WHH vs Forrest (Week 2)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage will be strong all year and it all doesnt matter bout 1 player anyone who plays a team sport should know that . Does anyone know about the saftey the one who had the cast on his had during the Forrest vs. Riverside game he didnt dress does anyone know his condission. But anyways I say Heritage 24 Forrest 17.

His name is Colin Henson (#12). He is one of the best safeties in the state. He will be in the game tonight so be ready.

Oh, and his CONDITION has improved greatly.

Congratulation on the win, Forrest. I wanted to wish "LoveThoseRockets" a speedy recovery. I felt awful last night when I called her to get a score update and she informed me she was in the hospital. True Rocket fan that she is, she made a couple of calls and gave me an update a little later. You gotta love a fan like that. God Bless her and I hope everything turns out okay for her!

Forrest dominated both LOS's, IMO. Heritage's coach called a terrible game. You can't keep running dive and off tackle plays all night if they aren't working. Ever heard of the shotgun or a rolling pocket????? Forrest is a well-disciplined team and they deserved the win.

The play calling had to be a result of loosing their starting QB. I watch WHH in a jamboree and they ran both shotgun and bootlegs. And they ran them very well. The bootlegs appeared to be a good compliment to their running plays. I didn't see the game but I have to believe that it would be a totally different ball game with WHH's starting QB in the game.

The play calling had to be a result of loosing their starting QB. I watch WHH in a jamboree and they ran both shotgun and bootlegs. And they ran them very well. The bootlegs appeared to be a good compliment to their running plays. I didn't see the game but I have to believe that it would be a totally different ball game with WHH's starting QB in the game.

I'm sure that factored into it. But still, you can try flare passes out of the backfield or a short passing game to slot WR's or TE's on out patterns or slants. Any QB at the HS level has been making those simple throws since pee-wee ball. They never tried anything off the LOS to give their kids a chance in space to make a play. I only recall two flares (one for a big gain) and one roll of the pocket (sack). Forrest didn't respect the pass at all and a little variety would have likely put them back on their heels a little and maybe created some running lanes, if nothing else.

Heritage drove the field on the first drive and scored. They did little else on offense the rest of the night. From the stands, it looked to me like Heritage was trying to protect the lead and win 7-6. But when you can't get a first down by running the same four plays and your defense is out there the whole game - that won't work. Forrest is a very well-coached team with good discipline. They ground it out on Heritage and finally broke one off that was the difference in the game ultimately.

The game did result in a big factor of there starting qb out, heritage is a good running team, but when you dont ahve a passing game to set up the run, than there isnt much you can do. They pretty much ran the same plays all night. I think heritage got out coached!! Heritage defense really only gave up two runs, which both resluted in a touchdown, none of the rockets points resulted from a full drive, just one play here and one play there that put the points on the board, both defenses looked pretty good on the night!! but offensivelt heritage got out coached!

It is no surprise that Heritage's qb got thrown out of the game. He is a hothead and is always starting something. He shows poor sportsmanship and I can't stand him. This may not be his last suspension of the season knowing this kid. Obviously I'm not a Forrest fan, just a Robertson county onlooker. I think Forrest wins because Heritage can't line up and smash the football. They've been playing passing league ball even in games, and that crap doesn't cut it. Especially now that the hot shot qb is out.

"knowing this kid" hmm obviosly you dont know him or i dont think you would be writing this. that call was crap and the other player was on top of mcclung trying to break his foot. too bad the refs didnt catch that but mcclung was only tryin to get the kid off of him? i was right there in the action. saw it all. hes a great qb and not having him at the last game was a loss.