Antioch(0-2) at Hunters Lane(2-0)

fb247

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antioch is going to have to make a statement in this game if they are going to make the playoffs. I am sure HL is going to be ready after being thumped by the Bears the past 4 years. Hunters Lane has rolled through their first two opponents very easily, but this shall be a more difficult test. Antioch needs to get QB Terence Davis some help, the receivers need to step up, and the D needs to make stops. It was said that HL did not have a pass attempt against Whites Creek and scored 40. HL is dangerous, but I have to go with the Bears in this because they always seem to step up when they get an opportunity to be on TV.

Gotta like Hunters Lane in this one. They have tremendious athleticism. Not too mention they are the only team in the region with a win...and they have 2.

very true.. but give AHS credit they have played two very high qaulity teams.. i think that is a good way to get ready for region play.. should be a good one tho.. tons of athleticism on the field..

im takin HL 24-21

This game is a sucker bet big time. You have a 2-0 Hunters Lane team who is very talented, but really didn't get tested in their first two games playing against an Antioch team that is 0-2, but has played two of the best teams in the Midstate and played them fairly well, until the fourth quarter. Add the fact that Antioch has beaten Hunters Lane four years in a row, and you have sucker bet city here. Everything points to Hunters Lane winning, but Antioch may just be more tested at this point.

As an example, I believe that this game parallels the first Ravenwood-Smyrna meeting last year. One team is hot against inferior competition, while the other is cold, but has been battle tested. The battle tested team will almost always win in this situation. Look for Antioch to grind out a win by a score of 19-17 or something like that. I just think Woodward knows what he's doing with his schedule.

This game is a sucker bet big time. You have a 2-0 Hunters Lane team who is very talented, but really didn't get tested in their first two games playing against an Antioch team that is 0-2, but has played two of the best teams in the Midstate and played them fairly well, until the fourth quarter. Add the fact that Antioch has beaten Hunters Lane four years in a row, and you have sucker bet city here. Everything points to Hunters Lane winning, but Antioch may just be more tested at this point.

As an example, I believe that this game parallels the first Ravenwood-Smyrna meeting last year. One team is hot against inferior competition, while the other is cold, but has been battle tested. The battle tested team will almost always win in this situation. Look for Antioch to grind out a win by a score of 19-17 or something like that. I just think Woodward knows what he's doing with his schedule.

I did not know the last four years Antioch has won. Was Coach Pigue coaching the last time HL. beat Antioch. Strength of schedule could have an impact on preparation and quality of play. Antioch held its own with Riverdale, this could be a confidence builder. Hunters Lane is fast and appears to have a good running game ,but can they throw if needed. This could be a factor. Antioch is more balanced and hungry for a win. See you at the game.

WRONG ANSWER! Losing teaches you how to lose.