Article in today's Tennessean

play4keeps

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PRO: Nice to see volleyball get covered.

CON: The whole article.

Really, how many back-handed compliments can one "professional" writer give?

Mr. Long, I recommend you bone up on volleyball before you dish out such journalism again.

By the way, he gave better accolades to a 5 year old. Sheesh.

I have 2 comments:

1) I don't have any need for the tennessean since my bird died.

2) Freshman? You are being critical of a freshmen? Like what coach would not want a dozen of these young ladies?

ok, 3) I may have to get a bird again.

I just finished reading the article again and I am red-faced. Its like he just finished watching "The Naked Gun" and decided to use as many one-liners as he could in the article. The one thing this writer should keep in mind is that this is a prep-athlete. He basically blasted her in her first high school match. (ON HER BIRTHDAY REMIND YOU)

It is very unprofessional and what I have come to expect out of the Tennessean.

PS Im glad to know that I am not the only person who feels the same way about the article

I have been a daily subsriber to the Tennessean for quite some time. I am a sports fan who

has been waiting for the day when the Tennessean would "turn a page" and become a more

LOCAL paper, instead of the bad writing and cut and paste articles from the national wire services

I have come to expect. No I am not from Ravenwood, but this player did not deserve an article

such as this, and I am fed up. I am calling to cancel my subscription.

One of the problems with "The Tennessean" concerning VB coverage is that the box scores are not available online. The only way you can see those is to actually buy a paper. By the way, I cancelled my subscription several years ago over lack of coverage of A/AA teams in VB, basketball, and baseball. Although I called in results for both VB and baseball, several times the box scores did not appear in the small section at the rear of the sports section. The space is limited there and if you don't get your box scores in early - as soon as possible after the match or game - it will be bumped out.

Announcements