Elizabethton at Johnson County

longhorn42182

Everyone talks about Hampton like there so special and Elizabethton is terrible!

Lets see Hampton is the largest 1A school in the state and plays 1A, Elizabethton is a small 3A school that plays up in 4A and plays two 5A schools to boot! So if Hampton is so good just step up and play 2A and see just how good they really are !!!!!!!!

Who really cares if Hampton could beat Elizabethton. Does it really matter???? I think let Hampton worry about Hampton and let the orange and black start doing their talking on the field!!!!! Go Cyclones.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone talks about Hampton like there so special and Elizabethton is terrible!

Lets see Hampton is the largest 1A school in the state and plays 1A, Elizabethton is a small 3A school that plays up in 4A and plays two 5A schools to boot! So if Hampton is so good just step up and play 2A and see just how good they really are !!!!!!!!

Hampton has played in 2-A and made the quarterfinals and should have won the state at one time. If I'm not mistaken, Hampton and Cloudland were both powerhouses that year. Its just strange that the higher powers in Elizabethton couldn't schedule Hampton or Cloudland during that time because it would have drawn a huge gate. My opinion is there is not enough money to account for the pride that would be lost in Elizabethton's defeat, and yes the Cyclones would have lost those games. The higher powers at Elizabethton know this and its their worst fear. Its easier to lose to Science Hill and DB, but you would never hear the end of it if you lost to Hampton or Cloudland. With HV, its like you are playing your little brother, because the schools are very similar. I get it. We are just little mountain people and our programs are not worthy to be on the same field that a pro-bowler played on. O.k.

BIG PLAY, BIG PLAY, BIG PLAY. Thats what its going 2 come down 2. But not really who makes the big play, Its going 2 be who stops it.

Elizabethton needs the O-line to block somebody tonight. I think the defense can make the adjustments to stop JC offense. My only question is like i just said Betsy's O-Line if they fire off the line and hit somebody and open some holes for the running game Betsy wins by 3-10 points, If not they Loose by at least 2 TD.

gah i hate going to jc they have no place to sit, we cant even take our band up there only a pep band can go...

Good luck to both teams. This is an important game in terms of establishing a pecking order.

Agreed 100%. I am just glad it is finally time to see some football again. I have to admit that the week 0 game is not a favorite of mine especially backed up with a bye week. It is amazing how things change in just a few years. Last year JC beat Besty for the first time since the 50's I believe. They didnt play for a long time in there but that is a 50 year drought. Now, they are talked about on fairly even footing. Still seems odd. This game and the East/TN High game will both make big statements about where everyone stacks up in the MLC. My prediction is JC-28 Besty 14. All you Besty fans be careful coming around Watauga Lake and it should be a great night for football up here on the Mountain.

I think it is clear now who is the best team in Carter Co. with no questions asked. Hampton won every aspect of the game against JC in a rout and Johnson Co., even though the game was close, seemed to have their way with Elizabethton. The Horns moved the ball at will. If not for a penalty on E-towns 1 yard line and time running out on a drive in the second quarter, the score could have been worse. The Leonard kid for Johnson Co. is a very hard runner and I have been very impressed with him in the two games that I saw him. Phipps is a purty good quarterback who won't make a ton of mistakes, and Prudhomme will probably be the best player on the field in any JC game this year except against South. He is just a great all-around player. As for Elizabethton, I like Witten as a coach and I believe he can turn them around if he is given time. He seems like he brings energy to the team that they have been lacking. Someone on here was talking about Etown only starting seniors, and I have heard that froma couple of different people. I don't know if Anderson is a senior but I would try the backup at the position cuz I have heard really good things about him. The Price kid did look good running the ball, but I expected Fuqua to do a little something since he is supposed to be good...

In my opion one of elizabethton's problems is the fact that seniors win out on positions reguardless of weather or not they are the best player for the position. Elizabethton is very loyal. Wes will have to basically give the position away before it is taken from him. I would take a gamble with the soph. and let them learn this year and be ready to roll next year. I agree, it's not a overnight process, so if the upperclassmen weren't good enough to win then I would lose with my promising underclassmen. That was me with this post. By the way the kids name at backup is Ryan Thomas. Who scored the only touchdown for elizabethton aginist "The Hil". He's young but I think I would rather him learn this year as a soph.. He can get out of trouble and has a arm, but still has a lot to learn. Why not let him learn on the run. Who knows maybe by the time playoffs come around you guys will be ready.