Page @ CAK

taylorcm7190

Looking forward to a rematch with Middle Tn refs next year.....mark it down!!!

so what your sayin is that the refs lost you the game. sorry to say my friend but i do believe that CAK was the more penalized team. so it wasnt the refs... sorry to bust ur bubble. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, you know better than to argue with Idiots they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! Everything was said on the field tonight. Page played hard, CAK played hard, it was a good game, no serious injuries. Look forward to seeing Page again next year in Knoxville. You all have a great coach, and a classy team, best of luck the rest of the season. Hope you all have a great run into the playoffs!

I would never "imply" that...it is a "free open zone"...right??? My question was "does any one pay to get into CAK school....note this...mercenary also means in the adjective sense "pay or pay for". Recruiting...now we all know that none of that is done in Knoxville sports.

IF Page agreed to come back next year...what kind of dumb arrangement is that???...wait a minute...it might be for some type of "pay"??? I guess I have underestimated our AD

Bulldog... I do believe you have struck a nerve.lol And yes, they do...how do you politically say it, as not to offend everyones ego? Well... You're just saying what everybody is afraid to mention around here! In a couple of yrs the way it's going, public school wont have a chance. and before you respond... God is watching! Call it like it is

CAK Fans ---

You have brought the dog out of the house and he is barking loudly.

My suggestion to all is to take your win and go on back to whatever it is you do on the wekends. Bulldog isn't going to back off or down to whatever you have to say or post. He knows how the sport/business of high school football works, he has been there as a parent of a player and a fan for many years, and as a study of the sport for many more.

This is coming from someone who has tried and failed more than once.

This is also coming from a fan of a Rival team with Page and not a friend of the family.

Bulldog... I do believe you have struck a nerve.lol And yes, they do...how do you politically say it, as not to offend everyones ego? Well... You're just saying what everybody is afraid to mention around here! In a couple of yrs the way it's going, public school wont have a chance. and before you respond... God is watching! Call it like it is

[/quote

With all due respect, you obviously don't understand the way the TSSAA works with respect to private schools. Someone on this board can speak to this in more detail than I can, but the basic outline (in part at least) is that CAK can not have any player that is receiving tuition assistance and play in division 1. Where our close neighbor Webb can offer tuition / scholarship money to kids, but they have to play division 2. Page has a great coach and I think their program is on the rise. Your team played hard, and they will improve as the year goes on as your coach continues to do what we know he is capable of. How many players do you have this year? Does this have any bearing on where your program is this year? Were the other teams you lost to this year division 2 (offering scholarships to players?) Were the refs crooked in your other games? Why would you assume a team and a program you haven't played before and know nothing about is cheating? How many private schools won state in division 1 last year?

People who do know and have followed CAK for several years know that other than the obvious (graduation, etc), the kids CAK is playing with are more or less the same kids that went 7 - 3 last yr (regular season). Many of these kids were seeing major playing time if not starting last year and some the previous year. This is reaping dividends right now. CAK has an offensive style that can be difficult for many teams to defend. It helps to equalize the decided size disadvantage that CAK has almost every week. If and when CAK loses this year, I hope that our fans will look at what OUR program can do to take a step to get to the next level instead of looking everywhere else to find the solution.

referees have nothing to do with how CAK ran over Page last night...as far as Bulldog's comment about whether CAK was established for academics or sports, consider the fact that CAK was founded 30 years ago yet has only fielded a TSSAA sanctioned football team for 7 years. No student with tuition assistance is allowed to play varsity sports. The talent in this senior class comes from the fact that CAK graduated only 7 seniors last year who played in only 11 of the 22 starting spots. Also consider that 5 of CAK's 10 regular season games last year were so lopsided by halftime that underclassmen backups finished out the game. The numbers increase between class results from the development of the middle school football program which began when this year's seniors were 8th graders.

With all due respect, you obviously don't understand the way the TSSAA works with respect to private schools. Someone on this board can speak to this in more detail than I can, but the basic outline (in part at least) is that CAK can not have any player that is receiving tuition assistance and play in division 1. Where our close neighbor Webb can offer tuition / scholarship money to kids, but they have to play division 2. Page has a great coach and I think their program is on the rise. Your team played hard, and they will improve as the year goes on as your coach continues to do what we know he is capable of. How many players do you have this year? Does this have any bearing on where your program is this year? Were the other teams you lost to this year division 2 (offering scholarships to players?) Were the refs crooked in your other games? Why would you assume a team and a program you haven't played before and know nothing about is cheating? How many private schools won state in division 1 last year?

People who do know and have followed CAK for several years know that other than the obvious (graduation, etc), the kids CAK is playing with are more or less the same kids that went 7 - 3 last yr (regular season). Many of these kids were seeing major playing time if not starting last year and some the previous year. This is reaping dividends right now. CAK has an offensive style that can be difficult for many teams to defend. It helps to equalize the decided size disadvantage that CAK has almost every week. If and when CAK loses this year, I hope that our fans will look at what OUR program can do to take a step to get to the next level instead of looking everywhere else to find the solution.

This is true, the TSSAA does not allow ANY kind of scholarship aid for anyone playing HS sports at a Div. 1 private school.

Also

I have to say that of all the Page fans that i met, they were all very kind! Thanks for coming out and I can't wait to see the rematch next year! Good job on the win CAK!

Well...listened to Faux/MTV/E news...I mean the CAK propaganda/sports team broadcast tonight....nice bunch of "homers" you got there and how many daddies are on the broadcast team?? First of all. Page is from Franklin, Tn...NOT Franklin County which is 65 miles from here...and secondly for those "announcers"...Neel has been a 2 yr starter at QB and has been injured...don't worry though..I understand...when you are speaking the "company line"....why do responsible and accurate reports matter???? I am the first to say that the Home broadcast team should be in favor for the "home boys"....but those guys reek so bad.

CAK mercenaries win over Page 34-9.....13-9 at the half...Page QB got hurt...Neel took over....in my opinion makes Page very dangerous going into region play.

CAK has good athletes...18 good srs...which is very big for a 2a??? school....

Looking forward to a rematch with Middle Tn refs next year.....mark it down!!!

For those "enthusiastic" CAK fans, you have a good team....but I will be the first to tell you that a state championship "DEFINITELY" is not there for this year.....otherwise good luck and have a good open season on obtaining replacements for your graduating mercenaries. Bulldog has spoken....what a year difference will make...wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.......This was taken in context from specifically a "Page" point of view and is intended to only partially balance the verbiage that is coming forth!

Bullfrog: Since you hate everybody's broadcast team and call them ridiculous and homers, Perhaps the fine Multi-media group at Page should put together a radio broadcast of their games. I'm sure Coach Daniels would support that effort. From what I have been able to see...That group does a pretty good job technical wise. (have you ever heard their announcer) The Lipscomb group would be happy to show you how its done. You could either buy time on WAKM or the Spanish radio station and sell ads to pay for the airtime or you could air the game over the internet. Best of all you could be the play by play guy or if not, you could train them to meet your specs and standards.

From a Page prospective, some calls my have been missed, but nothing that would have kept CAK from their W. Page had some injuries proir and during the game that effected their play. I have mostly positive things to say about CAK's program and players, most noted, their prayers for Page players down on the field - an impressive and classy act. However, I was a little frustrated with their CAK's coaches leaving in their starters with Page playing 2nd and 3rd string towards the middle of the 4th quarter. Nevertheless, great effort by both teams, and good luck to them as they continue their season.