Elizabethton at Johnson County

longhorn42182

Get, Having a son in his last year and struggling so.......... now you know where I was last year but with no leadership at the helm. At least this season some teaching has begun and a new 'mind-set' is being put in place in the Cyclone camp. All joking aside, I appreciate our past and wish you well with your son. Good luck!

Regards

GO CYCLONES!

i do appreciate your new positive attitude, but to be honest with you, you have me mistaken with someone else. I don't have a kid on the team i am just friends with one of the players on the team. I do agree with you though the coaching last year was terrible. But good luck to you and your son as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last time Hampton and Alcoa played Hampton won. could be wrong, I think 1996.

Alcoa would be done with the dogs by halftime but I bet elizabethton wouldn't get out of the first quarter.

True i agree betsy would get drilled by alcoa in the first two minutes. The only reason hampton is so much better then betsy now is their players have the system down and they have worked in the weight room. Give Witten a couple years and those tables will be turned big time just because of the amount of talent he will have to work with. Yeah for now Hampton would beat them. That Roupe kid is the most overrated player i think i have ever seen. If people would actually watch him they would see he is size and nothing else.

The main problem with elizabethton is that they have too many players in the wrong places. For example #40 who only plays nose guard on defense is an outstanding full back, he proved that his freshman and sophmore year not to mention that he is at least 4 times the size of the sophmore kid they got playing fullback now who looks completely lost on the field. Another example is at the tailback position. Sure, carr is a good little back but what happened to #20 who was the starting tailback last year, sure he is a couple .10ths of a second slower than carr but he moves better latterally and has better feild vision and is three times the size of carr. And the only place he plays is MLB on defense. If elizabethton had more of their players in order they would be hard to handle.

dont hate on Carr you know hes better

True i agree betsy would get drilled by alcoa in the first two minutes. The only reason hampton is so much better then betsy now is their players have the system down and they have worked in the weight room. Give Witten a couple years and those tables will be turned big time just because of the amount of talent he will have to work with. Yeah for now Hampton would beat them. That Roupe kid is the most overrated player i think i have ever seen. If people would actually watch him they would see he is size and nothing else.

I have to disagree, just because witten was an outstanding football player, doesnt make him a good coach. Sure he knows a thing or two about football, but he is showing some of the same downfalls as the coaches last year as in not knowing who? to put where? but who knows, only time will tell! Hopefully he can do something with the program.

i do appreciate your new positive attitude, but to be honest with you, you have me mistaken with someone else. I don't have a kid on the team i am just friends with one of the players on the team. I do agree with you though the coaching last year was terrible. But good luck to you and your son as well.

Maybe you misunderstand. No new attitude, just noone on the sidelines that needs criticism. I tried talking to the former coach over the last previous years but his ears weren't open. I took my 'scratch' here and on the street. The coach now is on the ball and will lead the team. No whinning around just hard nosed football with some smarts. Like I said, no new attitude but I respect people who know what they are doing and who have open 'ears'. Take care of your kid, trainer.

GO CYCONES!

"CLEAR THE HILL"

Everyone talks about Hampton like there so special and Elizabethton is terrible!

Lets see Hampton is the largest 1A school in the state and plays 1A, Elizabethton is a small 3A school that plays up in 4A and plays two 5A schools to boot! So if Hampton is so good just step up and play 2A and see just how good they really are !!!!!!!!

Everyone talks about Hampton like there so special and Elizabethton is terrible!

Lets see Hampton is the largest 1A school in the state and plays 1A, Elizabethton is a small 3A school that plays up in 4A and plays two 5A schools to boot! So if Hampton is so good just step up and play 2A and see just how good they really are !!!!!!!!

They would still win quite a bit, I'm afraid, so your point doesn't mean much.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you misunderstand. No new attitude, just noone on the sidelines that needs criticism. I tried talking to the former coach over the last previous years but his ears weren't open. I took my 'scratch' here and on the street. The coach now is on the ball and will lead the team. No whinning around just hard nosed football with some smarts. Like I said, no new attitude but I respect people who know what they are doing and who have open 'ears'. Take care of your kid, trainer.

GO CYCONES!

"CLEAR THE HILL"

There you go much better guess. good luck

sorry just because he is fast doesnt mean he is better, there is more to football then speed! Sure it helps, but thats not all that matters!

Totally agree. Speed definetly helps but if you can't read blocks you will only get somewhere against HV. They have to find a back that will pound it up the middle, even if the middle is only open half of the time.