Giles Co. Vs. Cheatham Co.

blockhead

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cheatham county will do just fine. Regions tend to play the same style ball every year. I dont think they lost to more talent. If thats the thinking. I think the style played was a bit confusing to them. Dont be surprised to see CC come out with a diffrent style of football for the region. Maybe even a new atmosphere. I think team support was a bit down. Maybe because of who they were coming to play. But I do hope that also changes. I think by them playing a team in region 4 1A they have an advantage of seeing another side of the coin. Even something they can use to their advantage. Toot toot, watch for the CC train.

I think CC wins this game.

First off let me just say that when these two teams met last year, GC played without the services of All-Stater Sam Edgemon. Now, CC returns alot of good talent (Joey Beech). They always prove to be a very physical, very well-coached, and very tough. But here's the scoop on Giles County: Bo Wallace and his young tandem running backs Tobias Houston and Cory Houston have proven in the past couple games to be wise way beyond their years. Bo Wallace has silenced many critics with his ability to not only rip you through the air but with his feet as well. Cory and Tobias Houston are hard runners who are on a mission to get it done for their team. The GC offensive line has been amazingly effective despite their size. They're not gigantic but they're scrappy and have great form in their blocking. The Defense anchored by Kendall "Mookie" Dangerfield, continues to keep quarterbacks who look to pass moving. Dangerfield continues to utterly dominate offensive fronts with no end in sight. The Harney boys (Darius and Torell) continue to excel at the outside linebacker positions. Darius is only a sophomore but has proven himself a monster of a run stopper.

It ought to be a very physical, hard hitting, intense Region 5 game.

Good luck to both teams.

I would love to hear Big Country's take on this one.

I DON'T PICK CHEATHAM OR SYCAMORE GAMES BECAUSE I CAN'T SHOW ANY BIASED OPINIONS TOWARDS ANYONE BY PICKING THE SUPPOSED "winner & loser" OF EACH GAME!!!!

BUT.............................................................................

For Cheatham Co. to win

The Cubs must find a way to establish a running game which is something that they didn't do in last year's loss to Giles Co. or they didn't do in the first game against Gordonsville. That is it in a nutshell offensively. Defensively the Cubs must be good against the run. Giles loves to run the football and if the Cubs can't stop it then it's going to be a long night.

For Giles Co. to win

The Bobcats must again stop the Cubs running game defensively. Giles has a very fast and athletic defense. Offensively Giles has to run the football. They were able to do this in last year's game and this combined with several key third down conversions is what led the Bobcats to a huge win over the Cubs last season.

BOTH TEAMS HAVE RELATIVELY YOUNG PLAYERS AT QB SO BY RUNNING THE FOOTBALL BOTH WOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE A LOT OF PRESSURE OFF OF THOSE YOUNG MEN. The team that runs the football and stops the run most effectively will win when the final horn sounds on Friday night.

Nice touch. Kirk Herbstreit style.

I DON'T PICK CHEATHAM OR SYCAMORE GAMES BECAUSE I CAN'T SHOW ANY BIASED OPINIONS TOWARDS ANYONE BY PICKING THE SUPPOSED "winner & loser" OF EACH GAME!!!!

BUT.............................................................................

For Cheatham Co. to win

The Cubs must find a way to establish a running game which is something that they didn't do in last year's loss to Giles Co. or they didn't do in the first game against Gordonsville. That is it in a nutshell offensively. Defensively the Cubs must be good against the run. Giles loves to run the football and if the Cubs can't stop it then it's going to be a long night.

For Giles Co. to win

The Bobcats must again stop the Cubs running game defensively. Giles has a very fast and athletic defense. Offensively Giles has to run the football. They were able to do this in last year's game and this combined with several key third down conversions is what led the Bobcats to a huge win over the Cubs last season.

BOTH TEAMS HAVE RELATIVELY YOUNG PLAYERS AT QB SO BY RUNNING THE FOOTBALL BOTH WOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE A LOT OF PRESSURE OFF OF THOSE YOUNG MEN. The team that runs the football and stops the run most effectively will win when the final horn sounds on Friday night.