Congrats to the Gleason Bulldogs!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleason hasn't beaten a quality team in the last ten years and it probably won't happen this year either. And until you do, Your stuck with the thought of being a substandard team. Lake County, Bruceton, Union City, Mckenzie all have more attendance enrolled and will have more kids to pick from. But Congrats on your 2 and 0 let's see how you finish.

Butchie,

I normally don't reply to posts on here, but I couldn't resist this time. This post you made was absolutely awesome!! All this time I've been thinking that Gleason had more athletes playing football than Lake County, Bruceton, McKenzie, and Union City. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

On another note, I have made the assumption that you are a long time Mckenzie fan. Let me say congrats on your team. You guys have a great program. Your coach is one of the best, you've had some really good athletes the past few years(Drew Hayes and Derek Carr are great quarterbacks), and the move to single A didn't hurt things. Either way, Mckenzie has a lot to be proud of in their football program. Rightly so. However, you the long time fan will be the first to admit that Mckenzie was a substandard football team for many many years, so you now how that is.

Now, my question is this. How many football games have you won in your coaching career? Better yet, how many games have you won coaching a school with less than half the enrollment of its opponents?

Substandard is a strong word. Especially when you are referring to a school, in your own words, has a lower enrollment and fewer kids to pick from. Based on what you say, the school with the larger enrollment and more kids is supposed to win. If you look at it that way, Gleason's record should be 0-9-1 (the tie is with Greenfield because their enrollment is almost identical). Seems to me a 2-0 start is overachievement, far better than substandard. On another note, for the past two seasons Mckenzie has failed to make it to the state championship while being one of the most populous single A schools in the state. I won't call it being stuck in substandard. That's your word.

Now back to the point of this thread. Congrats to Coach Lampkins and the Gleason Bulldogs on a great start this season. You've already overachieved.

I'm with you Leonard, I wasn't going to reply to Butchie because he's just another message board know it all with too much time on his hands that likes to sit on CoachT all day. The thread was started to say congrats to Noah and the bulldogs for starting 2-0 for the first time in a long long time and he feels obligated to get on here and try to diminish what 14-17 year old kids accomplish. He's a REAL WINNER!! If I looked correctly last Friday night the Bulldogs had 23 kids dressed with 6-7 of them being Freshmen and were up 38-6 at one point in the 4th and beat a Stewart Co. team the week before that had well over 50 kids on the sidelines. The other positive about Friday night was how well we played considering we only had 3 seniors dress, none of which scored a point (although each of the 3 were major contributors blocking and on defense). Hey Butchie, I would love to see Mckenzie bring 23 kids to come play us and see how that would turn out, to make it even more fair why not draw the 23 out of a hat and just come play with what you've got which is what we have to do each year.

Butchie,

I normally don't reply to posts on here, but I couldn't resist this time. This post you made was absolutely awesome!! All this time I've been thinking that Gleason had more athletes playing football than Lake County, Bruceton, McKenzie, and Union City. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

On another note, I have made the assumption that you are a long time Mckenzie fan. Let me say congrats on your team. You guys have a great program. Your coach is one of the best, you've had some really good athletes the past few years(Drew Hayes and Derek Carr are great quarterbacks), and the move to single A didn't hurt things. Either way, Mckenzie has a lot to be proud of in their football program. Rightly so. However, you the long time fan will be the first to admit that Mckenzie was a substandard football team for many many years, so you now how that is.

Now, my question is this. How many football games have you won in your coaching career? Better yet, how many games have you won coaching a school with less than half the enrollment of its opponents?

Substandard is a strong word. Especially when you are referring to a school, in your own words, has a lower enrollment and fewer kids to pick from. Based on what you say, the school with the larger enrollment and more kids is supposed to win. If you look at it that way, Gleason's record should be 0-9-1 (the tie is with Greenfield because their enrollment is almost identical). Seems to me a 2-0 start is overachievement, far better than substandard. On another note, for the past two seasons Mckenzie has failed to make it to the state championship while being one of the most populous single A schools in the state. I won't call it being stuck in substandard. That's your word.

Now back to the point of this thread. Congrats to Coach Lampkins and the Gleason Bulldogs on a great start this season. You've already overachieved.

You tell em Leonard! I can't beleive you have time to coachT with all thosae diapers needing to be changed!!! Congrats on the 2-0 start? Is Kayla Hudson kicking the extra points or are they going for 2? I know she could make the 3 pointer if they need one!!!! (hehehehehe)

10team.....you need a knew name...it must not be a joke! gold balls have been there at least the last 2 years!!!

I'm with you Leonard, I wasn't going to reply to Butchie because he's just another message board know it all with too much time on his hands that likes to sit on CoachT all day. The thread was started to say congrats to Noah and the bulldogs for starting 2-0 for the first time in a long long time and he feels obligated to get on here and try to diminish what 14-17 year old kids accomplish. He's a REAL WINNER!! If I looked correctly last Friday night the Bulldogs had 23 kids dressed with 6-7 of them being Freshmen and were up 38-6 at one point in the 4th and beat a Stewart Co. team the week before that had well over 50 kids on the sidelines. The other positive about Friday night was how well we played considering we only had 3 seniors dress, none of which scored a point (although each of the 3 were major contributors blocking and on defense). Hey Butchie, I would love to see Mckenzie bring 23 kids to come play us and see how that would turn out, to make it even more fair why not draw the 23 out of a hat and just come play with what you've got which is what we have to do each year.

10team and Leonard ..You guys shouldn't be so hard on ole Butchie..He's just having fun..He's always taking jabs at Lake Co. but he's just a big Rebel fan..He had his Rebels in the State championship game last year but my Falcons ended up going farther in the playoffs..As for bringing 23 kids...Lake Co played with 21 to 25 players several years and won a State championship..I believe the State runner-up team with Jewel Flowers had 22 players..But anyway..Congrats to Gleason!

Butchie,

Butchie just got pwned.

Nice post, Leonard.

Wow, Great post Leonard. That was a well thought out well put response. My son Played for Gleason Just a few years ago. And I do know the Coach and alot of the players that are still Playing. Cudo's for thier accomplishments.

But your in the boat as Gibson County is in 2a. There are good athlete's in your hallways that are not playing. So even more credit should go towards the ones that are playing. Noah Loves his Kids and coaches with emotion. He deserves better. The Players on the team deserve more support from the ones who don't play. And with that said I can't explain why we haven't won a Championship. And I haven't Coached any football team not even city League. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you don't have the talent playing the game that you need to win.

Now hold on, I didn't say your School doesn't have any talent. The School is small and The Talent you need aint playing but are probably enrolled. Mckenzie 2 years ago didn't have the defense to win. And Last yr we had an over zealous QB, a former Gleasonian, got anxious and started pressing. And Injuries and lada dy ;lada da.

But I stick By my previous post and will speak to you again sometime. Good Luck Dawgs. And keep posting Leonard.

For my part, the fact that several Gleason fans are on here posting is a sign of the program heading in the right direction. I've been on coachT for a while now and this is pretty much the first time I've seen any posting by Gleason fans on a thread dedicated to the Gleason team and their early success. I have a few grandkids in Gleason who will be active in school sports there soon and even though I'm a Rebel fan I'll have to learn to adapt and be good with them when that day comes. Again congrats on your good start and hope ya'll stay injury free and notch a few more wins this season!! Ya'll deserve it if anyone does!!!!

As for 'ol butchie, see my first post on this thread. Or read mr_bigster's last post on here. Butchie is just a big 'ol Rebel fan with a cook book full of recipe's for crow!!!! He doesn't mean any harm, he just likes to get folks excited about an upcoming game. You've got to admit he's good at it too. Ask the folks in Bruceton!!!

Wow, Great post Leonard. That was a well thought out well put response. My son Played for Gleason Just a few years ago. And I do know the Coach and alot of the players that are still Playing. Cudo's for thier accomplishments.

But your in the boat as Gibson County is in 2a. There are good athlete's in your hallways that are not playing. So even more credit should go towards the ones that are playing. Noah Loves his Kids and coaches with emotion. He deserves better. The Players on the team deserve more support from the ones who don't play. And with that said I can't explain why we haven't won a Championship. And I haven't Coached any football team not even city League. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you don't have the talent playing the game that you need to win.

Now hold on, I didn't say your School doesn't have any talent. The School is small and The Talent you need aint playing but are probably enrolled. Mckenzie 2 years ago didn't have the defense to win. And Last yr we had an over zealous QB, a former Gleasonian, got anxious and started pressing. And Injuries and lada dy ;lada da.

But I stick By my previous post and will speak to you again sometime. Good Luck Dawgs. And keep posting Leonard.

This post makes much more sense and has much better taste than your first(although you basically said the same thing). If you had said it that way the first time, everyone, including myself and tenteam, would have probably agreed. No one ever said Gleason would win the region or go 10-0, they just congratulated them on a good start. Thanks for being honest.