How Bad Will Lake County Pummel Union City?

Themightymac

Congrats to U.C.on the win....Based on what I saw both teams are terrible defensively..U.C. didn't have the speed that Fulton or Trenton had...but still had several long runs..#6 for U.C. looked good but L.C. for the most part was just sticking an arm out to tackle...On offense..Lake Co moved the ball all over the field..would get within 10 or 15 yards from the goal line and and either fumble or get intercepted..I thought we had about 8 turnovers..Bogan was running over people..we would get close to the goal line..and Lake Co would act like he wasn't even on the field..Based on what I saw in our two teams..McKenzie has to have a lot better defense than Lake Co and with the room that U.C. gives the receivers on offense..McKenzie will win big when they play each other...It looks like Lake Co will have to outscore Gleason.Greenfield etc..to nail down the 4th spot..But..since Bruceton doesn't seem to have a lot of speed..maybe we won't give up those long runs and hang around..So..maybe a chance for 3rd still...

The top four teams are McKenzie,Union City,Bruceton and Lake County.......Greenfield,Gleason,South Fulton and West Carroll are not getting in....

The Falcons also looked like they were outcoaching themselves on a number of other third and shorts by not just handing off to Bogan....Also looked as though he is not in the greatest of shape....After his first run of the night,the one where he dragged about half the UC players for a few yards and caused Fishel to call time out,he had to go off the field for three or four plays....Turnovers are all about discipline...I counted seven,could have been eight but when you are talking about that number of turnovers you are talking undisciplined football....Even if Lake County had scored on some of those possessions,it doesn't mean they would have won....We may have seen a game where the score for each team could have been in the 50's..Seemed to me UC tried more to run clock in the third quarter than score points....Union City has work to do,for sure...This wasn't an impressive win by any means,Lake County is just not very good right now......UC just has more athletes and they were in better condition....Union City has the misfortune of trying to get better against the 3 of the top four region teams in each of their first three region games...

By the way here are some unofficial stats I heard on the way home last night.....

Lake County....

Rushing....35 attempts for 173 yards

Passing.....21-33-3 for 244 yards

The Falcons ran 68 plays for a total of 417 yards

Union City....

Rushing....36 attempts for 270 yards

Passing....3-10 for 48 yards

The Tornadoes ran 46 plays for 318 yards

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top four teams are McKenzie,Union City,Bruceton and Lake County.......Greenfield,Gleason,South Fulton and West Carroll are not getting in....

The Falcons also looked like they were outcoaching themselves on a number of other third and shorts by not just handing off to Bogan....Also looked as though he is not in the greatest of shape....After his first run of the night,the one where he dragged about half the UC players for a few yards and caused Fishel to call time out,he had to go off the field for three or four plays....Turnovers are all about discipline...I counted seven,could have been eight but when you are talking about that number of turnovers you are talking undisciplined football....Even if Lake County had scored on some of those possessions,it doesn't mean they would have won....We may have seen a game where the score for each team could have been in the 50's..Seemed to me UC tried more to run clock in the third quarter than score points....Union City has work to do,for sure...This wasn't an impressive win by any means,Lake County is just not very good right now......UC just has more athletes and they were in better condition....Union City has the misfortune of trying to get better against the 3 of the top four region teams in each of their first three region games...

By the way here are some unofficial stats I heard on the way home last night.....

Lake County....

Rushing....35 attempts for 173 yards

Passing.....21-33-3 for 244 yards

The Falcons ran 68 plays for a total of 417 yards

Union City....

Rushing....36 attempts for 270 yards

Passing....3-10 for 48 yards

The Tornadoes ran 46 plays for 318 yards

I'd agree ..Both teams have a long way to go..but U.C. did what they had to do to win and L.C. didn't take care of the football...U.C. pretty well has already nailed a spot for the playoffs..L.C. has to fight now just to make the playoffs..With what I saw last night..I'm a little scared of Gleason,Greenfield,and even South Fulton

now come on where are those fans who said lake co would have the edge on coaching? if you were there you seen that fumble follies and poor play calling cost us the game. this is the worst union city team that i have ever seen take a field and they spanked us or should i say we spanked ourself. neither team needs to worry about mckenzie but needs to worry about gleason and greenfield because both uc and lc played like gleason and south fulton and greenfield. both uc and lc better be glad they are in a weak region or both would be home for the first round. poor football by both teams but uc took advantage of the red zone where lc just laid the ball on the ground. 6 or 7 trips to the red zone and no points, now that is play calling. the young qb for lc needs to give up the ball sometimes and maybe we would score. wide open receivers and he runs the ball time and time again. he is no springer so pass the ball please. i know we had 200 plus yards passing but no cookie. quit thinking about stats and newspapers and play ball. mckenzie and buthie will have to make 71a proud this year because come late season thats the only team from 71a that will be around to cheer on. long long year for lc unless we protect the football. maybe we need to walk the halls next week with a backpack in one hand and a good ole football in the other to get used to holding one. coach p, we've had enough pizza movies sleepovers and fumbles so now lets see that coaching kick in. it's time don't you think????

now come on where are those fans who said lake co would have the edge on coaching? if you were there you seen that fumble follies and poor play calling cost us the game. this is the worst union city team that i have ever seen take a field and they spanked us or should i say we spanked ourself. neither team needs to worry about mckenzie but needs to worry about gleason and greenfield because both uc and lc played like gleason and south fulton and greenfield. both uc and lc better be glad they are in a weak region or both would be home for the first round. poor football by both teams but uc took advantage of the red zone where lc just laid the ball on the ground. 6 or 7 trips to the red zone and no points, now that is play calling. the young qb for lc needs to give up the ball sometimes and maybe we would score. wide open receivers and he runs the ball time and time again. he is no springer so pass the ball please. i know we had 200 plus yards passing but no cookie. quit thinking about stats and newspapers and play ball. mckenzie and buthie will have to make 71a proud this year because come late season thats the only team from 71a that will be around to cheer on. long long year for lc unless we protect the football. maybe we need to walk the halls next week with a backpack in one hand and a good ole football in the other to get used to holding one. coach p, we've had enough pizza movies sleepovers and fumbles so now lets see that coaching kick in. it's time don't you think????

I don't know about worst UC team...The 2-8 and 3-7 teams a few years back were bad...

And in the QB's defense,he was having to scramble all over...His line was getting beat...The kid is tough..To be a soph and take the pounding he did and get up every time shows something..He's prolly 15 give him a break...

Legend: first, I was the one who started the post. I did it to get peoples lazy tails on here and it worked. If you will go back and read my posts you will see my stance and predictions for the game.Although i can't see how one could predict 6-8 turnovers. Our stats guy told me 6, 3-3 interc./fumbles. But I don't know. I do know 4 of those six were withing 20 yrds of goalline.I also know that the Lake County/ Union City game is my favorite of the year. UC will grow nicely this year in my opinion.I am a little concerned about LC. Lcfalconfan, While I agree with some of your post. How do you blame the coach for turnovers? I am pretty sure he doesn't teach interceptions in practice. Yes I would have run Bogan more but as is pointed out. One or two good plays and he is sidelined. Seth will be ok, but he throws some really risky passes that he doesn't have the arm for yet. Not to mention some stupid ones. Plus he didn't handle the ball really well on the snap. Can you really blame coach for that? I think we only had two fumbles on a carry, but so did UC. So do we boot their coach too?

As soon as I get through eating this huge pile of CROW imma tell ya what i think lol. Nice win for UC. And Dang Lake County WTF.

I have some leftover crow from last night. Come on over.

Legend: first, I was the one who started the post. I did it to get peoples lazy tails on here and it worked. If you will go back and read my posts you will see my stance and predictions for the game.Although i can't see how one could predict 6-8 turnovers. Our stats guy told me 6, 3-3 interc./fumbles. But I don't know. I do know 4 of those six were withing 20 yrds of goalline.I also know that the Lake County/ Union City game is my favorite of the year. UC will grow nicely this year in my opinion.I am a little concerned about LC. Lcfalconfan, While I agree with some of your post. How do you blame the coach for turnovers? I am pretty sure he doesn't teach interceptions in practice. Yes I would have run Bogan more but as is pointed out. One or two good plays and he is sidelined. Seth will be ok, but he throws some really risky passes that he doesn't have the arm for yet. Not to mention some stupid ones. Plus he didn't handle the ball really well on the snap. Can you really blame coach for that? I think we only had two fumbles on a carry, but so did UC. So do we boot their coach too?I have some leftover crow from last night. Come on over.

Ok, here we go......First, I do blame a coach to some extent. Conditioning is the first and utmost thing that leads to how WELL you learn, move on the field, your mind is stronger, etc. Now, you are right that the coach wasn't one of the 11 players on the field. He does though, direct the team in what to do in situations where you might be doing thing or the other opposing team might be doing. Thats call " making Adjustments".

If the player or players get down mentally, this sometimes is caused by the condition the player might be in. It all begins in the very HOT summer and we really had one. Union City took many pre-cautions to protect their players from the heat. But you know what, it shows now if the player or players really did work hard in the off season and getting their bodies ready. Again, this falls back on the caoch to some degree. He need to lay the ground work down and if the players do not follow the plan, they are off the team.....no questions asked.

As for the fumbles, Union City didn't have hardly any and they were on the same field , I think.... and as for the official turnover count........Eight ( 8 ) for Lake County. Way too many for any high school team and that tells the story of one of the reason for not a "W" instead a "L".

To the kids defense, it is hard to play just when you have a new coach. There might be something there that he has already lost respect from some of the players?

As for Union City, they have lots to work on and they will get better as the season goes along. Now, we may not win the region but every team will know UNion City did show up to play and most of the time we are not going to get out conditioned during a game.

If what I have been reading is true about the coach coming in and wanting to change several ways, etc.....then the caoch may have a control problem and you DON'T want that.

Good luck and keep the head up.

The ole saying here in Union City goes something like this, "We Don't Rebuild Our Program, We Reload It".

I agree with this post entirely. When a team loses or wins is not reflected on the Coach UNLESS: Stupid mistakes are made. Now I didn't see the game so I'm posting from what I have been told. Attitude is the main directive towards any sport. Everything comes behind that. If your Team doesn't buy into what your cooking the meal won't be complete. Conditioning and talent and skill players all this falls behind to attitude. If you have a new Coach come in and he doesn't approach the Team aspect more than the Guy who left it, Your in trouble. The Coaching Staff is to blame for the Kids mental mistakes simply because they weren't prepared. I say let's string him up.

Legend: first, I was the one who started the post. I did it to get peoples lazy tails on here and it worked. If you will go back and read my posts you will see my stance and predictions for the game.Although i can't see how one could predict 6-8 turnovers. Our stats guy told me 6, 3-3 interc./fumbles. But I don't know. I do know 4 of those six were withing 20 yrds of goalline.I also know that the Lake County/ Union City game is my favorite of the year. UC will grow nicely this year in my opinion.I am a little concerned about LC. Lcfalconfan, While I agree with some of your post. How do you blame the coach for turnovers? I am pretty sure he doesn't teach interceptions in practice. Yes I would have run Bogan more but as is pointed out. One or two good plays and he is sidelined. Seth will be ok, but he throws some really risky passes that he doesn't have the arm for yet. Not to mention some stupid ones. Plus he didn't handle the ball really well on the snap. Can you really blame coach for that? I think we only had two fumbles on a carry, but so did UC. So do we boot their coach too?I have some leftover crow from last night. Come on over.

The mightymac,I did not say anything about the coaching in last night's game.You have me confused with lcfalconfever. LC had 6 turnovers last night 3 fumbles and 3 int's. LC actually fumbled 6 times and lost 3. Coaching is not the problem. Yes, we should have run Bogan more.Bigster,although you are correct about the defense arm tackling for the most part, you have to agree they were put in a bad situation last night by the offense turning the ball over.Everybody is getting down on the falcons but people need to remember they are a young team with a new coach. The falcons will get better and they will be a decent team by the end of the year.