Giles Co. Vs. Cheatham Co.

blockhead

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice touch. Kirk Herbstreit style.

I have been told not to make any bold predictions regarding games featuring Cheatham Co. or Sycamore. We at WQSV do not want to seem heavily biased when broadcasting the games on Friday nights and making predictions obviously would make that a serious issue towards fans of the other teams that listen to the games either on the radio or over the world wide web.

I stopped by the fieldhouse today and looked at a little bit of Giles Co. on film. Quon Reynold may be the best player in Region 5-3A. He was without question a difference maker last week. He runs the ball well, plays well on defense (an extremely fast player that flies to the football), and as the film proved he doesn't take plays off on special teams (his blocked PAT won the game for GC). Bo Wallace really has stepped up and filled the huge shoes that Dunnavant left behind when he graduated. He can run the veer and throw the football extremely well. Kendall Dangerfield is the most dominant player in the region. Lawrence Co. just could not seem to block the young man. I saw two plays that really stood out. The first was the one where he actually leaped the offensive tackle that tried to cut block him last week and sacked the quarterback. The second play was when he took #65 on the LC field goal unit and ran him all the way back into the holder when he blocked what would have been a game winning field goal for Lawrence Co. The Harneys are a couple of very special football players at their linebacker spots. I CAN GO ON & ON & ON ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS THAT COACH O'CONNOR'S BUNCH DOES!!!! The Cheatham Co. head coach has already gone on record to predict that Giles would win Region 5-3A this season. THIS WILL BE A VERY DIFFICULT GAME FOR THE CUBS!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS IN THIS BATTLE!!!!!!

I have been told not to make any bold predictions regarding games featuring Cheatham Co. or Sycamore. We at WQSV do not want to seem heavily biased when broadcasting the games on Friday nights and making predictions obviously would make that a serious issue towards fans of the other teams that listen to the games either on the radio or over the world wide web.

I stopped by the fieldhouse today and looked at a little bit of Giles Co. on film. Quon Reynold may be the best player in Region 5-3A. He was without question a difference maker last week. He runs the ball well, plays well on defense (an extremely fast player that flies to the football), and as the film proved he doesn't take plays off on special teams (his blocked PAT won the game for GC). Bo Wallace really has stepped up and filled the huge shoes that Dunnavant left behind when he graduated. He can run the veer and throw the football extremely well. Kendall Dangerfield is the most dominant player in the region. Lawrence Co. just could not seem to block the young man. I saw two plays that really stood out. The first was the one where he actually leaped the offensive tackle that tried to cut block him last week and sacked the quarterback. The second play was when he took #65 on the LC field goal unit and ran him all the way back into the holder when he blocked what would have been a game winning field goal for Lawrence Co. The Harneys are a couple of very special football players at their linebacker spots. I CAN GO ON & ON & ON ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS THAT COACH O'CONNOR'S BUNCH DOES!!!! The Cheatham Co. head coach has already gone on record to predict that Giles would win Region 5-3A this season. THIS WILL BE A VERY DIFFICULT GAME FOR THE CUBS!!!!

OUCH! Sensitive people out there for sure. I dont think its a big deal to show a little biase

towards ones team,even when on the air.Everyone knows Lee Corso's favorite team.But it does show

class.

Quon Reynolds is intense and contributes in every game.

Wallace has stepped up and is wearing the shoes but has aways to go before he fills them.

Dangerfield is a man among boys, Harney has great potential. The other Harney I think his name

is Turner not Harney will be big for GC .

On the other hand I think most are underestimating the Cubs.They are young but I expect a verry

physical bunch that will be well disaplined as they allways are. If they can limit turnovers they will

be in this one to the wire.

GC 21

CC 19

Big Country,

If you are broadcasting for Cheatham County you should be biased! When I listen to a Vols game, I want to hear them get excited when Rocky Top is playing...I don't want them to just narrate the game. I like homers and those Ashland City residents want to hear you rooting for the Cubs! There is nothing wrong with getting excited for your team.

If Quon Reynolds is #24, I have to agree with you. (I think they have another Reynolds on the team) He is the smallest player on the field and any given time, but not many guys make more plays than him.

Saying that Wallace has filled Dunnavant's shoes is probably an overstatement.

Saying that Dangerfield is the most dominant player in the region is probably and understatement.

Finley saying that GC would win Region 5 this year is a major step out! They are not as good as they were last year. Lipscomb is still king. However, Marshall Co. might be good enough to beat DL by week 9 (but they are not good enough right now!).

Two years ago the Cubs walked into the Brickyard and physically whooped the Bobcats by the tune of 48-7. Last year the bobcats won 35-21. I look for the score this year to be somewhere in between...say 28-24.

Well...Big Country..I see where you picked DL to roll over my Pats.....no surprise there.

This game and the Creekwood/Marshall co game will get us all a clearer view of 5-3a when the smoke clears.

The winners get some time in the driver's seat early. I am anxious to see how the pre-region games have "setup" the teams for the region run.

Speaking of Broadcasting, I have never noted that your broadcast team as "biased"...just simple game analysis and play by play with a splash of hometown thrown in. You should have the chance to listen to the Marshall co crew who get on the refs and think they will come back to win with 3 min to go and down by 20 OR DL's team which makes it seem like David vs Goliath or touting their All-American players.....nothing wrong with that either....you all are much more in the middle of the road and very similar to the Crockett co crew....very similar to them.

Congrats to Giles Co. on the win. You guys have an awesome team that should go very deep into the playoffs again this year. Wallace has a great arm and not only do Reynolds & Perez run the football but I found out about a young man named Houston tonight as well (he had 4TD on the ground for Giles). Wallace threw for 4TDs (2 to Perez & 2 to McElroy). That doesn't even include the plays that Rico Brown made receiving. Reynolds, Harney, Turner, Dangerfield, Coleman, etc. make for a very athletic defense that is hard to consistently move the ball against.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE GILES & LIPSCOMB LOCK HORNS DOWN THE ROAD!!!!!

Many critics have been OFFICIALLY silenced by the performance of Super Sophomore, Mr. Bo Wallace. I personally didn't know whether I was at a fireworks show on the fourth of July or a highschool football game because Bo literally lit up the sky that much. His long passes were PERFECT in every since of the word, hitting his recievers in their stride for major gains, not to mention his short bullets he threw to slice up Cheatham County's defense. What an amazing performance. The GC recievers definately stepped their game up and Bo got alot more help from ALL his recievers. Rico Brown is always a great target but Andre McElroy and Josh Perez stepped it up and made some great catches for 2 TDs apiece. Tobias Houston and Cory Houston continued to carry the mail for the Bobcats in a big way. Both young runners did extremely well with tough, physical running, always falling forward. The GC defense, started a little slow but then stepped up BIG TIME later in the 2nd quarter. Kendall Dangerfield continues to amaze people not only with his strength but his athletic ability. He moved up and down the line of scrimmage making some big plays to help shut down the Cheatham D. Not to discredit Cheatham County, they ran the ball very well and played very physically as usual. I believe after getting stopped early in the 3rd quarter the Cubs were just demoralized and just sort of quit.

New school record for points scored in a single game. Great job GC. We're going to work over the off week and get ready to go for Spring Hill.