Daniel Boone vs. Greeneville

formerblazer

I agree, Greeneville has not proved a thing!

At least Greeneville has attempted some competition early.They beat a much improved Jeff County team who went on to beat MoWest and they lost in the closing seconds to a team that returned 14 seniors and 36 juniors from a state championship team. Coach McCurry let R.C. Reynolds to an undefeated season in NC last year and he has these Devils looking good. What has DB proven by whipping South Greene?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Greeneville has not proved a thing!

Well, they say the proof is in the pudding. I guess we will have to wait until Friday night to see who gets the pudding, but personally I believe Greeneville has already proven a few things. Early yet? Of course, but if anyone knows where a guy can get a wager on H.S. football, please let me know. Because I would bet the farm and the kids that DB won't come close to scoring 30 points Friday night and sooner or later Greeneville's offense will kick in. If its this week, then this game will be a blowout. My prediction: Greeneville 34-9

Since when has Boone been known as athletic, yes they have the reputation to be hard nosed and to play really hard. I'm not sure how long it will be before people begin to give Greeneville some credit. I guess it will just take winning week by week to prove to people that McCurry and the boys are not the same Greene Devils that were seen the past two seasons. But i'm sure that even then some people will not give any credit, they will just say something like, "Well if we would have done this and done that we would have won," DUH! Anybody can second guess after a loss.

Since when has Boone been known as athletic, yes they have the reputation to be hard nosed and to play really hard. I'm not sure how long it will be before people begin to give Greeneville some credit. I guess it will just take winning week by week to prove to people that McCurry and the boys are not the same Greene Devils that were seen the past two seasons. But i'm sure that even then some people will not give any credit, they will just say something like, "Well if we would have done this and done that we would have won," DUH! Anybody can second guess after a loss.

Not sure I get this post.

You've got Greeneville posters on here predicting 30 or 40 point whippings over a team that won the last 2 meetings, but nobody's giving Greeneville any credit? You're talking like you've already won this game, and still complaining about respect?

Greeneville may very well win this game. If so, I certainly won't consider it a shocker or an upset. I know this team is improved from the last 2 years Greene Devil squads, however, you don't know anything about the Trailblazers this year. Neither do we, for that matter. Beating SG doesn't mean we're gonna beat Greeneville. It also doesn't mean we can't. That's why both coaches decided to go ahead and play the game this week, so we can find out.

If Greeneville wins, you will have my respect (you do already), but no, you won't hear Boone whining. Those boys are trained to accept reponsibility and move on.

I'm not saying the Devils have won by any means. I've played enough football to not pull out the "We're gonna win!" The Boone players I respect because of their style of play and their attitude. It's some of the posters on here that confuse me, many do not know football besides what they get by watching their beloved Vols and what the announcers tell them. When I do make a prediction, if I do, it will be an educated decision using football knowledge and awareness of the teams and players playing on Friday night.

"you won't hear Boone whining. Those boys are trained to accept reponsibility and move on."

I agree, I know the players and coaches will not be whining. No matter who wins or loses, there is a game next week. They have to move on.

How has G'ville improved in the last 2 years? I know 2 years ago they had that amazing running back (Gash?) and great line up of linebackers. I guess what I'm trying to say, what have they got to replace him? Or have they just tied up all the loose ends they have had the pass few years and are strong as an overall team?

How has G'ville improved in the last 2 years? I know 2 years ago they had that amazing running back (Gash?) and great line up of linebackers. I guess what I'm trying to say, what have they got to replace him? Or have they just tied up all the loose ends they have had the pass few years and are strong as an overall team?

Tied up the loose ends, Coach McCurry, an Coach Ballard. Thats what replaced gash an the line backers. It will be hard to find a back that can fill Gash's shoes

Greeneville has just started respecting those around them and they have became brothers if one person fails the team fails. The offense is still rusty but once greenway gets his feet planted and his receivers step up the o will be hard to stop. The running back tandem is working great together and i feel as though the defense is one of the top 5 in east tennessee its just hard to stay out on the field with ur offense going 3 and out and be strong but they have held together very well so far and if everyone stays healthy this will be a great season. everyone from greeneville keeps putting up the facts and telling u about the team what has anyone said about boone except that masters ran for 195yds against what is probably the least talented south greene team in the last 10 years

Not sure I get this post.

You've got Greeneville posters on here predicting 30 or 40 point whippings over a team that won the last 2 meetings, but nobody's giving Greeneville any credit? You're talking like you've already won this game, and still complaining about respect?

Greeneville may very well win this game. If so, I certainly won't consider it a shocker or an upset. I know this team is improved from the last 2 years Greene Devil squads, however, you don't know anything about the Trailblazers this year. Neither do we, for that matter. Beating SG doesn't mean we're gonna beat Greeneville. It also doesn't mean we can't. That's why both coaches decided to go ahead and play the game this week, so we can find out.

If Greeneville wins, you will have my respect (you do already), but no, you won't hear Boone whining. Those boys are trained to accept reponsibility and move on.

Now Bucky-baby, I told you Compusatman wasn't from Greeneville so don't try to make us claim that stooge and his "49-7" whippin, Kev-o did predict a 28-0 win but I think he just got a little over-excited. We are all excited about our team this year. After seeing them against Jeff County, I was most impressed with their level of conditioning and discipline. They are in nearly mid-season form already and the defense is as solid as I have seen in several years. Greeneway is managing the no-huddle offense relatively well and they are keeping bonehead penalties to a minimum. If most of these Boone posters are expecting the same old Greeneville..... they are in for a big surprise. Still have to go with my boys in Greene in a close one.

Greeneville has just started respecting those around them and they have became brothers if one person fails the team fails. The offense is still rusty but once greenway gets his feet planted and his receivers step up the o will be hard to stop. The running back tandem is working great together and i feel as though the defense is one of the top 5 in east tennessee its just hard to stay out on the field with ur offense going 3 and out and be strong but they have held together very well so far and if everyone stays healthy this will be a great season. everyone from greeneville keeps putting up the facts and telling u about the team what has anyone said about boone except that masters ran for 195yds against what is probably the least talented south greene team in the last 10 years

The point you seem to keep missing, is that none of your facts mean anything more than a win over South Greene, until the game is played. You have played 2 very good games so far, I agree. But that doesn't spot you any points for this week. When you win Friday, I will be one of the first to agree that you are a better team, I promise. But you guys keep saying that since we only beat SG by 28 pts., then we couldn't possibly be any good, and that may or may not be true, but your assertion at this point is NOT based on any facts. That will come Friday night.

Now Bucky-baby, I told you Compusatman wasn't from Greeneville so don't try to make us claim that stooge and his "49-7" whippin, Kev-o did predict a 28-0 win but I think he just got a little over-excited. We are all excited about our team this year. After seeing them against Jeff County, I was most impressed with their level of conditioning and discipline. They are in nearly mid-season form already and the defense is as solid as I have seen in several years. Greeneway is managing the no-huddle offense relatively well and they are keeping bonehead penalties to a minimum. If most of these Boone posters are expecting the same old Greeneville..... they are in for a big surprise. Still have to go with my boys in Greene in a close one.

Finally, someone I can discuss the game with, rationally.

I know Greeneville has improved greatly. Talent has been there, but the new coach seems to have changed the atitude and the cohesiveness of the team. They once again "expect" to win, and that's the mentality a team has to have.

I would like to enlighten you more about Boone, but I can't. Didn't play week zero, and I didn't travel to South Greene last week. Don't know if they dominated, then cruised, or played hard the whole game. Knowing Coach Jenkins, I'm sure he let up once he thought it was in hand, but so far I haven't seen them in action, yet. I know their style hasn't changed, I just don't know what the skill level is yet. That's why I'm looking forward to tis matchup, to get a gauge of where they stand.