Lookout Valley @ South Pittsburg

jadguitar06

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want you to realize that DB should not be a benckmark for how good LV's passing game is. I didn't see much passing in the East Ridge game. What are his stats for the year?

Mr. Zonepirate, one question. Have you even seen DB play this year? Just curious. You seem to know a lot about them.

I just want you to realize that DB should not be a benckmark for how good LV's passing game is. I didn't see much passing in the East Ridge game. What are his stats for the year?

I understand what you are saying zone. But this kid is really stepped up his game. He has at 75%+ of his passes completed, for around 250 yds. And the big pass against Bledsoe. Im impressed by how hard he and the recievers have worked to make our offense more diverse.

Mr. Zonepirate, one question. Have you even seen DB play this year? Just curious. You seem to know a lot about them.

David Brainerd came out like a team on a mission last week. They may suprise a team(Whitwell) this year. Our depth caught up with them though.

I'm taking South Pittsburg in this one by a good bit. Lookout Valley is improved. As was said on here earlier they are a much better team than they were a few years ago when they were homecoming fodder for other teams. They have made vast improvements. There is excitement and participation like they haven't had. At least not that I have seen in the past. At the same time many people expected this game to be close a year ago. But South Pittsburg opened up the dance with fireworks. They had LV down by 20-some odd points 2 minutes into the game and LV never really recovered. They had to come out of their gameplan and play catch up all night and it just never worked out for them. I don't see this game being near as bad as the blowout from last year but I do see the Pirates finishing this one off with a nice sized lead. No mercy rule in this one as some people may be thinking though. By the way, did anyone like seeing the way the Mercy Rule worked this past Friday?

I think it will be close. You will be suprised by the Jacket D this Friday

I think both teams will light up the scoreboard...South Pitt's a great program, but so is Lookout Valley..I'm calling an upset...LV 45 SP 42...GO GET'EM JACKETS!!!

I love the enthusiasm buddy!

I watched the LV-DB game and we also scrimmaged your Jr High team. Got to meet some of the coaches and saw Coach Suttles' offensive schemes first hand although it was on the Jr High level (he was helping the Jr High coaches). I actually think DB has some talent and will win a couple of games this year (CB and Temple are my guesses). I don't think they will challenge for a spot in the playoffs for a few years without getting some transfers. DB's Jr high could not play with us so more talent has to come in to be able to build a competitive team

I understand what you are saying zone. But this kid is really stepped up his game. He has at 75%+ of his passes completed, for around 250 yds. And the big pass against Bledsoe. Im impressed by how hard he and the recievers have worked to make our offense more diverse.David Brainerd came out like a team on a mission last week. They may suprise a team(Whitwell) this year. Our depth caught up with them though.

Actually DB didn't look too bad against LV. They will get better. I have seen all 3 LV games and sorry but I just don't see the big threat potential in the passing game. I hope the coaches haven't been holding out just to spring it on us. LV didn't look very good against Bledsoe, ya'll were lucky to win that one. The big pass against Bledsoe was a result of poor coverage. He throws the short stuff OK. Keep in mind we scored 20 points against Bledsoe in one quarter in the jamboree. They are not a great defensive team. Another thing I have noticed is even though Skruggs is a good runner he doesn't like to block for the other running backs. That will cost LV some games. Fortunately our RB's have improved their blocking a great deal since last year. I think LV will be up for this game and it will be tough.

The young lads from jadguitar's jacket squad will be ready to play. These young lads are apparently a good team. They looked pretty good in the jamboree. SP looked good in the jamboree and again in the 2nd half 2 weeks ago when they made purplegrad and Marion County bow down. As for this game, I may come to this one. I suspect SP will make Lookout Valley bow down in this one, but you never know.

By the way, did anyone like seeing the way the Mercy Rule worked this past Friday?

Even though Temple got smoked 52-0 by Whitwell Friday night and went to the half 40-0, I hated the mercy rule. I already mentioned in another thread that I did not make it up for the game but have heard enough about it to not like it, at all. Let the kids play. Most of the other coaches in our region are classy enough to pull off the dogs when they get a good lead. I cannot speak for other regions, though.