Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

Hello to all. this is the first time that i have been able to get on this week, it's been very busy. Now i was able to go back and read all of the posts. Now as i don't think our defense is as bad as the yanker states i do feel that our secondary is a problem spot. and while the defense may be only giving up 9 ppg they have only played northwest ( not Ridgeway) dickson (who wasn't as good as last year) and a still pitiful liberty. our defense will improve over the season although i do wish we were playing stiffer opponents. Now on to westview. Westview has a good team but they will not hold a candle to HC and if this is toughest opponent we have played all year as stated earlier by someone then thats a problem. but, i don't think they are (DC). Now our offense has played great and will continue to. HC 35 Westview 14

Of all the facets of our defense, the secondary is probably not quite to par with the rest. HOWEVER, they have made several good plays this year. Particularly Sims (#1) and Capps (#9). Also have seen some big hits from Tharpe (#14). They will improve, and they will be ready to stop JCM when the time comes to test them seriously in the pass defense. I think that Westview will try and mix it up with the pass, but I am not sure how much of a threat they may have. Our Defense will be running at full steam on Friday night, looking for a shutout. But in all likelyhood, the Chargers will put some points on the board. Two days away now! I am getting over feeling bad this week and ready to ring that monster cowbell!!!

Let's ROLL!!!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought that this is a henry co. and westview game.

why is everyone talking about jcm.

i dont expect the chargers to give up many points.

but still put points on the board to make the score 21 to 14 westviews on top

You must not have ever posted/read one of Henry County's threads before. With the Yanker on board, every game somehow has something to do with JCM. You must also not know much about the power of the Patriot offense.

Advisor - I will let you inform this new fellow. And by the way, I have not been ignoring you about what to play for in the JCM rivalry. I just haven't come up with anything good - yet.

You must not have ever posted/read one of Henry County's threads before. With the Yanker on board, every game somehow has something to do with JCM. You must also not know much about the power of the Patriot offense.

Advisor - I will let you inform this new fellow. And by the way, I have not been ignoring you about what to play for in the JCM rivalry. I just haven't come up with anything good - yet.

Actually......i must tip my HC cap to 5thDawn......he has added some quality posts on the "Little League" side of the message board! I think he is very anxious about his Thunder Bolts meeting this week in Paris!! He too seems to be somewhat knowledgable about the Big Red!!! Keep in mind too 5thdawn........Region 7-4A is the only Region in the Volunteer State that is home to the Yanker!!!! If this 5th meeting between HC and Westview continues.........we too made need an idol to play for much like the Ol' Bourbon Barrel!! Any thoughts about what that item needs to be??

Hey Cephus,

If you know anyone who knows someone that is related to someone that knows Coach Gaddis. Mention the old school look of Red jerseys and white pants for the game Fri.!

Hmmm, I kind of like the BIG RED in all RED especially those irredescent ones! Maybe they will get some white ones that look as good. But I do remember those old white pants from days of yore...

Of all the facets of our defense, the secondary is probably not quite to par with the rest. HOWEVER, they have made several good plays this year. Particularly Sims (#1) and Capps (#9). Also have seen some big hits from Tharpe (#14). They will improve, and they will be ready to stop JCM when the time comes to test them seriously in the pass defense. I think that Westview will try and mix it up with the pass, but I am not sure how much of a threat they may have. Our Defense will be running at full steam on Friday night, looking for a shutout. But in all likelyhood, the Chargers will put some points on the board. Two days away now! I am getting over feeling bad this week and ready to ring that monster cowbell!!!

Let's ROLL!!!

I have read 2 out of town newspaper articles on Westview and spoke to a couple of folks from Weakley County and what I gather is their line is really big for a 2A Team. They like to run and then run some more. I think they have a power back and a speed back. Good QB. I am interested to see if Westview works on mixing the pass into game plan a little more since it is a non region game. Our neighbors to the West should bring a good crowd. I am sure they would like nothing better than to upset a good 4A team. I don't think this Patriot team will let that happen.

Weather looks great. It will be a good night for Patriot Pride Personified.

I have read 2 out of town newspaper articles on Westview and spoke to a couple of folks from Weakley County and what I gather is their line is really big for a 2A Team. They like to run and then run some more. I think they have a power back and a speed back. Good QB. I am interested to see if Westview works on mixing the pass into game plan a little more since it is a non region game. Our neighbors to the West should bring a good crowd. I am sure they would like nothing better than to upset a good 4A team. I don't think this Patriot team will let that happen.

The Westview lines appeared to be much larger than Dickson County and also, much larger than Henry County. I said it before, but no one wanted to listen, but their lines looked not only bigger, but also better than the Dickson lines. We will find out Friday night, if they are better than the Henry County lines. They do not have the speed of Dickson, but they do have a hard running fullback. The QB is very good. I don't remember a lot of players who played on both sides of the ball, but the Jamboree was a while back. I think the game could be a good one. I think Henry County is better, but Westview is more than capable of winning this one. I think they are the best team we have played, but I could be wrong.

i cant wait till im up there in the crowds friday night. It should be a good game by both parts.

i in the 2% that say westviews going to win but alot from friends outside this county think wv going to lose.

98%say henry co.

2% say westview

i cnat wait till im up there in the crowds friday night. It should be a good game by both parts.

i in the 2% that say westviews going to win but alot from friends outside this county think wv going to lose.

98%say henry co.

2% say westview

The Coacht poll has been between 75%-80% all week, in favor of Henry County. It is currently at 80.2%. I think this is a little high, but I do believe that Henry County will win. I hope that I have inflated how good Westview really is. I do think they are a good, and a well coached team. I would assume more people from Henry Countyhave voted, than did those from martin.