Huntland at Perry Co

Guest orange

Don't know that I agree entirely with that statement. A lot of PC's problem is due to the loss of Coach Bradley. They were all really close to him, and some of them have a problem moving on. There are some, however, who play to win no matter what. We have got to instill that attitude into all of them, then we might get somewhere. Coach Bradley does not want them to be a bunch of losers just because he's not there; he wants to see them win as much as anybody.

Can someone do me a favor and tell me the reason Coach Bradley was "let go"!!!! I have been a part of two scrimmages when Coach Bradley was coaching, and I did not see any difference in the PC Vikings compared to now. Last spring, they were so clustered I was embarrassed for them. Needless to say, I am sure he was a great guy that loved the kids, but if he was so loved, why was he "let go"???? Oh yeah, what about the other Coaches on the staff, where did they go. PC is still a "new" program, and now you have a good coach there that is going to work really hard and do the right things, just give it some time.....Why was Bradley "let go" someone please help me with that!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone do me a favor and tell me the reason Coach Bradley was "let go"!!!! I have been a part of two scrimmages when Coach Bradley was coaching, and I did not see any difference in the PC Vikings compared to now. Last spring, they were so clustered I was embarrassed for them. Needless to say, I am sure he was a great guy that loved the kids, but if he was so loved, why was he "let go"???? Oh yeah, what about the other Coaches on the staff, where did they go. PC is still a "new" program, and now you have a good coach there that is going to work really hard and do the right things, just give it some time.....Why was Bradley "let go" someone please help me with that!!!!

That's just the problem, no one knows why. He was loved, by the kids and the parents. That's small town politics for you. As far as "the other coaches", there was only Coach Dunkle, who is still there. No one is saying anything negative about Coach Harrison, he has always been very nice to me. I am just saying that some of the boys who were really attached to Coach Bradley are having trouble getting past all that and getting on with playing the game. My opinion is that they need to get over it and play some football. I miss Coach Bradley too, but he is gone and there is nothing we can do about it. Remember boys, the last thing he asked of you was not to quit, and to continue to play as a team. So get out there and win one for him!!

Perry County went a long time without having football and based on what has happened since they started it back I can see why. There has been a revolving door of coaches ever since the program was re-instated. The best coach you had was the first one that was hired to re-start the program. I think his name was Alridge. He got ran out because of politics also. You had Coach Rice and his record speaks for itself but he couldn't wait to get away from Linden and some of the stuff he had to deal with while he coached there. Until the fine folks of Linden stay back and let the football coaches coach football and leave them alone they are never going to be successful.

Perry County went a long time without having football and based on what has happened since they started it back I can see why. There has been a revolving door of coaches ever since the program was re-instated. The best coach you had was the first one that was hired to re-start the program. I think his name was Alridge. He got ran out because of politics also. You had Coach Rice and his record speaks for itself but he couldn't wait to get away from Linden and some of the stuff he had to deal with while he coached there. Until the fine folks of Linden stay back and let the football coaches coach football and leave them alone they are never going to be successful.

I coached in Perry County for 9 years. I was there when the program was first "re-started" The first year it was Coach Calvin Aldrige and me. We added two assistants the next year. The third season Coach Aldridge left, but it was mainly to go back to Mississippi to where he was from. Aldridge did not get ran out. I am sure any one in the system would tell you that they would love to have him back. The only season above 500 was the third year of the program under Danny Aldrige (Calvin's cousin) He also left to go back to Mississippi to be with his family. Both of these guys were great coaches that Perry County did not want to loose. Coach Rice did a great job there as well, but I can't help but to believe that the only reason he left was to go back to Waynesboro to coach his kids. Who would want to coach against his on children? I can't blame him for that. I left to go back to Alabama to be with my family. The "fine folks of Linden" as you call them are just that, they are fine folks. The people there are great, and it is a wonderful place to live.

I love reading your posts, Ned. They always give me a good laugh!

Have y'all tried to go dove hunting any? I went this past sat over behind Tinker Sand and Gravel and we killed about 50 or 60. That's not far from your house so I thought y'all might have gotten some too.

Who is the middle school coach in PC? They did a real nice job against MP last night although they came out on the loosing end. He seemed to have a real good game plan.

Jim Hamilton. A really good guy. Almost didn't get the job because of his handicap.

Have y'all tried to go dove hunting any? I went this past sat over behind Tinker Sand and Gravel and we killed about 50 or 60. That's not far from your house so I thought y'all might have gotten some too.

Thought you knew who I was, but I guess not. I don't hunt...we don't like to kill things. Think about it and you'll figure it out. My son thought a lot of you.

i was at the game in the spring, but i thought they did fairly well against a bigger school. 4a v 1a. they also did well considering they only had one coach doing the entire spring practice. we looked a bit confused sometimes the other night but they are under a new system. once they get it going... we will be as competitive in the region as last year.

go vikings

vikings 24

huntland 21

the mighty viking kicker will kick a last second fg to win the game!!