Covington vs Crockett Co.

CHSballer#16

I honestly have no clue who will win. It is pretty hard for me to assess my team, because the first two opponents were so much better than we were. My hope is that Crockett is closer to our talent level than the two 5-A teams who are ranked very high in their respective states.

I always tell folks who want to know how good my team is (either hs or college) that I will let them know after 3 games. Well, this is game 3, so here's where I find out what the Chargers will be in 2007.

Good luck to the Cavaliers and to the Chargers. Let's get it on and may the best team win. I do hope that we have a clean game with no injuries.

Yeaaa i hope its a clean game to.......good luck both teams!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope to see the Chargers look more disciplined on and off the field. Just not ready to see a Covington team with helments off, shirts out, etc. It has been a long time since I saw so many Covington players on the sidelines with cramps, etc. That being said, the number of offensive sets that the Chargers ran in the first half against Tupelo was amazing. I agree with Charger Fan--That quarterback and receiver for Tupelo was the best I have watched come into the West TN Area.

The final score Covington 7 - Crockett County 6.

The game started fast for Crockett as their RB carried around left end for about 60 yards on the first play from scrimmage, to the Charger 1 yard line. next play - Crockett TD, the extra point line drive kick was blocked by the Charger line.

The teams traded fumbles and other slips and errors until halftime, with the score remaining 6-0. In the 3rd quarter, Crockett had a punt go about 9 yards, setting up covington at the 37 yard line going in. Behind backup QB Dyson, the Chargers drove in for the score and the extra point made it 7-6.

Defense took over for both teams, then with over 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, Covington took over about mid-field after a 4th down conversion by Crockett failed. Using several nifty runs by QB Thomas Hall, the Chargers were able to run out the clock. They were at the 7 yard line and took a knee to end the game.

Both teams looked terrible on offense, but I have not been able to judge whether the wet field was the sole cause, or the defenses were great, or the offensive teams were just not very good. We will see how each team does as the season goes on, I guess.

Good luck to our neighbors from Crockett in the rest of their games.