Covington vs Crockett Co.

CHSballer#16

crockett wins due to coaching!!!!!! when you take a covington team who lived by the run and try to throw alot your asking for trouble. just look at the last 2 games. if P.A Pratt can make covington throw the cavs win big!!!!

Good luck to both teams!! Ready for the game!!! Gotta question when coming from ripley on highway( i went blank) after u come in to covington i know u take a left at a red light but which one is it wats the street name or sumthin???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to both teams!! Ready for the game!!! Gotta question when coming from ripley on highway( i went blank) after u come in to covington i know u take a left at a red light but which one is it wats the street name or sumthin???

To Covington High - from Hwy 51, turn left on Church Street (beside Glass Tire Co.) and go to College. Turn right on College Street and it will take you right to the high school.

See you there!

Covington by two touchdowns

Even with flawed system- Covington still has too much speed for CC this yr

Also heard the new guy said he could easily stop a wing-t team so if true will shut down Crockett easily

Make it 34-7 covington

Daaannnng lil smack tlkin goin on..thats wat im tlkin about..wat i wanted make the game more interesting tommorow!!! Shuttin crockett down(easily at that!!)?? I dunno bout that i dare say crockett by two!!!!!!

Neither team will win by two, and if one does it will come as a wake up call for the rest of the region. A region that should be dominated by my Dyersburg boys if the can get by Haywood.

These two teams are very close to being evenly matched. The new coach at Covington has been put in some ugly situations with the first two games and if you really wanna gauge his preformance for your team. I think this will be the week to do it.....If you put a very average Crockett team up against the same compitetion at Covington in weeks 0 and week 1, you probably get some of the same out comes...I do beleive that this will be a great rebound week for Covington. I'm guessing it is their home opener. They will be fired up and ready to get their first win in a very important early region game. Crockett will also be looking for a rebound after losing to Humboldt though and it makes for a good game when two teams come out eager for a big win......I just don't think that Crockett will be able to run with Covington and I think Covington wil take it late in the game

Covington 28

Crockett 21

Neither team will win by two, and if one does it will come as a wake up call for the rest of the region. A region that should be dominated by my Dyersburg boys if the can get by Haywood.

These two teams are very close to being evenly matched. The new coach at Covington has been put in some ugly situations with the first two games and if you really wanna gauge his preformance for your team. I think this will be the week to do it.....If you put a very average Crockett team up against the same compitetion at Covington in weeks 0 and week 1, you probably get some of the same out comes...I do beleive that this will be a great rebound week for Covington. I'm guessing it is their home opener. They will be fired up and ready to get their first win in a very important early region game. Crockett will also be looking for a rebound after losing to Humboldt though and it makes for a good game when two teams come out eager for a big win......I just don't think that Crockett will be able to run with Covington and I think Covington wil take it late in the game

Covington 28

Crockett 21

yeaa i honestly dont see either team winnin by two i was jus messin think its gonna be a hard fought close game!!

I honestly have no clue who will win. It is pretty hard for me to assess my team, because the first two opponents were so much better than we were. My hope is that Crockett is closer to our talent level than the two 5-A teams who are ranked very high in their respective states.

I always tell folks who want to know how good my team is (either hs or college) that I will let them know after 3 games. Well, this is game 3, so here's where I find out what the Chargers will be in 2007.

Good luck to the Cavaliers and to the Chargers. Let's get it on and may the best team win. I do hope that we have a clean game with no injuries.

Covington by two touchdowns

Even with flawed system- Covington still has too much speed for CC this yr

Also heard the new guy said he could easily stop a wing-t team so if true will shut down Crockett easily

Make it 28-7 covington

The Covington coach--or any other head coach--is a fool to make such a statement (if, indeed, he did say that--of which I have some doubt). He will get several chances to stop Wing T offenses this year--Crockett County on Friday, Dyersburg later in the year, and Ripley and Haywood which run offenses which have some Wing T series.

Can anyone say, "Bulletin Board Material!"?

The Covington coach--or any other head coach--is a fool to make such a statement (if, indeed, he did say that--of which I have some doubt). He will get several chances to stop Wing T offenses this year--Crockett County on Friday, Dyersburg later in the year, and Ripley and Haywood which run offenses which have some Wing T series.

Can anyone say, "Bulletin Board Material!"?

Augielio - I would agree that doesn't sound like what I'd expect a coach to say, and even if he did, a fan of the team should never repeat it on the internet. You and I have met so we know something about each other, but I have no idea who the person is who posted that. Is he a Charger fan, or a fan from another school? Who knows?

Covington rode the wing-T to a lot of success over a number of years, so I'd agree that it is definitely not that easy to stop, especially if you have good team speed on the offensive side of the ball.