Pearl Cohn @ Macon Co.

geo1126

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

THE FACT IS...you're full of it. MC only looks at one game at a time. Tonight we play PC, they are a tough team and it doesn't look promising for us. But that doesn't mean they won't give it their all. GO TIGERS!!!

Full of it??? I consider Big C pretty knowledgeable. Will he be 100% ......don't know yet. But I do know, in looking at some post after the Westy game....it appears that MC has problems. Some go beyond the field. Is it anything that cann't be fixed? I don't know yet, but with the schedule they are playing they had better be prepared. I agree with BC , some of these guys are very good.

Your right, play 1 at a time, and never give up........ support your team whether they are 10-0 or 0-10.

OK here is my little blah blah before moving on to the next thread. In my opinion I think you guys did much better than I have saw you play so far. I know, some people will say this is crazy too say this cause of the score. You guys played the entire game tonight you could tell you were kinda down but you didn't give up. The speed is what killed ya they had it boy did they have it. Keep your heads up still early in the season and yes you are going too face alot of good teams on throughout. This game is over and done with so let it go and get ready for next week...

OK here is my little blah blah before moving on to the next thread. In my opinion I think you guys did much better than I have saw you play so far. I know, some people will say this is crazy too say this cause of the score. You guys played the entire game tonight you could tell you were kinda down but you didn't give up. The speed is what killed ya they had it boy did they have it. Keep your heads up still early in the season and yes you are going too face alot of good teams on throughout. This game is over and done with so let it go and get ready for next week...

Well, if anyone thinks peple from Macon County don't support football...you should have seen our stands last night!!

The home stands were full and there were at least 75 of us on PC's side. Everyone knows the only reason we lost the game was those 3 bad calls from the refs.....I guess someone from PC paid them off.....(opps....I turned into a Westmoreland fan there for a minute) (haha)

Gotta keep a sense of humor...

Seriously....I was proud of our team last night....If we had played anywhere near that intense in the first 2 games we'd be 2-1 now......

Take away the 2 scores that were a gift and it was alot closer....they were just SO MUCH bigger and SO MUCH faster than we were....and man they looked confused when LANCE REID went 90 + yards on that kick off...that was worth the price of admission....

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Pearl Cohn won 38-12 over Macon Co. Just from looking at the stats in this morning's Tennessean it appears that the Firebirds passing game was the big difference last night. Covering those receivers with a quarterback like Mason back there running around and making plays with his legs as well as his arm can be a very difficult task for most all defenses in the state (obviously one of the lone exceptions is Maplewood).

Next Week Macon plays Hixson. They are probably going to have their best opportunity at a win in some time in that one. Pearl plays Whites Creek in an old region rivalry from the "Old Region 6-4A Days".

If DeKalb continues to improve, I'd be willing to say they might give Macon a run for the money. Poteete, their QB and #7 are playmakers. They know how to run the pass play and make it work. I think our guys kinda came in last night with Homecoming "hooplah" distracting them and expecting a gimme. We got the win, BUT DeKalb never quit. More games will only give them more determination or wear them down depending on how their record goes. I guess the same could be said for all the teams in the region. I am looking for Greenbrier to be in the playoffs this year but maybe that's wishful thinking. SC is on a roll with no losses, PC lost to Maplewood and WH lost to Alcoa, and we lost to Lipscomb, so the only losses so far are non-region while Macon, DeKalb and Sycamore have already had their first region loss. There's still an awful lot of season to go yet....but it's gonna be a tough region.

Here are pictures of our games with DL and DeKalb if anyone is interested...

http://www.photoshow.com/members/GHSCatFan/all

Well, if anyone thinks peple from Macon County don't support football...you should have seen our stands last night!!

The home stands were full and there were at least 75 of us on PC's side. Everyone knows the only reason we lost the game was those 3 bad calls from the refs.....I guess someone from PC paid them off.....(opps....I turned into a Westmoreland fan there for a minute) (haha)

Gotta keep a sense of humor...

Seriously....I was proud of our team last night....If we had played anywhere near that intense in the first 2 games we'd be 2-1 now......

Take away the 2 scores that were a gift and it was alot closer....they were just SO MUCH bigger and SO MUCH faster than we were....and man they looked confused when LANCE REID went 90 + yards on that kick off...that was worth the price of admission....

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Of the 75 on the PC side, 5 or 6 were female MC students who appeared more like little strumpets than anything else. They heckled the PC players during the game, trying to pass paper messages to them. After being ignored by the PC players they turned their attention to the band. It became so out of control until several PC parents had to literally ask the girls to stop their foolishness and run off the girls or should I say "run off the misfits." It was ridiculous! The misfits came back and continued their heckling like a junkie looking for his next fix. I was embarrassed for the girls and for the MC fans as these students did not represent MC well, especially the poorly clad bleached blonde with the blue and white ribbon in her hair. I hope the students decide to represent their school better and not display such inappropriate behavior as the football season continues. It was a total disgrace!!!!!!!

Of the 75 on the PC side, 5 or 6 were female MC students who appeared more like little strumpets than anything else. They heckled the PC players during the game, trying to pass paper messages to them. After being ignored by the PC players they turned their attention to the band. It became so out of control until several PC parents had to literally ask the girls to stop their foolishness and run off the girls or should I say "run off the misfits." It was ridiculous! The misfits came back and continued their heckling like a junkie looking for his next fix. I was embarrassed for the girls and for the MC fans as these students did not represent MC well, especially the poorly clad bleached blonde with the blue and white ribbon in her hair. I hope the students decide to represent their school better and not display such inappropriate behavior as the football season continues. It was a total disgrace!!!!!!!

That was unfortunate you had to see the classless behavior of a few kids. Most of us have enough integrity to behave and try to make our kids behave. There is always uniformed deputies around the game to take care of the trouble makers and keep the peace.

I would like to point out to you and others that might read this how much affection was shown to your band during the halftime performance. I don't know if you were paying attention or was still focused on a few of our brats but our fans was completely enthralled, as usual, with the great show your children in the band have practiced hard to master. I would hope the adoration and applause shown to your children would somehow make up for the bad behavior of 5 or 6 misbehaving girls. The comparison to a junkie looking for his next fix is rather strong but if that is what you prefer to associate that kind of behavior with then so be it. Those fine deputies I was refer to do not tolerate junkies at all up here in this neck of the woods.

sorry. Just because a couple of our girls were over there up to no good doesnt mean we are all bad. Im sure yall have a couple of no good girls,but u jus have to wipe it off an try to forget about it. Tell your players to focus on the game an not other things. Once again im very sorry! Good luck on yalls season an to the best band in THE STATE