Elizabethton at Johnson County

longhorn42182

I think it is clear now who is the best team in Carter Co. with no questions asked. Hampton won every aspect of the game against JC in a rout and Johnson Co., even though the game was close, seemed to have their way with Elizabethton. The Horns moved the ball at will. If not for a penalty on E-towns 1 yard line and time running out on a drive in the second quarter, the score could have been worse. The Leonard kid for Johnson Co. is a very hard runner and I have been very impressed with him in the two games that I saw him. Phipps is a purty good quarterback who won't make a ton of mistakes, and Prudhomme will probably be the best player on the field in any JC game this year except against South. He is just a great all-around player. As for Elizabethton, I like Witten as a coach and I believe he can turn them around if he is given time. He seems like he brings energy to the team that they have been lacking. Someone on here was talking about Etown only starting seniors, and I have heard that froma couple of different people. I don't know if Anderson is a senior but I would try the backup at the position cuz I have heard really good things about him. The Price kid did look good running the ball, but I expected Fuqua to do a little something since he is supposed to be good...

I couldnt have said it better my self Brooks price was getting close to ten yards every time he touched the ball there for a little while, then it was like all of the sudden the coaches forgot he could run the ball AGAIN and he barely touched it the rest of the game after he scored one of their two touchdowns. They put in a very inexperienced sophmore and let him screw up instead of letting price score them a few more touchdowns.......... And about the Anderson kid, im starting to think the only reason he gets to play, is the fact that he is a senior. And another thing that people probably dont know is that his dad hold the keys to the gate for the home feild and is the guy who takes care of the field and makes it look good, so he can pretty much name his position, even if curt phillips were to transfer to elizabethton! HAHA And another problem is, he honostly thinks hes good, he really cant see how much he really brings the team down! About Fuqua he is definately the MOST OVER RATED kid on the whole team, everyone talks about how fast he is, but on the football field he looks like he is running in quick sand, HAHA honestly pay attention at the next game! I think its because he is scared of contact, and from what ive seen he really doesnt have that much athletic ability. It seems like thats all the coaches try to do is get the ball in his hands. But every time, (if the anderson kid get doesnt throw and interception or get sacked)HAHA he acts like he cant even get to the ball cuz he is worried about gettin hit after he catches it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Glee and All!

I'm back and PUMPED!

First...The Johnson County/Hampton game was one of the sloppiest games I've seen. I know it's early, but too many fumbles and missed tackles & blocks (H-#77). Both teams will have to clean up their game if they expect to compete.

Second...Elizabethton without a doubt will beat Johnson County. Although a little short on experience, Coach Whitten will have his team playing with pride and determination behind the likes of the quarterback Anderson and Ellis on the line. Elizabethton also has talented players in many other positions. Johnson County is simply to short on skilled positions to seriously compete with E. Good luck to both teams!

That's all for now.

See ya in the funny papers!

Hey Sports TV why don't you put what you wrote in your post in your funny paper. With the head line that says boy was I wrong. Johnson County ran all over elizabethton last night, they just plain out man handled elizabethton all over the field. Plus this finally shows that Hampton would kill elizabethton if they played. So I guess the clones learnt not to mess with the bull or you will get the HORNS.

Hey Sports TV why don't you put what you wrote in your post in your funny paper. With the head line that says boy was I wrong. Johnson County ran all over elizabethton last night, they just plain out man handled elizabethton all over the field. Plus this finally shows that Hampton would kill elizabethton if they played. So I guess the clones learnt not to mess with the bull or you will get the HORNS.

And they darn sure better mot mess with the bulldog cuz they would DEFINATELY get every tooth in its mouth!!!!! I HATE to say it but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they darn sure better mot mess with the bulldog cuz they would DEFINATELY get every tooth in its mouth!!!!! I HATE to say it but its true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I sure was wrong. Elizabethton would have beaten the Johnson County team that played against Hampton. But, the JC team that played Elizabethton could have beaten most teams in Northeast Tennessee.

Elizabethton should have been the more dominate team however, it wasn't their night. I hate to say it but, Elizabethton may have been out coached. JC had a good game plan and they seemed to stick with it. They ran the ball, then they ran the ball, then they ran the ball again. Elizabethton's defense was on the field most of the first half. By the end of the game E's defense (for the most part) was worn down.

I said last week that if Johnson County expected to compete this year, they would have to clean up their game. Well, that's exactly what they did! You gotta hand it to them, they stepped up to the challenge.

On a sad note...I believe I heard more cursing from the Johnson County fans on Friday night than I heard all last year! Not just from the stands. I was bombarded with bad language while in my car in line to get tickets, on the way to the stands from my car, in line at the concession stand, during the game & after the game while walking to my car. As far as I know, none was directed toward me. Cursing just seemed to be a part of the Johnson County dialog, especially from the teenagers. I'm not talking about mild language here. I'm talking about "######" this and "f" that. While in line at the concession stand there were 2 guys and a girl discussing what they were going to do to each other. Very loudly and very graphically. I don't know what made them think that everyone around them wanted to know the details of their perversions. Maybe the Johnson County school system needs to start teaching ENGLISH to their students so they want be speaking GARBAGE. Also, education starts AT HOME!

See you in the funny papers!

The offensive line did well Friday night, Wes just didn't throw the ball. Three to four seconds is all a QB needs, if nothin's there throw it away or take off with it. All he did was take sacks. Also, we played with them all night, a blown coverage and a pick killed our chance to win. Penalties killed us as well, we've had 25 in three games. A lot of work to do, but we'll be ok.

Sports TV, why don't you just give Hampton the credit they deserve. The Johnson Co. team that Hampton beat would beat Elizabethton every week this season. And I'm sorry if the behavior of teenagers annoys you. If you don't want to hear it, then you'll probably have to stay home because nothings going to change.

Congrats to the mighty Longhorns. You fellows just took a big step toward the playoffs

Oh yeah they are headed to the playoffs as long as the leonard kid doesn't get hurt. Prudhomme is a good ball player, but in my opinion they need to promote #30, other then philips no player is more valuable to his team. That kid made big hits, ran/returned the ball well and even blocked an extra point. He looks like the defensive player of the year in the conference if he stays healthy.

The offensive line did well Friday night, Wes just didn't throw the ball. Three to four seconds is all a QB needs, if nothin's there throw it away or take off with it. All he did was take sacks. Also, we played with them all night, a blown coverage and a pick killed our chance to win. Penalties killed us as well, we've had 25 in three games. A lot of work to do, but we'll be ok.

HAHA, see thats just the thing about wes. He dont know enough about what he is doing to throw the ball away, and its kinda hard to take off with it when you run about a 7 second 40!!!!!!!

Sports TV, why don't you just give Hampton the credit they deserve. The Johnson Co. team that Hampton beat would beat Elizabethton every week this season. And I'm sorry if the behavior of teenagers annoys you. If you don't want to hear it, then you'll probably have to stay home because nothings going to change.

I didn't mean to leave the impression that Hampton didn't deserve credit. On the contrary they showed great character in their defeat of Johnson County, especially Dustin Millhorn! That boy can really move!

Yes, the language I heard at Johnson County did annoy me but, that's not the main issue here. The main issue is not only is this type of behavior increasing but it is being more and more accepted. Do you want you children or grandchildren to grow up around this vulgarity? I don't. We, as adults, need to step up to our responsibility and do whatever is necessary to stop the filth coming out of our young people instead of just saying "nothing's going to change".

I didn't mean to leave the impression that Hampton didn't deserve credit. On the contrary they showed great character in their defeat of Johnson County, especially Dustin Millhorn! That boy can really move!

Yes, the language I heard at Johnson County did annoy me but, that's not the main issue here. The main issue is not only is this type of behavior increasing but it is being more and more accepted. Do you want you children or grandchildren to grow up around this vulgarity? I don't. We, as adults, need to step up to our responsibility and do whatever is necessary to stop the filth coming out of our young people instead of just saying "nothing's going to change".

lets talk football, not parenting!!