Tennessee High vs Sullivan East

Cap1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won when THS had to forfeit some games in 98 for a player who was not eligible I believe.

But an actual game, nope never been done.

The score on the field favored the Vikings 35-14 in '98. I don't believe the '99 game was that close. Tennessee was suspedended due to an inelligible player in the playoff game against Greeneville in '98.

East was placed into the playoffs in 1999 due to Tennessee High's suspension. They needed a team to fill the final seed.

Was that when THS had that crazy double dipper from another state. He was a good coach, but still crazy.

Yes. He got the Vikings booted from the 1999 playoffs. He also got himself suspended for two games in 2000.

He may have been a good coach in North Carolina, but his methods didn't work here. I believe Holt went to West Montgomery after THS. If that's the case, he isn't the head coach or is already gone.

Thats what I thought. Friends of mine in Bristol were not impressed with him. How long did he last? There was something else about a logo in the middle of the field, but I can't remember

He lasted from 1998 to 2000. I'm not sure about the field, but he did remove the horn decal on the helmets and replaced it with the "T".

The senior leadership of the Vikings will need to step up this week and school these younger less experienced players on this rivalry. The way East’s program continues to improve every year it’s coming…but NO senior class wants to be remembered as the first in school history to loose to East! That’s what it comes down to.

I think East has a punchers chance in this game. The Vikings need to jump on the Patriots early and take them and their fans mentally out of the game or else this could turn into a “dog fight” and the large home crowd will become a factor. OH NO…I hope the FBI isn’t monitoring this board or they may sick PETA on me and conspiracy charges are sure to follow.

Normally the Vikings start out every game with that “stop me if you can” running attach, but this year you better stay on your toes. Don’t get me wrong you will no doubt have to stop the traditional running game but it won’t be as easy as stacking the box this year.

Should be a great game between two schools which have good coaches and who seem to have their kids ready to play. I think that the 0 for the series has to benefit TN High, but home field advantage for East will neutralize this. I believe that that this game could go either way, but it shouldn't be a surprise if East were to win. Ralph Nelson has done a great job of building East's program. At the same time, I love TN High's smash mouth football and believe that their passing game makes them very difficult to defend.

Can't wait to hear the outcome!!!