Gallatin?

Whocares08

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin has a good chance this year.The 43 seinors dont mean a thing to them.

I believe Gallatin does have a good chance to have a good season this year. However, they have to work hard to correct the problem that were glaring in the Lebanon game! The O line must play with and attitude and stay with their blocks, the D line must get mean and the LB's have to become more aggressive. Overall tackling has to improve!

The thing everyone must remember is that these kids have stood on the sidelines for two years now. Only a few have minimal game experience and one or two are veterans. The fans have to be patient and allow these boys to develope. This team will get better and be a pretty good team.

Two big plays was the difference even as poorly as GHS played at times, so don't give up on these kids..

Go Wave!!

I believe your wrong gallatin does have a good chance for a good season. every team has to work hard that is football. and the kids might of stood on the side line but that would just make them more and more ready to play.

You need to read my post again. I said they do have a good chance to have a good season. Explain to me how kids standing on the sideline makes them ready to play?

I too think gallatin is going to have a good year.Especially after friday nights loss. But now that they have a game under their belts and see what the game speed is like, they will have a much better game friday. There are alot of people saying that their season is down the drain now and they aren't going to do any better than last week. It's not their fault, they did the best they could for it being the first game. How many of them got quality playing time last year? The coach should have done more to prepare for this. Yea they need to wrap up and quit getting beat, but it will all come this week. Prepare to see a new and improved team tomorrow night.

Yuck. What a terrible season starter. Nonetheless, I feel like we will bounce back as well. And what better (or worse team I should say) to do it against... Agreed GWave, Boo is doing way too much. If you ask me, the fact that he was back returning kicks is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Well, not the dumbest. I think with some of the decisions made on the sidelines, you can't really compare how ridiculous things are. And if Lassiter doesn't start getting the plays into the huddle quicker, I'm going to start throwing objects at him. No joke. At one point on friday night, it looked like Boo was literally jumping up and down-yelling at him to give him a play. That is unexcusable. I actually talked to a couple of the boys on the team earlier this week... And I didn't know this, but apparently Lytle (forgive the spelling) was calling some of the plays in the preseason scrimmages. Note: I don't think we even came close to losing a scrimmage. Now granted those are scrimmages... But evidently, Lytle has no say so whatsoever on the calling of plays in a real game. I'm not suggesting anything in particular, but it is interesting... To further comment on Gtowner's post... Toss sweep out of shotgun on 3rd and really long... Why? And why run it again, and again, and again? I mean, I guess I should be thankful that Lassiter's crappy go-to play wasn't a hb delay up the gut on 3rd and long as it normally is. I realize that I'm the heckler from the stands that will never be happy with the coaching decisions at hand. But come on people. I don't think there is a person inside the Gallatin city limits that didn't want this guy gone after that mess against Ravenwood last year. Just because it's a new season with new kids playing doesn't make me any less angry. This is football. The object of the game is to WIN. PERIOD. By all rights, we should be in the likeness of a team similar to Smyrna. Gallatin is just one of those towns that will ALWAYS have incredible talent. When you have receivers like Marco Wright, Obrien, and number 17 (sorry, I don't remember the name)... There is NO reason why the ball shouldn't be in the air THROUGHOUT the game. Not just at the end. I know I sound like a broken record, but I just keep thinking of more things that were so incredibly discouraging. Posters, we were down going into the half, and with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, we lined up in the goal line smokestack I formation on our own 25. Don't get it twisted, I love the formation... But once again, WHY? The player development is nowhere near where it should be. I am so tired of this stuff. And I know there are some do-gooders on here that will scold me for my comments, but people... This kind of football isn't good for the fans, the players, or the community. People have been complaining about this guy for years. I'm positive I'm not alone with these thoughts. I love Gallatin football. I really do. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week. And I don't ever remember a time when I missed a game simply because I wanted to... But if things don't change in the next couple of weeks then there will be one less seat filled at the yard. I apologize to anyone I've offended.... And if there are players reading this, keep your head up. You guys have just as much chance as any other Gallatin team I've seen. I'm just sorry that your leader and mentor is a poor excuse for a coach. Good Luck Wave. Go beat them 'Toppers.

SQOUSH,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DO ME A FEW FAVORS FIRST-

1- MAKE SURE YOU SEND COACHT A CHRISTMAS CARD THANKING HIM FOR GIVING LOWLIFES LIKE YOURSELF A PLACE TO BE HEARD (BESIDES THE BLEACHERS). I AM SURE YOU WERE A GREAT FORMER WAVE PLAYER, AND IT MUST PAIN YOU TO SEE THAT GALLATIN IS NOT WINNING STATE TITLES LIKE YOU USED TO OR STILL COULD

2 - HAVE SOME BACKBONE AND STAND BY WHAT YOU SAY- DONT APOLOGIZE. IF YOU RIP ONE PART OF A TEAM, YOU RIP THEM ALL.

3- GO BACK TO SCHOOL AT ONE OF THE LOCAL COLLEGES AND ENROLL IN THE CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM. GET YOUR TEACHING LICENSE, AND COME WORK HERE AT GALLATIN. YOU COULD START OUT AS AN ASSISTANT, AND WITH THE SAME APPROACH YOU HAVE NOW, YOU COULD EVENTUALLY BACKSTAB AND BULLS*%# YOUR WAY TO THE TOP JOB. YOU CAN COME AND SPEND 40 EXTRA HOURS A WEEK AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY TO TEACH KIDS WHO ARE 70-75 PERCENT UNGRATEFUL, LAZY, AND DISRESPECTFUL. PLUS YOU WILL GET PAID HANDSOMELY FOR IT.....

4 - INSTEAD OF THROWING OBJECTS AT COACHES, WRITE DOWN YOUR PLAY CALLS ON PAPER. MAKE AN AIRPLANE OUT OF IT, AND FLING IT TO THE SIDELINE. SOMEONE WILL SURELY SEE IT AND GIVE IT TO THE COACHES

5- AND IF BY SOME CHANCE YOU ARE A GREAT COACH YOURSELF, WHY NOT COME FIX THE SITUATION YOURSELF? YOU COULD RALLY THESE PLAYERS YOU TALK TO AND HAVE THEM SIGN A PETITION FOR REMOVING THE COACHES. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE OTHER STUFF YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION LIKE HOW PLAYERS ARE TREATED, THE LACK OF FACILITIES, INADEQUATE PRACTICE TIME, THE POOR DISCIPLINE OF THE PLAYERS, AND THE OVERALL TARNISHING OF THE "G". PLEASE INCLUDE A SCRAPBBOK OR COLLECTION OF YOUR FOOTBALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS INCLUDING GAMES PLAYED, POSITIONS, STATS, AWARDS, RECORDS, AND OF COURSE, PICTURES. (YES, JUNIOR HIGH AND YOUTH FOOTBALL INCLUDED).

SQOUSH,

1- MAKE SURE YOU SEND COACHT A CHRISTMAS CARD THANKING HIM FOR GIVING LOWLIFES LIKE YOURSELF A PLACE TO BE HEARD (BESIDES THE BLEACHERS). I AM SURE YOU WERE A GREAT FORMER WAVE PLAYER, AND IT MUST PAIN YOU TO SEE THAT GALLATIN IS NOT WINNING STATE TITLES LIKE YOU USED TO OR STILL COULD

2 - HAVE SOME BACKBONE AND STAND BY WHAT YOU SAY- DONT APOLOGIZE. IF YOU RIP ONE PART OF A TEAM, YOU RIP THEM ALL.

3- GO BACK TO SCHOOL AT ONE OF THE LOCAL COLLEGES AND ENROLL IN THE CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM. GET YOUR TEACHING LICENSE, AND COME WORK HERE AT GALLATIN. YOU COULD START OUT AS AN ASSISTANT, AND WITH THE SAME APPROACH YOU HAVE NOW, YOU COULD EVENTUALLY BACKSTAB AND BULLS*%# YOUR WAY TO THE TOP JOB. YOU CAN COME AND SPEND 40 EXTRA HOURS A WEEK AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY TO TEACH KIDS WHO ARE 70-75 PERCENT UNGRATEFUL, LAZY, AND DISRESPECTFUL. PLUS YOU WILL GET PAID HANDSOMELY FOR IT.....

4 - INSTEAD OF THROWING OBJECTS AT COACHES, WRITE DOWN YOUR PLAY CALLS ON PAPER. MAKE AN AIRPLANE OUT OF IT, AND FLING IT TO THE SIDELINE. SOMEONE WILL SURELY SEE IT AND GIVE IT TO THE COACHES

5- AND IF BY SOME CHANCE YOU ARE A GREAT COACH YOURSELF, WHY NOT COME FIX THE SITUATION YOURSELF? YOU COULD RALLY THESE PLAYERS YOU TALK TO AND HAVE THEM SIGN A PETITION FOR REMOVING THE COACHES. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL OF THE OTHER STUFF YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION LIKE HOW PLAYERS ARE TREATED, THE LACK OF FACILITIES, INADEQUATE PRACTICE TIME, THE POOR DISCIPLINE OF THE PLAYERS, AND THE OVERALL TARNISHING OF THE "G". PLEASE INCLUDE A SCRAPBBOK OR COLLECTION OF YOUR FOOTBALL ACCOMPLISHMENTS INCLUDING GAMES PLAYED, POSITIONS, STATS, AWARDS, RECORDS, AND OF COURSE, PICTURES. (YES, JUNIOR HIGH AND YOUTH FOOTBALL INCLUDED).

The 'caps' lock button is on the left side of your keyboard and we ALL heard your screaming.

I for one see Gallatin making the playoffs and doing well this season. Getting beat by Lebanon is no shame as they stand a very good chance of actually winning Region 4 this year. I truly hope NOT, but it could happen.

I will agree that Coach Lytle is very good, but he came from R'dale and that is to be expected. LOL BTW he IS missed at R'dale by some of us that knew him and liked him.

I don't think Gallatin will be as good this year as they were lasat year.I am not trying to be mean or anything ,but when you lose that big of a number there's no way this years players will be able to step up because most of them didnt play much last year.But anyways good luck wave I hope yall can step up.

SQOUSH,

So what's worse Redman? Stating an obvious truth in the lack of skill at the head coaching position (an adult, that is capable of taking criticism). Or saying that the kids on the team are ungrateful, lazy and disrespectful? Furthermore, perhaps I will draw up some plays and "fly" them out on the field. Better yet, how bout I just go break into a huddle and draw some stuff in the dirt? Also... Lack of facilities? Give me a break. Before the first music city bowl, Alabama and Virginia Tech were practicing in our INDOOR FIELDHOUSE. Yeah, because every high school team around here has that. As well as the pile of money Gallatin has in the quarterback club. You speak of the poor discipline of the players? Isn't that a coach's ultimate job? Redman, you are one of those people that takes offense to everything, and it disgusts me. And since we're on the topic of suggesting things to improve fellow posters lives.... It would probably best if you just dropped this one, lest you look like a fool. Which you have clearly already accomplished. Instead of taking offense to this stuff, you would have been better suited to defend Lassiter and the obvious truths I stated about him. What? Nothing to say about that huh? So there is a reason we didn't attempt a pass until very late in the 4th quarter against Ravenwood down by 14 points? There is a reason that there is no such thing as a 2 minute offense at Gallatin. That, my friend, is not putting down and ENTIRE team. It is simply questioning the coach of it.

SQOUSH,

Now that you have had time to cool off after bashing your keyboard with all those caps, I will make my reply.

First of all, it is absurd that you would post explitives on a (in caps so you can understand) HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS message board. Oh and way to degrade that players by calling them undisciplned. I hope you feel like a big boy.

Secondly, any blind bafoon could see that the play calling at Gallatin has been suspect for quite a while now under the direction of Coach Lassiter. I have said it a thousand times... Lassiter is the best preperation coach in the state, but when it comes to in game decisions...We'll run a sweep on 3rd and a mile or We're not gonna throw untill we've already lost the game.