Lookout Valley @ South Pittsburg

jadguitar06

It's obvious you haven't seen SPitt play this year.

Lookout Valley is a much better team than they have been in the past but it's still not enough. SPitt has too many weapons. SPitt by a bunch.

Sorry to hear about Kartrez... he's a heck-of-a player... I wish him well as he recovers...

Old Pirate says, the Pirate Nation appreciates PurpleGrad's supportive words. This team has not nearly reached it's full potential, but still a work in progress.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember...last week was against David Brainerd

Yeah really, who is David Brainerd? No disrespect, I just dont remember hearing of them being a powerhouse team. The Pirates on the other hand is always in the running, and known as a powerhouse team. To compare them is sort of an insult. I dont think its a good idea to insult a powerhouse team. They will work harder to embarrass you for doing it. Call the dogs of a little later in the game. If you know what I mean.

SP will score quick and often. They are my pick for region champs. Can you say 10-0?

I dont have a dog in this fight but I got me a banjo picker at SP I think highly of. Dont go on river trips with him. But I like his picking.

The Pirates need to enjoy their weekend and get to business on Monday. Lookout Valley thinks they've got themselves a football team and from the look of things they just may. They are definately not a team to take lightly unless the Pirates want a repeat of the Temple game last year. The Pirates have never lost to LV on the field but then they hadn't lost the Temple either. LV has more players than they have in a long long time.

SP should win this game, but they better not think all they have to do is throw their helmets on the field. I'm not convinced yet the Pirates can stop a good passing team. This may be a test for them. I'm sure LV is interested in the first half of the Jasper game.

The Old SP coach has nothing to do with it. He coaches the Middle School team. And they arent exactly turning things around. Trust me the reason LV has turned their program around was because everyone on that team wastired of being 0-10. They made a commitment to work hard for each other, and earn some respect. The turn around came from tons of offseason work on the field and in the weight room. Not from an old SP coach who doesnt really even coach the high school.

FC...at least spell it correctly P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G.....

What can i say? I go to UT, spelling is for other colleges.

It's obvious you haven't seen SPitt play this year.

Lookout Valley is a much better team than they have been in the past but it's still not enough. SPitt has too many weapons. SPitt by a bunch.

I've seen South P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G play two years ago, and last year and from what i am told they have graduated less than ten people combined from both years. So while i haven't seen them this year, i think i'm allowed to say that i have a general idea about them.

There is no question that Lookout Valley is an improved team over last year. The only problem is that South Pittsburg is also much improved over last year. From what I remember from SP posters, SP has added an improved passing game and it sounds like Robinson has stepped up as a leader on the team. South Pittsburg needs some competition to keep them sharp for their playoff run this year and it looks like right now that Lookout Valley may give it to them.

Scruggs is quite an athlete but I have to say that Lookout Valley may be outgunned on the ground in this one. (But do not listen to me, the only pick I got right last week was SP/CB )

I'm taking South Pittsburg in this one by a good bit. Lookout Valley is improved. As was said on here earlier they are a much better team than they were a few years ago when they were homecoming fodder for other teams. They have made vast improvements. There is excitement and participation like they haven't had. At least not that I have seen in the past.

At the same time many people expected this game to be close a year ago. But South Pittsburg opened up the dance with fireworks. They had LV down by 20-some odd points 2 minutes into the game and LV never really recovered. They had to come out of their gameplan and play catch up all night and it just never worked out for them. I don't see this game being near as bad as the blowout from last year but I do see the Pirates finishing this one off with a nice sized lead. No mercy rule in this one as some people may be thinking though.

By the way, did anyone like seeing the way the Mercy Rule worked this past Friday?