Cascade Win over McEwen

homecooken

It is 1:15 a.m. Just got home from a game where Cascade had 11 players on the field and McEwen had 11+6 stripes....McEwen openly taunted Cascade, a McEwen player kept getting at Cascade's huddle, a Cascade player was tackled in the endzone going for a pass before the ball got to him, the McEwen Chain Gang was cussing the Cascade parents and then, to top it off, after Cascade pulls out a win after having TWO touchdowns called back, flags thrown after the fact, numerous clips and holds and facemasks that were gone uncalled....it just got worse. Coach Parker had drinks and fruit for the players at the bus after they got their clothes changed to get ready for the two hour bus ride home. Some boys were still in the locker room. ALL THE LIGHTS WERE TURNED OUT AT THE STADIUM AND THE MCEWEN COACH PULLED UP TO COACH PARKER AND TOLD HIM THAT CASCADE NEEDS TO ***LEAVE. Coach Parker told the coach that he would NEVER turn the lights out on a team, and he didn't appreciate it, and again the McEwen coach restated what he had said earlier and told Coach Parker to shut up and get out! So, the score might have looked close, but keep in mind that two touchdowns were wrongfully called back and there is a dvd to prove it, and anything that could be called on Cascade was, and very little was called on McEwen. When a defense is openly taunting the offense with 6 officials watching and not saying anything, it is absurd.....Cascade showed alot of class and didn't lose their cool with the late hits and bad calls and just kept hammering the plays out to pull out a win. I THANK GOD that my son is a senior and that I never have to go to that po dunk town again.... When you have the chain gang,(who is part of the officiating crew when doing that job) is threatening parents on the sidelines(openly cussing) and wanting meetings in parking lots, the game is out of hand and the officials for tonights game should never be allowed on a field again. You know it is bad when you leave a game that you won and are upset with the game. It is hard enough to win a game, but when you have to fight for EVERY PLAY hoping they won't throw another flag for something you didn't do, it is a sad night. Anyway, the boys came through and prevailed, despite McEwen and their officials. Way to hang in there Cascade. It wasn't pretty, but it is still a win! And the McEwen coach really needs to examine his actions. What he did tonight was unprofessional, unethical and unneeded. Nobody was bothering anybody, the boys were just trying to get some fluids and fruit before heading home. Cascade will play you tough on the field, but they won't run you out of town by turning the lights off. That coach should be punished for what was said in front of parents, the coaching staff, children and players. He can go cry in a corner all he wants to, but to show out in the middle of 100+ Cascade people was not a smart move to make. Good thing he was on his little golf cart and could make a getaway! Go Champs!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't comment on what happened after the game with the lights as I was long gone, but don't come on here and paint a picture of Cascade being "angels". There was alot of jawing and taunting going on both ways. I guess you missed that go ahead touchdown by Cascade when the RB waited for the DB to get up and taunted all the way around him. I will agree with you the pass into the corner of the endzone should have been called for interference, but it did not change the fact you still got a touchdown out of the drive. You guys seemed to be taking late shots all night on the quarterback. If I was an official I would have tossed #8 when he yanked his helmet off and was jawing at the officials.....good thing the coach got him to the sidelines and straightened him out. When your watching the DVD about how bad the officiating is make sure to catch the hold on the counter where ya got the 70 yard run. You will find it, holes that big that were not there all night generally are there for a reason in the middle.

Overall, was a good physical game and Cascade has some huge players, but they are not ready to overthrow the Red Devils yet. Just because you did not blow McEwen out like you thought you would do not say the officiating was the reason. Both teams moved the ball well and had long time consuming drives. Give some credit to McEwen for making a game out of this since they do have a decent team.

I can't comment on what happened after the game with the lights as I was long gone, but don't come on here and paint a picture of Cascade being "angels". There was alot of jawing and taunting going on both ways. I guess you missed that go ahead touchdown by Cascade when the RB waited for the DB to get up and taunted all the way around him. I will agree with you the pass into the corner of the endzone should have been called for interference, but it did not change the fact you still got a touchdown out of the drive. You guys seemed to be taking late shots all night on the quarterback. If I was an official I would have tossed #8 when he yanked his helmet off and was jawing at the officials.....good thing the coach got him to the sidelines and straightened him out. When your watching the DVD about how bad the officiating is make sure to catch the hold on the counter where ya got the 70 yard run. You will find it, holes that big that were not there all night generally are there for a reason in the middle.

Overall, was a good physical game and Cascade has some huge players, but they are not ready to overthrow the Red Devils yet. Just because you did not blow McEwen out like you thought you would do not say the officiating was the reason. Both teams moved the ball well and had long time consuming drives. Give some credit to McEwen for making a game out of this since they do have a decent team.

I had already left before the stuff happened with the McEwen coach, so I want refer to that either. Yes, there were several questionable calls and in my opinion most went against us. I don't think there was any bias on the part of the officials, I think it was just incompetence. At any rate, I didn't think we played as well as we could or should and I think McEwen has a solid football team that will have a say in the playoff picture this season. That was not number 8 that pulled his helmet off after the terrible pass interference call which kept your touchdown drive alive. You are correct, the kid shouldn't of pulled his helmet off, and he was told that when he got to the sideline, but I didn't want you fingering the wrong kid. You are also correct, the jawing after the touchdown was uncalled for. We don't normally see those types of actions by these kids and I contribute it to some of the things that we referred to from an officiating standpoint. It gets very frustrating when you continually stop drives only to have one of those guys throw that yellow hanky at what were at best VERY questionable calls. I know there were at least two pass interference calls on 3rd and long that were incorrect. The one called on number 7 was an uncatchable ball and the other one called on number 8 was terrible. Good luck to your team hopefully this will all be water under the bridge the next time these teams meet.

It is 1:15 a.m. Just got home from a game where Cascade had 11 players on the field and McEwen had 11+6 stripes....McEwen openly taunted Cascade, a McEwen player kept getting at Cascade's huddle, a Cascade player was tackled in the endzone going for a pass before the ball got to him, the McEwen Chain Gang was cussing the Cascade parents and then, to top it off, after Cascade pulls out a win after having TWO touchdowns called back, flags thrown after the fact, numerous clips and holds and facemasks that were gone uncalled....it just got worse. Coach Parker had drinks and fruit for the players at the bus after they got their clothes changed to get ready for the two hour bus ride home. Some boys were still in the locker room. ALL THE LIGHTS WERE TURNED OUT AT THE STADIUM AND THE MCEWEN COACH PULLED UP TO COACH PARKER AND TOLD HIM THAT CASCADE NEEDS TO ***LEAVE. Coach Parker told the coach that he would NEVER turn the lights out on a team, and he didn't appreciate it, and again the McEwen coach restated what he had said earlier and told Coach Parker to shut up and get out! So, the score might have looked close, but keep in mind that two touchdowns were wrongfully called back and there is a dvd to prove it, and anything that could be called on Cascade was, and very little was called on McEwen. When a defense is openly taunting the offense with 6 officials watching and not saying anything, it is absurd.....Cascade showed alot of class and didn't lose their cool with the late hits and bad calls and just kept hammering the plays out to pull out a win. I THANK GOD that my son is a senior and that I never have to go to that po dunk town again.... When you have the chain gang,(who is part of the officiating crew when doing that job) is threatening parents on the sidelines(openly cussing) and wanting meetings in parking lots, the game is out of hand and the officials for tonights game should never be allowed on a field again. You know it is bad when you leave a game that you won and are upset with the game. It is hard enough to win a game, but when you have to fight for EVERY PLAY hoping they won't throw another flag for something you didn't do, it is a sad night. Anyway, the boys came through and prevailed, despite McEwen and their officials. Way to hang in there Cascade. It wasn't pretty, but it is still a win! And the McEwen coach really needs to examine his actions. What he did tonight was unprofessional, unethical and unneeded. Nobody was bothering anybody, the boys were just trying to get some fluids and fruit before heading home. Cascade will play you tough on the field, but they won't run you out of town by turning the lights off. That coach should be punished for what was said in front of parents, the coaching staff, children and players. He can go cry in a corner all he wants to, but to show out in the middle of 100+ Cascade people was not a smart move to make. Good thing he was on his little golf cart and could make a getaway! Go Champs!

that is th biggest bunch of crap i have ever heard so you are telling me coach nolan the most religious coach in the world did that thats funny but i'll tell you what i'm posting the whole game in three parts on you tube its funny you say all the calls were bad grow up Cascade has a good team but don't put ours down to make it sound better

I had already left before the stuff happened with the McEwen coach, so I want refer to that either. Yes, there were several questionable calls and in my opinion most went against us. I don't think there was any bias on the part of the officials, I think it was just incompetence. At any rate, I didn't think we played as well as we could or should and I think McEwen has a solid football team that will have a say in the playoff picture this season. That was not number 8 that pulled his helmet off after the terrible pass interference call which kept your touchdown drive alive. You are correct, the kid shouldn't of pulled his helmet off, and he was told that when he got to the sideline, but I didn't want you fingering the wrong kid. You are also correct, the jawing after the touchdown was uncalled for. We don't normally see those types of actions by these kids and I contribute it to some of the things that we referred to from an officiating standpoint. It gets very frustrating when you continually stop drives only to have one of those guys throw that yellow hanky at what were at best VERY questionable calls. I know there were at least two pass interference calls on 3rd and long that were incorrect. The one called on number 7 was an uncatchable ball and the other one called on number 8 was terrible. Good luck to your team hopefully this will all be water under the bridge the next time these teams meet.

the ball threw that was called on number 7 would of been uncatchable but he was tripped before the ball got to them i re watched this game 5 time already we lost and a thats the ending

that is th biggest bunch of crap i have ever heard so you are telling me coach nolan the most religious coach in the world did that thats funny but i'll tell you what i'm posting the whole game in three parts on you tube its funny you say all the calls were bad grow up Cascade has a good team but don't put ours down to make it sound better

Like I said, Rus, I had already left and don't know anything about this. My son rode the bus home, so I'll ask him about it later. At any rate, it really served no good purpose to bring that stuff up on here no matter what happened. That post was made last night late and probably should of been made this morning after things cooled off. Sorry

I did not put down the McEwen team, other than the taunting, but the OFFICIALS should have stopped it on BOTH sides. My problem is with the coach and leaving a hundred people in the dark and being rude about it. And, yes, lights are nice when you have to sign out your kid off a clipboard so you can take him home. Thank God we had cell phones to use as light. McEwen came to play ball and that was obvious. Cascade was flat. No argument there either. But, the officials blew this game and missed several clalls and a facemask that was clear. Other than the coach doing what he did, my main post is about the Officials letting things happen that were uncalled for. I am not taking ANYTHING away from the players. McEwen is solid, and Cascade was not on their game. If I was playing and the officials are letting me do anything I want to do, I would do it too. Not slamming on the players, just the coach and officials. Had 5 hours sleep. Life is better.