Lewis County vs Richland! I'll be there!

apantherfan

ssssssssssince you can't beat us in football now you want to have a SPELLING BEE!!! YOU FUNNY BOY!! MAYBE WAYNESBORO CAN START A BAD MITTING TOURNAMENT or a air hockey, and read to each other after the event now run along boy you botherin me..

When people start talking about firing teachers and principals, all in the name of making a place more football friendly, what do you expect? Lewis County posters simply prove my point each time they post on these forums. The stupidity is obvious.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the difference in the way you people think and the way normal people think. Lewis County could not care any less about the education of its kids, just as long as they get to the playoffs. Giles and other counties (I can speak for those of us in Wayne) would not dream of replacing administration and good quality teachers just to get football coaches. You people don't have your priorities straight, which is why so many stupid people are graduating from your school. Make football a part of your school, don't build your school around football. I would bet teachers are giving your kids passing grades just out of fear of retaliation. The next time we see Lewis will be at Burger King, asking us if we want fries with that!

Footballfan931 you need to watch the insultes on the kids being stupid. Its one thing on here to talk smack to each other about football but I think your little punk statement is overstepping some bounds.

This is the difference in the way you people think and the way normal people think. Lewis County could not care any less about the education of its kids, just as long as they get to the playoffs. Giles and other counties (I can speak for those of us in Wayne) would not dream of replacing administration and good quality teachers just to get football coaches. You people don't have your priorities straight, which is why so many stupid people are graduating from your school. Make football a part of your school, don't build your school around football. I would bet teachers are giving your kids passing grades just out of fear of retaliation. The next time we see Lewis will be at Burger King, asking us if we want fries with that!

Giles Co does care about education! I was speaking of the athletic program when I said they needed freshness. They put more emphasis on the coaching staff at GCHS than they do at Richland. They don't care about the athletic programs at Richland, which is why I said they needed some freshness at that school. They have had they same head coach for 13 yrs. and his record is less than stellor. Some of the assistants there have never even played football and no one in administration cares. Giles Co. gets new coaches every year, and look at how much better they have done as a football team in the past 3 years.. I was saying that not only do they need new coaches at Richland, but also a director of schools who cares about the whole county and the kids at BOTH schools --not just Giles County High School. I feel sorry for the athletes at Richland as far as morale. They have no leadership and it's sad.

Giles Co does care about education! I was speaking of the athletic program when I said they needed freshness. They put more emphasis on the coaching staff at GCHS than they do at Richland. They don't care about the athletic programs at Richland, which is why I said they needed some freshness at that school. They have had they same head coach for 13 yrs. and his record is less than stellor. Some of the assistants there have never even played football and no one in administration cares. Giles Co. gets new coaches every year, and look at how much better they have done as a football team in the past 3 years.. I was saying that not only do they need new coaches at Richland, but also a director of schools who cares about the whole county and the kids at BOTH schools --not just Giles County High School. I feel sorry for the athletes at Richland as far as morale. They have no leadership and it's sad.

All I'm saying is that it is a sad day when no one cares about the good things happening in a coach's classroom. Letting a great teacher go because of athletics is wrong. Sports are meant to enhance a school, not take away from it. Ultimately, schools exist to educate all students. When you run off good teachers and replace them with guys who are "all football" you do harm to the school. I think we all had a teacher in school who was rarely in his room because he was off dealing with sports issues. Those guys don't deserve to call themselves teachers.

I will gladly send my child to a school that has an average athletics program but values education. It is far preferable to schools that replace great teachers with guys who are coaches first and teachers second.

All I'm saying is that it is a sad day when no one cares about the good things happening in a coach's classroom. Letting a great teacher go because of athletics is wrong. Sports are meant to enhance a school, not take away from it. Ultimately, schools exist to educate all students. When you run off good teachers and replace them with guys who are "all football" you do harm to the school. I think we all had a teacher in school who was rarely in his room because he was off dealing with sports issues. Those guys don't deserve to call themselves teachers.

I will gladly send my child to a school that has an average athletics program but values education. It is far preferable to schools that replace great teachers with guys who are coaches first and teachers second.

No, what you were doing was looking for another reason to take a stab at LC, when all the time it was a

Richland fan questioning the adm., any time you want to compare LC school systems with WC's, we can do

that too, now go away

No, what you were doing was looking for another reason to take a stab at LC, when all the time it was a

Richland fan questioning the adm., any time you want to compare LC school systems with WC's, we can do

that too, now go away

Well, he didn't say he was from Richland, did he?

Oh, and while you're getting my burger ready remember to leave off the mayo.

that too, now go away

One more thing. I'll hold off comparing my school system to yours until Benny gets his high school SACS Accredited. You can visit the Tennessee Report Card website and find that Lewis County is one of the few school systems in Tennessee that continues to be unable or unwilling to seek SACS recognition. SACS is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and recognition means that your kids are being better prepared for college than the kids in unaccredited systems. Need I say more? Just have a look. During a quick search, I could not find any school system in the state that is not accredited other than Lewis County! This is the same as Lewis hanging a sign in front of the school saying its kids are not being prepared for college. At least they are being prepared to play ball, I suppose. Then the rest of us can support them when they fail at Burger King and need surgery for their injuries from the "glory days."

Tennessee Report Card

One more thing. I'll hold off comparing my school system to yours until Benny gets his high school SACS Accredited. You can visit the Tennessee Report Card website and find that Lewis County is one of the few school systems in Tennessee that continues to be unable or unwilling to seek SACS recognition. SACS is the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and recognition means that your kids are being better prepared for college than the kids in unaccredited systems. Need I say more? Just have a look. During a quick search, I could not find any school system in the state that is not accredited other than Lewis County! This is the same as Lewis hanging a sign in front of the school saying its kids are not being prepared for college. At least they are being prepared to play ball, I suppose. Then the rest of us can support them when they fail at Burger King and need surgery for their injuries from the "glory days."

Tennessee Report Card

Big Guy, wrong again, I have attended the reception for the SACS accrediation for the High School and Elementary School, the intermediate school is going thru the prcoess as I type, maybe Mr. Pace needs to contact the state to update their site, now try again

Footballfan931 you are incorrect on your statement about Lewis County not being SACS accredited. All four schools in the county are ALL SACS approved and in good standing. I'm so sorry in your your education that you weren't taught how to find the truth before making false statements. Education is the first priority for all our schools and athletics helps to enhance the learning experience for those who choose to participate in them. Try becoming a true football fan and being supportive of sports instead of going against your user name and cutting everyone else down for your own shortcomings. By the way switch back to your old user name so people will know why you feel the way you do about us.