LaVergne at Antioch

jackmoreblackson

LaVergne has been starting slow (Blackman/Oakland) and that might get them in trouble early. But AT will run all over Antioch's defense. They seem to be very sloppy on D from what I have seen/heard.

But Antioch is more athletic than LaVergne--probably the first time that has been the case for the Wolverines so far this season.

LaVergne 31 Antioch 13

Shouldn't be in question well before the game is over as long as the RINES come to the game focused..which I think they will considering this is somewhat of a rivalry game due to the close proximity. (not sure I spelled that right)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good game.

All the players know each other.

Antioch will not be taken lightly regardless of their record. They've played MBA, Riverdale, and Hunters Lane. 3 EXCELLENT teams.

Regardless of our record, we need to get better. Not talent wise, because the talent is there. We just have to start jumping on teams early. We've always been a 2nd half team but against teams like Lebanon, Smyrna, and Riverdale, we have to put all 4 quarters together. I see so much potential in this team, but we haven't met the expectations. We're getting there, but not there yet and the seniors have to do a good job at keeping everyone poised because in the past, LaVergne has gotten overexcited and started thinking they were "the stuff". One game at a time.

LaVergne beats Antioch.

This should be a good game.

All the players know each other.

Antioch will not be taken lightly regardless of their record. They've played MBA, Riverdale, and Hunters Lane. 3 EXCELLENT teams.

Regardless of our record, we need to get better. Not talent wise, because the talent is there. We just have to start jumping on teams early. We've always been a 2nd half team but against teams like Lebanon, Smyrna, and Riverdale, we have to put all 4 quarters together. I see so much potential in this team, but we haven't met the expectations. We're getting there, but not there yet and the seniors have to do a good job at keeping everyone poised because in the past, LaVergne has gotten overexcited and started thinking they were "the stuff". One game at a time.

LaVergne beats Antioch.

That was a really good post!! You have got to play 4 Q's of ball to advance. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Your HC is a class act.

That was a really good post!! You have got to play 4 Q's of ball to advance. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. Your HC is a class act.

It is amazing how Antioch continues to get great talent from their feeder schools, but they never "pan out" when they get to the high school. To me this game comes down to coaching and LaVerge will win this game due to the lack their of at Antioch.

It is amazing how Antioch continues to get great talent from their feeder schools, but they never "pan out" when they get to the high school. To me this game comes down to coaching and LaVerge will win this game due to the lack their of at Antioch.

They don't pan out because they for alot of reasons. If they don't have the right attitude to work hard and stay focused on the right things they don't pan out. Most feeder programs have talent and nothing else and the players never get any bigger or better and don't pan out. Kids in middle school don't have the social life that high school kids have and get caught up in other things, other than football. Alot of high school kids don't respond to being told what to do and don't pan out. Self discipline is the key. Antioch's coaches are just as good as anyones.

They don't pan out because they for alot of reasons. If they don't have the right attitude to work hard and stay focused on the right things they don't pan out. Most feeder programs have talent and nothing else and the players never get any bigger or better and don't pan out. Kids in middle school don't have the social life that high school kids have and get caught up in other things, other than football. Alot of high school kids don't respond to being told what to do and don't pan out. Self discipline is the key. Antioch's coaches are just as good as anyones.

You sure get up early.