gibson county @ milan

bulldoggfan

Yeah, I was there the year the new field house was built, and that really made the stadium look 10x better. And from what I'm hearing about it now, it's even better...is that right???

It looks much better than it did that year. New goal posts, new nets behind the goal posts, new paint, new play clocks. It looks like a colege field now

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's relevant to say about the face mask that you were more than likely on Milan's side and I was approximately 30 yards standing from where it happened....the kickers back was to the referee that through the flag and I clearly saw him grab him by the shoulder pads and pull him to the ground but we still got to block the field goal on a bad snap....1 question I want to ask for the referees.....the kicker for Milan when kicking the 35 or 45 yard FG that missed....WHY DID THE BALL GET SPOTTED ON THE 20 YARD LINE ON THE TURNOVER ON DOWNS!!!????!!!????!!?? do I just not know the rule that if a field goal is missed that its on the 20 yard line????? I thought it was from the spot of the ball on a missed FG..can anyone correct me ?

In high school a field goal is like a punt. He kicked the FG through the endzone so it was a touchback. Had the ball rolled dead at the 1 yard line and Milan got on it like a punt it would have been GC ball at the 1. If the ball rolled to the 10 and Milan left the field in disgust, GC could have ran the ball back.

I thought it was an all-around good game by Milan. Milan's defense did really good with 2ints and a shut-out. J.W. Williams once again took over this game and 2td's. The facemask didnt matter, still missed the extra point. The interference was out of bounds. O-line struggled but still the score was 27-0. Great response from Milan

It looks much better than it did that year. New goal posts, new nets behind the goal posts, new paint, new play clocks. It looks like a colege field now

Glad to hear that Johnnie Hale Stadium is becoming such a nice field. Don't get me wrong, it was nice before, but I can't wait to get home to see it for myself.

In high school a field goal is like a punt. He kicked the FG through the endzone so it was a touchback. Had the ball rolled dead at the 1 yard line and Milan got on it like a punt it would have been GC ball at the 1. If the ball rolled to the 10 and Milan left the field in disgust, GC could have ran the ball back.

Ok thanks for the correction...I understand it now, just didn't know it was like that in HS...Anyways no more complaining from me Congrats to Milan on a big win last night and I can't wait to see you guys get to full strength and play some football...And whats the next addition to Milan's field???? Stadium seating on both sides maybe??? lol

I heard a JumboTron

Whatever happened to the Bulldawg mascot...I haven't seen him around in a few years???? I'm down with a jumbo tron even though I have nothing to do with Milan football lol...I say you get different seats in the visitors section...those wooden bleachers sure did look painful for people to sit in lol

Referees were as lost as a blind man tonight!!!!! The tackle on the kicker was NOT a face mask he grapped him on the side of the shoulder pads, the clip on Milan's sideline that was waved off WAS a clip, and the passing interference that was NOT called on Milan when our receiver was going to catch the ball WAS passing interference....Did any of you notice that the referees DID spot the ball wrong on different penalties (some of the penalties were from the spot of the ball, and others were from spot of the foul,etc..)...I did check the difference in the penalties with the stat person before I left and this was about midways through the fourth and Milan had 2 penalties on them all night and GC had around 13....Anyways I'll quit complaining because most of those penalties had very little to do with the game...Milan has some great athletes and GC just gave up the big play too many times tonight...Our defense did play decent IMO...Jake Hill ran the ball HARD for us tonight and I liked the fact that they put Antoine out at a split out a couple of times and we gave the ball to other players....CONGRATS TO MILAN!!! Good Luck next week in your game with Camden.....Gibson Co. will be hosting TCA...Good Luck to the Pioneers!!!!

I believe u are right but it is hard for a team to beat fifteen people especialy when four of them are wearing stripes anytime gibson would get any momentom they would throw three flags in a row and put them back where they started gibson county was ripped out of this game and anyone who knows anyone knows that milan is no where near as good of a team as they have been the past two years and by the way the new time clocks i thought they were supposed to be run for both teams not just milans opponetns there was times when they would not start the timer until three or four seconds when milan was in the huddel if they even started at all i believe if milan and gibson county meet agin the outcome will be different if they play on gibson county field im not exectly saying gibson would have won but there would be no way they would shut them down without the refs throwing twenty flags on gibson for no reason and milan had what maybe two all now and one of them was called off there is no way milan will win this region they have alot to improve on i just figure they didnt want them to be 0-2 starting off the season i hate when refs decided the outcome of a game let the kids play

Your an idiot. Simple as that. 27-0? yes 27-0. Gibson Co. was five steps steps behind Milan in this game. Quit your crying. U didnt stand a chance in, well u know where, when Milan went up 14-0. Gibson Co. couldnt muster any offensive threats and if I remember right I never saw Gibson Co. inside Milan's twenty or thirty for that matter. Quit your bashing because your hometown team got baptized. Not on of your players could run down Williams or move the ball. Yall have one player, your QB, and he had a somewhat bad game. You think the outcome would be different five miles down the road to Gibson Co. field? HIGHLY doubt it. I would love to see the re-match but I

HIGHLY doubt I see yall in the playoffs.

P.S. I enjoyed watching your linemen dive into our players legs like free willy. Loved seeing a flag before the play and seeing a Gibson Co. player dive on the ground when everyone was standing looking at him. Ha

Good luck to Gibson Co. and for you. I pray for you pal

I believe u are right but it is hard for a team to beat fifteen people especialy when four of them are wearing stripes anytime gibson would get any momentom they would throw three flags in a row and put them back where they started gibson county was ripped out of this game and anyone who knows anyone knows that milan is no where near as good of a team as they have been the past two years and by the way the new time clocks i thought they were supposed to be run for both teams not just milans opponetns there was times when they would not start the timer until three or four seconds when milan was in the huddel if they even started at all i believe if milan and gibson county meet agin the outcome will be different if they play on gibson county field im not exectly saying gibson would have won but there would be no way they would shut them down without the refs throwing twenty flags on gibson for no reason and milan had what maybe two all now and one of them was called off there is no way milan will win this region they have alot to improve on i just figure they didnt want them to be 0-2 starting off the season i hate when refs decided the outcome of a game let the kids play

You're new to this whole posting thing so all i can say is that you are both very ignorant and quite comical. I'm guessing you play for gibson county and you're probably a senior. (Touchdown08) I come to this conclusion because highschool seniors are usually obsessed with the numerical year in which they graduate (08) and that anyone with an adult human brain would be smarter than what you have shown. Yeah, milan has stuff they need to work on but if I was you I believe i'd try to go motivate my team so Maybe i could win a game my senior year instead of blaming the refs and crying about loosing to a team that has beat you every time the two teams have played. So if blaming the refs for you loosing instead of just admiting geting beat helps you sleep at night then go ahead but do it somewhere else because no body on here is dumb enough to belive that the outcome would be different with different refs or at a different field. Good luck with the rest of your year.

You're new to this whole posting thing so all i can say is that you are both very ignorant and quite comical. I'm guessing you play for gibson county and you're probably a senior. (Touchdown08) I come to this conclusion because highschool seniors are usually obsessed with the numerical year in which they graduate (08) and that anyone with an adult human brain would be smarter than what you have shown. Yeah, milan has stuff they need to work on but if I was you I believe i'd try to go motivate my team so Maybe i could win a game my senior year instead of blaming the refs and crying about loosing to a team that has beat you every time the two teams have played. So if blaming the refs for you loosing instead of just admiting geting beat helps you sleep at night then go ahead but do it somewhere else because no body on here is dumb enough to belive that the outcome would be different with different refs or at a different field. Good luck with the rest of your year.

Well, I hate to sound like a whiney baby but he's telling the facts...everytime Gibson Co. did gain momentum there were back to back penalties...I remember one time the ref through a flag before the ball was snapped and all of the referees had to get together and then they finally made a call and of course against Gibson Co....I don't agree that if the game were at GC it'd be different because Milan was clearly the better team....Like I said in an earlier post, I checked the penalty ratio with GC's stat-person before I left and this was only 4 minutes into the 4th quarter and it was like 13 penalties against GC and 2 penalties against Milan ALL night!!! something is wrong with that eh?? But anyways it's a new week and off to another thread...Good Luck to Milan!!!

Well, I hate to sound like a whiney baby but he's telling the facts...everytime Gibson Co. did gain momentum there were back to back penalties...I remember one time the ref through a flag before the ball was snapped and all of the referees had to get together and then they finally made a call and of course against Gibson Co....I don't agree that if the game were at GC it'd be different because Milan was clearly the better team....Like I said in an earlier post, I checked the penalty ratio with GC's stat-person before I left and this was only 4 minutes into the 4th quarter and it was like 13 penalties against GC and 2 penalties against Milan ALL night!!! something is wrong with that eh?? But anyways it's a new week and off to another thread...Good Luck to Milan!!!

Now im not saying that gc would have beat milan but the score probly would not have looked as bad maybe 14 to 27 in milans favor.