9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This humbling experience will no doubt be beneficial to the Blue Devils. Good confidence builders await them in the next two weeks against Springfield & Macon Co. They should win both of those games fairly easily.

Hey alcoafan72, I have no doubt about it that Maryville is the best team in the state. Alcoa is nowhere near their level and the 42-14 final proves it. There are teams in 5A like Riverdale, Smyrna, Oak Ridge, and some others that could play the Rebels closer (MUCH CLOSER MAY I ADD) than that final score. That's all I am saying. Alcoa would not win 5A and wouldn't have won 5A in 2004 either in my opinion.

In 2005 & 2006 when those studs Alcoa had were juniors and seniors for the most part then maybe they were just as good as anyone and could have won against anyone on any given night. In 2004 the defense wasn't at the level it needed to be as the title game against Huntingdon showed and this year it has already been proven. IN 2005 & 2006 THOUGH I WILL GIVE THE TORNADOES THEIR DUE. This year's team is nowhere near what those teams were. Maybe in 2008 or 2009 they will be though. They still may win 2A in 2007 but............. (fill in the rest of this sentence). I don't see Lindsay, Shiverdecker, Hicks, Sykes, Fiegler, Lanxter, Love, Warren, & Guzzo type of players just being "guys who are replacable". NO WAY!!!!

Big Country I'm not a dreamer so I know that what really makes the difference when it comes to Alcoa and them being able to compete and win with consistency with 5A teams or Maryville at this point is depth. I nor anyone else should expect these kids(especially the two-way players) to take that type of pounding for four quarters game after game. Granted they have had talented players since almost the beginning of time, but lacked other essential factors that make a dominant football program i.e. coaching continuity, weight program, etc. What I am saying is that for the last few years Alcoa has played arguably the best team in the state in Maryville regardless of class and in some instances have been the Rebels toughest competition. Alcoa is a bonafied 2A that on any given Friday night that if you lined up the best 22 players would beat any team on the field regardless of class. And as for the list of stars- Lindsay, Shivy and the rest that you mention ask anybody who lives in Alcoa and they will tell you that the sophomore and freshman class (some of who are playing now) will produce those types and better D1 prospects. Oh yea that 42-14 score does prove something...it proves that maryville won the game and IMO is the best team in the State of TN regardless and I know that statement opens a big can of worms

I really liked the atmosphere. You got a small town whose heart beats with its football team. Thats how it should be. I like the school spirit that the students showed. No trash talking going on as I was walking out wearing my 2004 Blue Devil Region Championship shirt. But I thought it was a perfect enviroment. The school itself looked fairly new. How new is it? As far as the game, I've already said how I feel about that and I was thoroughly impressed by Alcoa.

Thanks Manny, my whole point was to hear from you guys and get your comments on the whole experience. A lot of people who have never been to an Alcoa game get on hear and trash the fans, so I wanted them to know the difference between an over zealous student poster and the true fans and citizens.

42-14 is 42-14 & if that hurts your feelings then you my friend have issues. IT WAS A BLOWOUT!!!!

Cheatham Co. was down to Giles Co. 20-7 in the final moments of the first half last week. The final score was 66-20. You don't see me on here saying "the game was closer than the score indicated" now do you??????

On the same note 41-0 in the first half is 41-0 in the first half. White House got hammered in this one by a superior football team. I don't see any of their fans saying the following:

"the game was closer because it was 0-0 with 11:59 left to go on the first quarter"

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!

So Cheatham Co. is your team?? Well you bring them down to Blount Co. and see how close that game would be!! All I'm saying is that Alcoa can play with 5a teams and that we probably gave Marvyville their toughest game all year! Does your team play Maryville?? They'd probably score 70 on them huh? Alcoa is one of the top 5 teams in the state and that's all I have to say. See you in the Boro in a few months!

So Cheatham Co. is your team?? Well you bring them down to Blount Co. and see how close that game would be!! All I'm saying is that Alcoa can play with 5a teams and that we probably gave Marvyville their toughest game all year! Does your team play Maryville?? They'd probably score 70 on them huh? Alcoa is one of the top 5 teams in the state and that's all I have to say. See you in the Boro in a few months!

i agree...... let the hardware do the talking....

alcoachamp5.

I doubt Big Country was implying that Cheatham would beat Alcoa. I did not read it that way. What I read was that scores are not always reflective of the competitiveness of a game. Hard to disagree with that.

ruse?

Big Country I'm not a dreamer so I know that what really makes the difference when it comes to Alcoa and them being able to compete and win with consistency with 5A teams or Maryville at this point is depth. I nor anyone else should expect these kids(especially the two-way players) to take that type of pounding for four quarters game after game. Granted they have had talented players since almost the beginning of time, but lacked other essential factors that make a dominant football program i.e. coaching continuity, weight program, etc. What I am saying is that for the last few years Alcoa has played arguably the best team in the state in Maryville regardless of class and in some instances have been the Rebels toughest competition. Alcoa is a bonafied 2A that on any given Friday night that if you lined up the best 22 players would beat any team on the field regardless of class. And as for the list of stars- Lindsay, Shivy and the rest that you mention ask anybody who lives in Alcoa and they will tell you that the sophomore and freshman class (some of who are playing now) will produce those types and better D1 prospects. Oh yea that 42-14 score does prove something...it proves that maryville won the game and IMO is the best team in the State of TN regardless and I know that statement opens a big can of worms

I have to agree

Sorry, but I have to poitn this out.

42-14 is probably a very good indicator of the score if you did actually see the game.

Yes, Alcoa had a couple of chance in which they could have kept the game closer, but also don't forget Maryville was also about two plays away from the score being 56-14 as well. I specifically remember a fumble out of the back of the endzone and another play or two that could have made it more decidely in Maryville's favor.

alcoachamp5.

I doubt Big Country was implying that Cheatham would beat Alcoa. I did not read it that way. What I read was that scores are not always reflective of the competitiveness of a game. Hard to disagree with that.

ruse?

Thanks ruse?.

If you people can see where I stated anywhere that Cheatham Co. would beat or could ply with Alcoa then PLEASE point that out to me. AlcoaChamp5 & Trey1988 you two need to read the postings better before you get behind a keyboard and start shooting off at the mouth.

42-14 is a blowout as Solomon even said and that old saying that "it could have been a lot closer" is a bunch of bulls _ _ t!!!!! That sounds like some mom or dad getting on here and filling the message board with a bunch of excuses.

And as far as Maryville's toughest game goes I have two teams that will play the Rebels much tighter than a 42-14 score. The first is William Blount who will likely be playing deep into the playoffs this November at a higher level than 2A. The second is Hillsboro. The Burros have their best team this year and in three title game losses to Maryville Hillsboro has never been beaten 42-14.

Alcoa played Maryville close last year but everyone who knows the previous history in that series knows that the Rebels usually win by a lot when they play Alcoa. The game is hardly competitive (even during Alcoa's great runs in 2A for the last few years).

Hey alcoafan72, thanks for actually seeing things in a realistic way. Alcoa is a great football team. They are head and shoulders above anyone in 2A. They could possibly even win 3A some years. In 2005 I believe they would have won it all in 3A. In 2004 they wouldn't have done it because Fulton was a lot better than them defensively. In 2006 they played Fulton head-to-head and lost so do the math there. This year????? Alcoa could not win 4A or 5A though. They couldn't win 4A because of the obvious reason that they can't beat Maryville. They couldn't win 5A because on a week after week basis the talent is good enough to compete with Alcoa and the depth would eventually be the demise of Alcoa playing at that particular level.

Of all of the Alcoa Tornadoes great teams in recent years they may have won 3A a grand total of 1 TIME!!!! Again that was 2005. The first title in '04 the defense wasn't good enough to beat a team like Fulton that year. In 2006 they lost to Fulton in the head-to-head matchup so how could I pick them to win it all when the team that did win it all in 3A beat Alcoa?????? Maryville is better than Alcoa so with that in mind 4A is out of the picture. In 5A Alcoa may have beaten Riverdale. They may have beaten Smyrna. They may have beaten Ravenwood. They may have beaten Oak Ridge. They even may have beaten last year's White Station bunch. HOWEVER THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONSISTENTLY BEAT THOSE TEAMS ON A WEEK AFTER WEEK BASIS!!!! The depth at that level is far superior and the talent is just as good as what Alcoa has on the field. It may not be better as far as the top "stars" go but overall it is just as good and as a T-E-A-M the depth and talent is far better.

A great 2A school that wins titles can't always beat everyone folks. Look at things in a realistic way and then get back to me. Thanks.

SORRY IF THIS HURTS FEELINGS OUT THERE BUT IT IS TRUE!!!!!!