Freshman football

bipbopzot

It appears that Farragut will be playing Ooltewah for the Region 2-5A Freshman Championship. I've read on here that Ooltewah's Freshman play some JV teams, what Freshman teams have they played (and scores if possible) so we can get some sort of prospective from possible common opponents. I know Ooltewah generally has a good program, but the JV programs that their Freshman have played are not familiar.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshmen football should place more emphasis on improving skill than overall record. My question to anyone bragging on this thread is this: Are your players better at their position and in the "O" / "D" scheme than they were at the beginning of the season? I think that gets overlooked too often at this level.

it is very important for the kids to get acclamated to the varsity schemes, assignments, etc. individual improvement is also obviously key. however, establishing a winning tradition/mentality at a school among the players is equally key. get kids winning early often brings in an important mentality to the program (though not to say that it is essential in developing a winning varsity team). W's gets them excited about playing for their school and developing a bond with their classmates. also gets fellow freshman to come out play... huge freshman classes are great to see. i will grant you this one though, when the head coach is watching from the press box, he is looking at talent, work ethic, passion, etc. thats often the only time he gets to personally "scout" his freshman class.

it is very important for the kids to get acclamated to the varsity schemes, assignments, etc. individual improvement is also obviously key. however, establishing a winning tradition/mentality at a school among the players is equally key. get kids winning early often brings in an important mentality to the program (though not to say that it is essential in developing a winning varsity team). W's gets them excited about playing for their school and developing a bond with their classmates. also gets fellow freshman to come out play... huge freshman classes are great to see. i will grant you this one though, when the head coach is watching from the press box, he is looking at talent, work ethic, passion, etc. thats often the only time he gets to personally "scout" his freshman class.

I second that!!! We play alot of jv teams,too.which really helps w/ getting used to size and speed,playing against older kids.

Whatever, you are taking this wayyyyyy too serious !!!

Hendersonivlle freshman man handled the Franklin team. Franklin does have an exceptionally gifted QB. Hendersonville some how lost 2 games, I dont understand how they lost those two games after watching them against Franklin. Hats off to them. THey have great size and some good little backs, and a grreat up and coming QB.

Hendersonivlle freshman man handled the Franklin team. Franklin does have an exceptionally gifted QB. Hendersonville some how lost 2 games, I dont understand how they lost those two games after watching them against Franklin. Hats off to them. THey have great size and some good little backs, and a grreat up and coming QB.

I agree completely i have seen the QB for the freshman commandos and he will definitly be a force to be reckoned with at the varsity level in the near future