3. Dobyns-Bennett (1-0)

4. Morristown West (0-1)

5. Morristown East (0-0)

6. Tennessee High (0-1)

7. Science Hill (0-1)

8. Jefferson County (0-1).

9. Volunteer (0-0)

10. Elizabethton (1-0)

Others Considered: Sullivan East, David Crockett, Daniel Boone, Hampton, Cherokee.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Hampton is a 1-A school, but I can't help but think they belong somewhere in the Top 10.

I know most of the kids play both ways and they have very little, if any depth. But, they are very strong! If they stay healthy, they should challenge for the state title this year. (if Campbell doesn't screw it up)

I hate to put things in perspective for all of us reg. 1 and 2 fans, but I was watching the knoxville news last night and Catholic, the team that beat Mo. West rather easily, is ranked 10th in the knox. region. Their rankings included Knox, Blount and Anderson counties for sure. Hopefully, this year will be different and someone from this region can get past that area. But, I wouldn't count on it.

TriCitiesSports.com Top 10 for Northeast Tennessee: Week 0

1. Sullivan South (1-0)

2. Greeneville (1-0)

3. Dobyns-Bennett (1-0)

4. Morristown West (0-1)

5. Morristown East (0-0)

6. Tennessee High (0-1)

7. Science Hill (0-1)

8. Jefferson County (0-1).

9. Volunteer (0-0)

10. Elizabethton (1-0)

Others Considered: Sullivan East, David Crockett, Daniel Boone, Hampton, Cherokee.

Thats all I have to say about this "poll."

The WaCo JaCo "Northeast Tn." Top 10 Poll

the only 100% correct poll for northeast tn. football!

1) Morristown West

2) Morristown East

3) Dobyns Bennett

4) Sullivan South

5) Greenville

6) Tennessee High

7) Gilligan's Island

8) Hampton

9) Volunteer

10) Elizabethton

There now, everybody get back to work.

The WaCo JaCo "Northeast Tn." Top 10 Poll

the only 100% correct poll for northeast tn. football!

1) Morristown West

2) Morristown East

3) Dobyns Bennett

4) Sullivan South

5) Greenville

6) Tennessee High

7) Gilligan's Island

8) Hampton

9) Volunteer

10) Elizabethton

There now, everybody get back to work.

I'm not doubting your poll because it is in fact 100% correct. So, since it is, we're in BIG trouble in this neck of the woods!! Just as I thought if you read my previous post.

I'm not doubting your poll because it is in fact 100% correct. So, since it is, we're in BIG trouble in this neck of the woods!! Just as I thought if you read my previous post.

I think most of us are starting to figure out that this 'neck of the woods' has been weak for quite some time now. And it pains me to say that this might the the weakest crop ever.

Moeast has a chance to make region 2 proud by playing Fulton week 4. It will be a tough one to win but Coach feels that the only way we can get better is to play better teams in the reg. season. Regions 1 and 2 have took some lumps over the last few years and it is about time they step up to the "knoxville" competition.

VolmanScott & WaCo,

I agree that this year NET is a bit down (or at least seems so early on), but I don't think it has been a trend or necessarily will become one...the ebbs and flows of talent and the utiliztion of that talent fluctuates from year to year, thus I don't think it is a problem, merely a situation we face this year...so I will be watching for effort and improvement from individuals and teams and hope to enjoy the season from the perspective of a dad, a fan, and someone who trys to cover the games...yeah, that attitude is a bit Pollyannaish, but that is okay; realistic expectations lend themselves to much more enjoyable situations.

Roll Tribe Roll

Moeast has a chance to make region 2 proud by playing Fulton week 4. It will be a tough one to win but Coach feels that the only way we can get better is to play better teams in the reg. season. Regions 1 and 2 have took some lumps over the last few years and it is about time they step up to the "knoxville" competition.

Uh, they're 3A dude, you SHOULD beat them!

Too much emphasis is put on classes. There are programs and teams. Programs tend to be better than teams.

You are 100% correct. Alcoa and Austin East would do very well in 4A OR 5A. Just a example. Probably everyone would agree if it wern't for those who like to cry every time they get beat by a bigger school. "You should beat us, you have a alot more to choose from"