Morristown West off to 0-2 start

WMTNTrojans

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all, this is the Voice of the Morristown West Trojans on WMTN AM 1300, Darren Headrick. Sorry, had to drop in a plug for my station. We have bar none the best coverage of Trojan athletics! Whoops!..did it again.

Anyway, as many know, the Trojans are off to a surprising 0-2 start after giving the Jefferson County Patriots a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28 points.

Just wondering the popular opinions around the area...will West bounce back and still be a contender in Region 2-4A?

How do you think they will fare against the Cherokee Chiefs?

Let me know...maybe your comments or thoughts will be heard on the air Friday nights on WMTN AM 1300...your home for Morristown West football!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't JC give up 3 fumbles themselves....if so, the turnovers were almost equal. Turnovers are always a gift. To say the 28pts was a gift probably makes you feel better instead of questioning the defense and their resilience in tough times. I think you will lose another 2-3 games.

Anyway, as many know, the Trojans are off to a surprising 0-2 start after giving the Jefferson County Patriots a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28 points.

Oh those Crimson colored glasses, there were no gifts handed out by West. Its not like a ball was pitched and the RB just didn`t catch the ball, JC defenders forced those turnovers, don`t you dare try to minimize the reasons JC won. You want to talk about gifts, how about West getting the ball knocked out at the goaline and recovering it in the end zone. Yes a lot of JC pts came off turnovers, but those points were earned, and the turnovers were forced with timely well placed hits.

Oh those Crimson colored glasses, there were no gifts handed out by West. Its not like a ball was pitched and the RB just didn`t catch the ball, JC defenders forced those turnovers, don`t you dare try to minimize the reasons JC won. You want to talk about gifts, how about West getting the ball knocked out at the goaline and recovering it in the end zone. Yes a lot of JC pts came off turnovers, but those points were earned, and the turnovers were forced with timely well placed hits.

You are dead on. I listened to this guy's station and they said the last fumble would not have been called a fumble if it occured on their sideline. They can kid themselves all they want....they are just not that good....hard to face after having some success of late.

JC4life,

Not everyone sees it that way. I am a huge Morristown West fan, and I have no problem saying that Jefferson County won because they earned it. They forced those turnovers and took advantage of them, that is what good teams do. I also want to congrulate #54 (Yeary) he played one of the best games I have ever seen a high school linebacker play. It seemed like he made every tackle.

Good luck to Jefferson County on the rest of their season. The Trojans are working hard to re-group and I believe they will. We don't need to make excuses when we get beat.

Alright, guys...

First of all...I am William Blount HS, UT grad. I have no affiliation to Morristown West other than the fact that my job is to call their games. I try to be as impartial as possible. So don't YOU dare sit on that high horse and call me a homer or say I belittle a team's big win.

Second of all...I was not belittling JC's victory nor whining. What I was referring to is the fact that West had the game in hand, until the 4 turnovers late in the game gave JC the ball in West territory on several occassions with all the momentum. That is what I was referring to. It was a great victory for Coach Anderson and his staff. JC is a much improved team from last year.

Third...the play JCSPORTSBUD referred to....that play was, in fact, a close call. His knee appeared to touch down the same time as the ball came out. I do not argue referee's calls. I don't see any need for it. I was just observing the officiating for that evening. They seemed to lean on calls depending on where they were to the sidelines. Don't forget...West got a HUGE break themselves when Holton Goan, the punter, touched his knee down before getting the ball away. He was never ruled down. The officiating was a little off that game, and i was making an observation.

Fourth...JC4Life...I don't wear crimson colored glasses. I wear Big Orange-tinted ones. I never said the pts. and turnovers weren't earned. Obviously, you have to play hard to make the breaks go your way. They outplayed the Trojans in the 4th qtr. No doubt. But...the point I was arguing was...West holds on to the football, the game goes a completely different direction. It was a game of turnovers and momentum shifts..and JC made their move at the right, and most crucial time.

By the way...if you were listening to my broadcast, I would first like to thank you for that. And second, I did spend quite a bit of time in the 4th talking about what a huge victory for JC and Coach Anderson that was. I congratulated them on several occassions. And I still am.

Alright, guys...

First of all...I am William Blount HS, UT grad. I have no affiliation to Morristown West other than the fact that my job is to call their games. I try to be as impartial as possible. So don't YOU dare sit on that high horse and call me a homer or say I belittle a team's big win.

Second of all...I was not belittling JC's victory nor whining. What I was referring to is the fact that West had the game in hand, until the 4 turnovers late in the game gave JC the ball in West territory on several occassions with all the momentum. That is what I was referring to. It was a great victory for Coach Anderson and his staff. JC is a much improved team from last year.

Fourth...JC4Life...I don't wear crimson colored glasses. I wear Big Orange-tinted ones. I never said the pts. and turnovers weren't earned. Obviously, you have to play hard to make the breaks go your way. They outplayed the Trojans in the 4th qtr. No doubt. But...the point I was arguing was...West holds on to the football, the game goes a completely different direction. It was a game of turnovers and momentum shifts..and JC made their move at the right, and most crucial time.

How exactly is someone suppose to take that Jeff County was "given a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28pts" which led to West losing? Gifts are given not taken, no one gave JC a thing. You may say you're aren`t belittling the teams big win, but it certainly seems like you are, and I am not the only person that took those comments that why which is obvious by the other posts in the thread.

How exactly is someone suppose to take that Jeff County was "given a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28pts" which led to West losing? Gifts are given not taken, no one gave JC a thing. You may say you're aren`t belittling the teams big win, but it certainly seems like you are, and I am not the only person that took those comments that why which is obvious by the other posts in the thread.

I am sorry if I cam across to anyone, JC fan, MWest fan, overall HS fan as believing that JC did nothing to earn that victory. Like I said before time and again....that was a huge win for Coach Anderson and his team fought hard to get him that victory.

What I meant by saying "given a gift in the form of 4 turnovers and 28 points" is this....I honestly did not, and do not think JC wins that game without those momentum changing turnovers in the 4th qtr. Anyone who saw the game saw a Trojan team come out of the half strong and quickly take a 20-7 lead. I also saw JC respond with a beautiful drive, highlighted by the 75 pass play from Long to McFall. But I also felt that West's offense had established control at the line of scrimmage. The turnover by West at their own 30 yard line is ultimately what did the Trojans in.

I give JC all the credit in the world. When the game appeared to be in control of West, JC kept their poise and their heads up. They played harder than the Trojans in the final minutes, and were rewarded for it.

Look folks, I was not looking for trouble or trying to cause an argument on this thread here. I certainly meant no disrespect to JCHS. I apologize to anyone he felt I did cause them disrespect.

Now, this thread was created to discuss how Morristown West will bounce back after starting 0-2. So, please, let's get back to the true topic of this thread.

Greeneville a potential sleeper huh uh no how bout they are looking like a #1 contender west u lost to jeff county 4 to's or not and east beat karns by like 6 yeah greeneville did beat a jeff team but don't say jeff played a bad game and they did lose to the previous state champs but only in the closing seconds of the game. ITS ABOUT TIME WE ALL WATCH AS WEST TAKES A BACK SEAT TO TEAMS WITH HEART

Haha! I like the enthusiam. The "sleeper" monacher on Greeneville is coming from all the preseason reads. I have seen Greeneville in action at the jamboree, and I have also followed them through local papers, and I can say that I am indeed impressed with Greeneville. I would venture to say they are number 1 right now in this region.

But regardless of whether they are down or not...the road to the championship in region 2-4A still goes through Morristown, my friend. And I don't just mean West. East will be a tough team, as well.