Oneida @ Coalfield

Thanks Kaz, I just like to compare stats and stories, this is the 3rd one I've seen,all three are different. The stats don't really tell the story anyway. Is the Independant Herald online.

I am going to start the official Pujo Cry-o-Meter for every time he whines and cries on here. Expect the meter to top out sometime later today. My forecast is rain of tears up in northeast Tennessee.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, you keep saying that four of Oneida's first downs came by way of penalty. I figure it's silly for us to keep talking about the game, especially on a thread about this week's game, but since you keep bringing it up, I'll be silly too.

There were penalties called on four of Oneida's first downs:

The first came on Oneida's first possession. On third and three, Braxton Hutson was stopped for no gain, but Hampton was called for an incidental face mask, giving Oneida a first down at the 14 yard line.

The second came late in the second quarter. On third and 17, Jonathan Lewallen rushed for 11 yards and Hampton was called for a personal foul late hit, giving Oneida a first down at the 32 yard line.

The third came in the fourth quarter on Oneida's second touchdown drive. On third and four, Torrey Slaven carried for four. He had the first down anyway, but Hampton was called for an incidental face mask, advancing the ball to the 39 yard line.

Four plays later, on fourth and four, Slaven carried the ball for 10 yards, easily picking up the first down by about five yards. Hampton was called for an incidental face mask, advancing the ball to the 18 yard line.

So, Oneida had two first downs by way of penalties. One of those came on a drive that ended with a fumble inside Oneida's 20 yard line (so it actually benefited Hampton since Oneida would have punted on fourth down if not for the penalty) and the other came on a drive that ended with a missed field goal at the end of the half. You say "What would Oneida's stats have looked like" without the so-called 4 extra possessions. On the first 1st down by way of penalty, Oneida wound up with an additional three yards before turning the ball over. On the second 1st down by way of penalty, Oneida wound up with an additional 12 yards before missing a field goal. So, if not for the two penalties, Oneida would've had 15 fewer yards and would not have had the game's only turnover.

I am going to start the official Pujo Cry-o-Meter for every time he whines and cries on here. Expect the meter to top out sometime later today. My forecast is rain of tears up in northeast Tennessee.

Heck 'I'm happy, we played through alot of unfortunate things and still came out with the win.

Pujo....what you just read was NOT the watered down version, it is factual truth. WW is held to the basis of fact, it just happens to be part of his job description. I, by witnessing the game firsthand, can state, unequivically, that at any point in the ballgame that the officiating had influenced the outcome of the game. I didn't see any enraged hooligans, led by some cowboy with a cap baring the letter A on it, chase after the officiating crew with pitchforks and slingblades. Hampton's Coaches lauded the Oneida players for their effort and Oneida's Coaches did the same. Man, if they only made a Chill Pill in the extra large version we wouldn't still be having this conversation! Can you ride outta Dodge content that your boys "robbed the bank" and got away clean. You still have that unblemished record.......Oneida is NOT your next opponent! Capise!

Kazito

It appears we have disregarded the thread. Heck, Pujo even hollered hat CY on another thread. That boy is definite headed for Springer in the future. I'm curious which monster back outta Coalfield has the best chance of dupicating Davis's feats? I fully expect the YJ's to have a quality back, it would just surprise me if any of them are of the caliber of Mr. Davis. It (the game) is going to be quite a show. Wright will figure out how to get the boys in the house, while I'd expect that D to remain tough for the time being. Was anyone else surprised at the amount of progress the linemen have displayed at this point? They are doing a good job.

Kaz

It appears we have disregarded the thread. Heck, Pujo even hollered hat CY on another thread. That boy is definite headed for Springer in the future. I'm curious which monster back outta Coalfield has the best chance of dupicating Davis's feats? I fully expect the YJ's to have a quality back, it would just surprise me if any of them are of the caliber of Mr. Davis. It (the game) is going to be quite a show. Wright will figure out how to get the boys in the house, while I'd expect that D to remain tough for the time being. Was anyone else surprised at the amount of progress the linemen have displayed at this point? They are doing a good job.

Kaz

The linemen have done well for all four quarters in both games. No drop in effort. I'm really impressed with the pass blocking on average. Not as easy as it looks. Glad to see the offense getting back on the war path. Too few tomahawks last few years.

Oh im breaking the silence here in Jacket town .... Just to answer a question here...No we do not have a back this season that is as good as BD however we do have 4 different backs that carry the ball very well, we have two that are power backs, 1 that has speed with the power & another that is all speed ...

You know I was reading some post here & I thought I was in the Hampton vs Oneida topic, I had to go back & look to make sure I was in the right place.

Oh im breaking the silence here in Jacket town .... Just to answer a question here...No we do not have a back this season that is as good as BD however we do have 4 different backs that carry the ball very well, we have two that are power backs, 1 that has speed with the power & another that is all speed ...

You know I was reading some post here & I thought I was in the Hampton vs Oneida topic, I had to go back & look to make sure I was in the right place.

Shuuuuuuuuuush psych them.