Elizabethton at Johnson County

longhorn42182

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Johnson Co. 31-0. Elizabethton hasn't had a physical team since J.W. was on the squad. S.W. was never physical when he played so it will be hard to teach his boys something he could never duplicate himself. Johnson Co. BIG over Elizabethton.

Are you kidding yourself? S. Witten didnt have to be to physical cause no one could touch him if I recall!

But when it came down to it he could light you up! Maybe one of the best high school players to play in this area!

People act like Elizabethton has never played and won before. It wasnt long ago they were at the top of the ladder and teams were trying to get to them! Now we have had a slump for some years and people think we dont have a team anymore, come Friday people will see a great game between two good teams! Both have just lost to there rivals and will be fired up, Just let them tee it up and kickoff and see who wants it more. No matter what we say on this board will help either team win it only can dishearten a kid trying his best and you all call out there number to make them look bad.THATS NOT YOUR JOB ITS THE COACHES JOB!! So good luck to both teams and may the best team find there first conference victory!

I agree, he was fast, but not tough. The team he has now has no Witten or Byrd like speed and they are soft. Johnson Co. should have a field day running through EHS's backfield making tackles at will and completely controlling the line of scrimmage. The small schools of Carter Co. and this area have risen to the top. The big city has taken a back seat for several years now. I look for that to continue.

Small schools have risen to the top??? Elizabethton beat Happy Valley so that is a small school. They do not play the other 3. Hampton is a good 1a football team. In 2a they would get steamrolled by Alcoa. Some people on here think Hampton could beat Riverdale, Maryville and Oak Ridge.

i completly agree hampton is good for this area but like you said alcoa would be done with them by halftime. Witten has the energy to get betsy back to the top of this area but as far as getting past knoxville that would take more then a decade.

i completly agree hampton is good for this area but like you said alcoa would be done with them by halftime. Witten has the energy to get betsy back to the top of this area but as far as getting past knoxville that would take more then a decade.

Get, Having a son in his last year and struggling so.......... now you know where I was last year but with no leadership at the helm. At least this season some teaching has begun and a new 'mind-set' is being put in place in the Cyclone camp. All joking aside, I appreciate our past and wish you well with your son. Good luck!

Regards

GO CYCLONES!

I think the last time Hampton and Alcoa played Hampton won. could be wrong, I think 1996.

Alcoa would be done with the dogs by halftime but I bet elizabethton wouldn't get out of the first quarter.

Small schools have risen to the top??? Elizabethton beat Happy Valley so that is a small school. They do not play the other 3. Hampton is a good 1a football team. In 2a they would get steamrolled by Alcoa. Some people on here think Hampton could beat Riverdale, Maryville and Oak Ridge.

Congratulations on beating the worst team in Carter county.

Get, Having a son in his last year and struggling so.......... now you know where I was last year but with no leadership at the helm. At least this season some teaching has begun and a new 'mind-set' is being put in place in the Cyclone camp. All joking aside, I appreciate our past and wish you well with your son. Good luck!

Regards

GO CYCLONES!

Hey Glee and All!

I'm back and PUMPED!

First...The Johnson County/Hampton game was one of the sloppiest games I've seen. I know it's early, but too many fumbles and missed tackles & blocks (H-#77). Both teams will have to clean up their game if they expect to compete.

Second...Elizabethton without a doubt will beat Johnson County. Although a little short on experience, Coach Whitten will have his team playing with pride and determination behind the likes of the quarterback Anderson and Ellis on the line. Elizabethton also has talented players in many other positions. Johnson County is simply to short on skilled positions to seriously compete with E. Good luck to both teams!

That's all for now.

See ya in the funny papers!

The main problem with elizabethton is that they have too many players in the wrong places. For example #40 who only plays nose guard on defense is an outstanding full back, he proved that his freshman and sophmore year not to mention that he is at least 4 times the size of the sophmore kid they got playing fullback now who looks completely lost on the field. Another example is at the tailback position. Sure, carr is a good little back but what happened to #20 who was the starting tailback last year, sure he is a couple .10ths of a second slower than carr but he moves better latterally and has better feild vision and is three times the size of carr. And the only place he plays is MLB on defense. If elizabethton had more of their players in order they would be hard to handle.