Daniel Boone vs. Greeneville

formerblazer

Yes, I'm telling you that in order to break a 50 yd. run, you have to get away from the defense, which requires your teammates to BLOCK SOMEBODY. Secondly, are you guys reading these posts, or just skimming? I didn't compare SG to Greenville, you guys keep doing that. I simply pointed out that although Boone has had some good backs, their success is partly due to the O-line.

Once again, some of you guys are not reading the posts. What Barb said, I believe, is that you couldn't judge Boone by the SG game, since they beat SG by a similar score last year, with what turned out to be a pretty good team. Is Boone as good as last year? I think probably not. Is Greeneville better than last year? Absolutely better. Greeneville's major improvement seems to be coaching, and the confidence that the new coaching has given them. Last year's team seemed to lack confidence.

Anyway, it should be a good game. If you think 49 - 0 is realistic, though, you haven't researched a lot, IMO. On paper, I give the edge to Greenville, but you guys enjoy your practice game......

Now, now Buc, I'll guarantee you it will be a real game. Head knocking and everything. You coming to the game? I would like to meet you.

Nooney

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is time for conference week. Greeneville will be looking to avenge 2 losses in a row to the TrailBlazers, that sholud be plenty of motivation to lift the Devils past the Blazers. After seeing Boone in the jamboree, I'm just not sure how Boone compares athletically. I know Boone will be hard nosed and won't give up. In East Tennessee that can go along way. I will make a prediction later in the week when I read more about the match up.

To whom was talking about the O-line not making a difference when the running back makes a 50 yard run....you are clueless when it comes to the rules of a lineman. So here, I will make my own list of the O-line rules:

1) If you don't hit somebody, you took the play off.

2) If you aren't hitting somebody when the whistle has blown, you took the play off.

3) If you aren't the first one to jump up and do a "belly thud" with the running back in the end zone, you took the play off.

4) If you aren't dirty on the front side and clean on the back side, you were slacking the entire game.

Now, if you can understand these concepts of what a line man does during the game....you can see that even 50 yards down the field, the line man is keeping somebody off of his running back. Yes, HIS running back. I'm going to assume that you are a male cheerleader or a safety.

I haven't seen either of the teams in action this year, so I can't make a logical pick on who will win. Since I was a Boone boy, I'm going to pick Boone 32 G'ville 14.

To whom was talking about the O-line not making a difference when the running back makes a 50 yard run....you are clueless when it comes to the rules of a lineman. So here, I will make my own list of the O-line rules:

1) If you don't hit somebody, you took the play off.

2) If you aren't hitting somebody when the whistle has blown, you took the play off.

3) If you aren't the first one to jump up and do a "belly thud" with the running back in the end zone, you took the play off.

4) If you aren't dirty on the front side and clean on the back side, you were slacking the entire game.

Now, if you can understand these concepts of what a line man does during the game....you can see that even 50 yards down the field, the line man is keeping somebody off of his running back. Yes, HIS running back. I'm going to assume that you are a male cheerleader or a safety.

I haven't seen either of the teams in action this year, so I can't make a logical pick on who will win. Since I was a Boone boy, I'm going to pick Boone 32 G'ville 14.

From an O line men to another O line men i would have to agree with you 100%. couldn't have said it any better myself. If your running back gets knocked down as an O line men you had better be the first one there to help him up, add that to your list

Boone by at least 17. Greeneville can't come close to matching up to the athleticism of Boone. I expect Boone to be playing back-ups by mid 3rd quarter. Greeneville is terrible.

how do you figure Greeneville is terrible. they were like 36sec away from beating last years KY's 2A champs the school they played scored like an average of 44 points on the other teams. If you ask me i think Boone is in trouble. Its ok tho i hope Boone goes into this game thinking they will have there back ups in by the 3rd. I think the Devils D can pitch a shout out.