Covington vs Crockett Co.

CHSballer#16

Covington has faced two of the toughest teams in the area in weeks 1 and 2 and now they start district and region play. They have been killed by the big play but it is to be expected when you play team 2 classes higher than you. White station was good but i think Tuepolo is the best team around. Covington plays crockett this week and i look for them to come out ready to fight this game out and of course crockett will be lookin for revenge from lasts year playoff loss to covington. Who do yall thinks wins this game and why???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crockett in a nail biter! covington is not playing their style of football. i saw covington play in their season opener, and the new coach needs to list his house already if thts the type of football he wants to play in covington..... covington is use to winning or loosing close not by 30 points or more. compatition may have been top notch but covington is always top notch, wish yall had murphee back now, good luck chargers but be ready for a long season!!!!

crockett in a nail biter! covingtong is not playing their style of football. i saw covington play in their season opener, and the new coach needs to list his house already if thts the type of football he wants to play in covington..... covington is use to winning or loosing close not by 30 points or more. compatition may have been top notch but covington is always top notch, wish yall had murphee back now, good luck chargers but be ready for a long season!!!!

Chargers by two scores , Cav"s lost 19 to graduation,not near as good as last years team. Good luck to both teams . Untill we meet again.

I can't tell you who will win. I can tell you something about the Chargers and our team, though.

Thomas Hall at QB is the key for us. He can run and pass, and is the best athlete on the squad, which is no secret to anybody who has seen our team play. We need to use him less, because special teams and defense are wearing him out, especially in these early season games in the heat.

I heard that Crockett has lost lots of players to graduation and injury, but I have to give them the edge in coaching, since BA Pratt has been there and done well, while Coach Beaubein is still putting in his new system at Covington. I will say that there was vast improvement in execution on both sides of the ball for the Chargers in the second game, versus the first. If the Chargers make that much improvement again this week, then there is hope for us.

Covington still has a good run defense, but has been overpowered by superior talent by both White Station (#4 in 5A in TN) and by Tupelo (#8 in 5A in MS). Their passing attacks also worked well against our defensive backs, and we could not pressure either QB because their O-lines were too strong. Tupleo had about 80 of the best looking athletes I have seen on one high school team, and that includes Christian Bros, who used to pound Covington when we played them. I've see college teams with less talent.

Whoever set up this schedule did not do Coach Beaubien any favors. It is hard to gauge your team, or to develop your system when you experience two straight trips to the woodshed.

As I told my relatives from Alamo, come over and let's play and see what happens. The winner is in competition in Region 7-3A, while the loser drops back into the pack and will have a harder time making a run at the title.

Let me tell ya if crockett can stop all there mistakes and hitting there selfs in the mouth they should win this game...i was impressed by crocketts D but yet unimpressed same for the O ...if crockett will limit there mistakes (which im sure theyll be like a hole new team after pratt gets a hold of them this week) i think they will suprise people.......but after watching them against humboldt they do have talent and are a very decent team!!!! I see them getting in gear this week after bein woke up by humboldt and playin like a another team from here on out!!!