9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

Rigger, you aren't drinking the Goodpasture Kool-Aid again are you???

Murphy Fair is sipping it again and says it is good.

We will see as the weeks go by that Ravenwood is a sham this year as well.

Good luck to White House the rest of the season, I know you are better than that.

Well last year I knew that Goodpasture was over rated. This year? I know Alcoa had to reload and has some young kids in some big spots. I think Goodpasture has learned some lessons from playing Alcoa last year and has stepped up their comp and has learned "speed kills"!

Understand I am not a Goodpasture fan but am giving them some credit this year for stepping up. They are the only team that I have read about who can give you guys a game!

And go back a few years ago and remember what a good David Libscomb team did to Alcoa on the way to the Championships.

2003-David Lipscomb vs Aloca 6-55

It happens to the best. Ask Michigan!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last year I knew that Goodpasture was over rated. This year? I know Alcoa had to reload and has some young kids in some big spots. I think Goodpasture has learned some lessons from playing Alcoa last year and has stepped up their comp and has learned "speed kills"!

Understand I am not a Goodpasture fan but am giving them some credit this year for stepping up. They are the only team that I have read about who can give you guys a game!

And go back a few years ago and remember what a good David Libscomb team did to Alcoa on the way to the Championships.

Both teams lost a lot of key players, You dont replace a Mark Fisher much the same as you dont replace Shiverdecker (or do you?) I just really do not think that Goodpasture will close the gap any more than they did last year. Props for scheduling Ravenwood and McGavock though even though the loss to maryville is always tough, we havent gotten anyone hurt in those games in recent years and grow from it.

And about David Lipscomb, Alcoa has not lost a 2A game since that night almost four years ago. but they (Lipscomb) did put a beating on a bunch of freshmen.

2003-David Lipscomb vs Aloca 6-55

It happens to the best. Ask Michigan!

If Goodpasture learned that "speed kills" then why did they play Ravenwood? Are they fast or something? Why didn't they step up and play like Hillsboro or someone with a lot of speed. I think Goodpasture is a good team, but for the past few years, Alcoa is on another level in 2A ball. The margin from the 1st place team, to the 2nd place team has been huge. It seems like Alcoa has done a pretty good job reloading with the young talent they have, and they will only get better as the year goes on.

Also, didn't the year DL beat Alcoa that bad, they also got waxed by Huntingdon in the championship game by about as bad as Alcoa has been beating Goodpasture?

I watched Raveenwood play the last two years and they were the best 5A team in the State the year the beat OR, The were bigger than Maryville and reminded me of the style and discipline that Maryville has.

Goodpasture caught a young and reloading Ravenwood this year. However this is the team that reminds me of a bigger Maryville. So take that for what it is.

I will pull for Alcao if they meet up agains GHS again. It's the Small Rural blue colar HS Vs the Rich Private City School. I go for the hard working class everytime. I'm an X-Madison resident who use to go and date the Goodpasture girls and crushed their HS Footbal teams when we would scrimage. I have no love for their program.

However, I try to give credit where credit is due. GHS deserves some credit this year.

Just as Alcoa has over the last 3 years for going to KY and D-II and playing the best teams in the state.

Good Luck to all and this is why I love HS football.

reaction-btw if your in Ooltewah, TN was does the B and cross swords stand for?

Big Country and tim this year don't even respond to people like this and eventually they will jus quit postin. I really do honestly think we'll beat alcoa. From what i understand they're all about speed and if that's the case then we're faster. Jus think about it, we gotta have the best recievers in the state in 3A with parker, barnes, neal, fulgham, and so on. I heard that not 1 single lineman is playin both ways, 4 fresh on d and 5 on offense, that's very impressive. 3 great rb's in the payne's and dixon. and in my honest non-biased opinion the most talented defense (preseason) in 3A in Tennessee. I said last year all year they would make it 2 state in b-ball and no one believed me, and sure enough they did it the hard way. i'm not even sure big country did, but i'm telling you guys now that this White House team is the real deal. Great coaching and great players is what this team is about for the next couple years, the only thing about it is WHHS tams get better as the year goes on, but i i promise u these players are not scared of alcoa one bit, and i got 'em 24-14. ANd if this game was week 10 @ WHHS i say 28-10.

BTW-How old is Ben? Is he young or just silly?

I watched Raveenwood play the last two years and they were the best 5A team in the State the year the beat OR, The were bigger than Maryville and reminded me of the style and discipline that Maryville has.

Goodpasture caught a young and reloading Ravenwood this year. However this is the team that reminds me of a bigger Maryville. So take that for what it is.

I will pull for Alcao if they meet up agains GHS again. It's the Small Rural blue colar HS Vs the Rich Private City School. I go for the hard working class everytime. I'm an X-Madison resident who use to go and date the Goodpasture girls and crushed their HS Footbal teams when we would scrimage. I have no love for their program.

However, I try to give credit where credit is due. GHS deserves some credit this year.

Just as Alcoa has over the last 3 years for going to KY and D-II and playing the best teams in the state.

Good Luck to all and this is why I love HS football.

reaction-btw if your in Ooltewah, TN was does the B and cross swords stand for?

Boyd Buchanan

I actually got a message on that facebook thing from your son a few months ago. Hadn't talked to him in years. Since you lived in the Harrison area when I went to hunter and he went to Brown.

Sounds pretty dumb to me. No offense to the WH fans but that teams wouldn't make it in our region and I think our region is pretty sorry! WH did have some speed at da skilled postions,but from what I saw they didn't know how to read their blocks or make anyone miss. If they could have made a move then they could have broke a few long runs on Alcoa. Alcoa could have scored 90 on WH,but Rankin is a classy coach and would never do that.

Take this from someone who was on the field friday. we werent flat we didnt play our best but they were jus better than us. Alcoa can easily compete for 5a Championships.

No they can't. Maryville beat them 42-14. Maryville is a great team that dominates 4A. With that being said however Maryville has won a bunch of closer state titles than 42-14 scores. Look at the three wins over Hillsboro and the two wins over Melrose in recent years.

Week after week I doubt Alcoa could just stand toe to toe with teams like Riverdale, Smyrna, Oak Ridge, etc. The depth is far greater and the athletes are just as equal. SORRY!!!!!

No they can't. Maryville beat them 42-14. Maryville is a great team that dominates 4A. With that being said however Maryville has won a bunch of closer state titles than 42-14 scores. Look at the three wins over Hillsboro and the two wins over Melrose in recent years.

Week after week I doubt Alcoa could just stand toe to toe with teams like Riverdale, Smyrna, Oak Ridge, etc. The depth is far greater and the athletes are just as equal. SORRY!!!!!

Boy oh boy I can't wait until 09 when Maryville steps up to 5A....you all will know that they are the real deal

If I'm not mistaken, Maryville now has the attendance to be a 5A school, but will wait until 09 to move up.

About the Alcoa fans who have bad attitudes: Please keep in mind that the ones running their mouths are students. The adults are being courteous and respectful, IMO. When Ben Stiller started a thread way back when, Alcoa fans tried to warn him to be careful about what he was saying until he saw us.

When alcoafan72 asked about the WHHS fans and said he didn't want to gloat, I believe him. I'd like to know what they thought of our little town. We have a lot of pride in our town and school, and I would hope that we were good hosts while you were here.

Heck, I resisted letting the air out of the bus tires when I saw them Texas Roadhouse for their pre-game meal!!!

Take this from someone who was on the field friday. we werent flat we didnt play our best but they were jus better than us. Alcoa can easily compete for 5a Championships.

Sometimes losses are good, especially if you learn from them. White House has been talking a lot of stuff during the offseason and early year. Maybe now they will refocus and get back to work and start getting better and maybe their fans (mommas and daddys) got sobered up by that big glass of shut-up juice. "Maybe I shouldn't have had Johnny sized up for his state championship ring this summer."