Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hate HC lost, mainly because it will probably be a huge wake up call for them.

I hope this is true.

Way too many mistakes last night. My hats off to Westview they did a good job!

Red pride quit being so defensive. You would think that you were playing or coaching this team the way you get so mad at people's statements. Westview is a very GOOD 2A team. That being said they are 2A!! We should have won this game with the better athletes that we had. That is all some of these posters have been saying. We love our coaches and players. We are not knocking them. The guy was only making a statement which is true.

I do agree with your statement about the amount of athletes on the field. Look at Alcoa in the state champ last year. They could beat anyone (except Maryville).

We should have been the better team last night, but we were not. Lets get over this one and get ready for the rest of the games. 9-1 is not too shabby!

My hats off to a very solid Westview team. I really hope you guys go far this season. I will have to agree with VG on this one, it should be a wake up call. We need to learn from this experience and move forward.

RedPride, I feel sick too. Losing is not as bad when you played your heart out and come up short. Its horrible when it turns out the way it did last night, hence feeling sick. So come on Big Red, lets lick our wounds and improve and take our Region.

well we all have our opinions on things. but i personally don't think westview could compete with a hillsboro or maryville. And i believe we can but, we just didn't bring our game tonight and westview had a lot to do with that

If I shall remind you, which appearently I must. We didn't hang with Hillsboro last year either. 2A or 4A, oh well!

I hope this is true.

Way too many mistakes last night. My hats off to Westview they did a good job!

Red pride quit being so defensive. You would think that you were playing or coaching this team the way you get so mad at people's statements. Westview is a very GOOD 2A team. That being said they are 2A!! We should have won this game with the better athletes that we had. That is all some of these posters have been saying. We love our coaches and players. We are not knocking them. The guy was only making a statement which is true.

I do agree with your statement about the amount of athletes on the field. Look at Alcoa in the state champ last year. They could beat anyone (except Maryville).

We should have been the better team last night, but we were not. Lets get over this one and get ready for the rest of the games. 9-1 is not too shabby!

In my humble opinion,way too much has been made about Westview being 2a and HC being 4a. Schools like Westview , Milan , and others have excellent football programs and aren't affected by big crowds, flashy player intros or air horns. Saying that HC should have won or that HC has better athletes is immaterial[although I'm not sure either is true]. Westview has played and won many games against "big schools." They prepare well, play hard and know how to win. I'm sure you agree, the best football TEAM on the field last Friday night in Patriot stadium was Westview.

The YANKER is sorry that my HC friends are disappointed...it could be worse...you could have our record!!! Now that our foolish game with Shannon is behind us, I will call on my HC friends to help the Cougars get past Liberty...the YANKER's least favorite team!!! I AM THE "WITHOUT LIBERTY" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree...Henry Co will be in Orange Mound in week 3 of the playoffs...that game would be a toss up, then the winner will get whipped in Nashville, and then Hillsboro will get smoked by Maryville the machine again.

Westview could very well make a run at athe Boro...only to run into Alcoa...the other east Tn machine.

Congrats to the Chargers tonite...they outplayed us!!!

If HC wins the region, They will be at home for the first 3 rounds.

While I didn't predict a Westview victory, I was one of a few who gave them the respect they deserved on this thread. I tried to tell many of you that they were capable of beating Henry County. Apparently, the Henry County players paid more attention to most of the posts, other than mine. I told you that I had seen them at the Jamboree, while most of you had not. You went with that 2A and lack of depth thing. What do you say now? Henry County is the better team, but not on that night. We played poorly and I would suggest that the team reflected the attitude that was present on this thread. Most of you would not admit that they were as good as Dickson County. Most of you ASSUMED victory. Maybe you, and your team, have learned a valuable lesson.

The YANKER is sorry that my HC friends are disappointed...it could be worse...you could have our record!!! Now that our foolish game with Shannon is behind us, I will call on my HC friends to help the Cougars get past Liberty...the YANKER's least favorite team!!! I AM THE "WITHOUT LIBERTY" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was ugly, Yanker. We fumbled on the thirty-five and again on the ten. We had a TD called back for clipping. We jumped offsides about four times. I take nothing away from Westview; they executed well and are a good team. However, we handed it to them on a silver platter, and they capitalized on our mistakes. I hate games like that. I have felt sick about it all weekend. Hopefully, it was our wake-up call. I think I will see JCM play Friday night since it is our off week.

While I didn't predict a Westview victory, I was one of a few who gave them the respect they deserved on this thread. I tried to tell many of you that they were capable of beating Henry County. Apparently, the Henry County players paid more attention to most of the posts, other than mine. I told you that I had seen them at the Jamboree, while most of you had not. You went with that 2A and lack of depth thing. What do you say now? Henry County is the better team, but not on that night. We played poorly and I would suggest that the team reflected the attitude that was present on this thread. Most of you would not admit that they were as good as Dickson County. Most of you ASSUMED victory. Maybe you, and your team, have learned a valuable lesson.

I said it was the best team we had played to date and was also ignored. Perhaps, we have learned our lesson, and the rest of the season will be good.