Mckenzie vs. Trenton

Bethels1fan

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final was 34-24 Trenton. Very good game with both teams trading scores. McKenzie really shot themselves in the foot right before half and coming out in the second half. 2 balls that should have been caught right at the half and McKenzie possibly goes in at the half winning. Then coming out on opening kickoff we fumble the ball. Trenton recovers and then we get a 15 yd unsportsmanlike for spiking the ball out of frustration. You have to keep your head guys.

But very much a trading score fest. As I thought, 7 beat us on his runs to the outside and he made a couple of very good 3 and long passes. He did not find much room up the middle.

Trenton has a very solid football team.

Final was 34-24 Trenton. Very good game with both teams trading scores. McKenzie really shot themselves in the foot right before half and coming out in the second half. 2 balls that should have been caught right at the half and McKenzie possibly goes in at the half winning. Then coming out on opening kickoff we fumble the ball. Trenton recovers and then we get a 15 yd unsportsmanlike for spiking the ball out of frustration. You have to keep your head guys.

But very much a trading score fest. As I thought, 7 beat us on his runs to the outside and he made a couple of very good 3 and long passes. He did not find much room up the middle.

Trenton has a very solid football team.

I'm pretty well pleased with the Rebels game tonight. That was as hard hitting game as I've seen in a while too. McKenzie played well enough to win it but, some mistakes (dropped passes, missed tackles, etc.) killed us in the end. It was still 27-24 and under 4 minutes to play and we had the ball. Droppd passes right in the hands of the receivers stopped us that time. Passes we have caught all night in the first two games and most of them weren't caused by Trenton's defense either. Ther is no doubt in my mind the receivers will get a workout this coming week. But, in all fairness, they made some awesome catches too so.................

I'm sure the Rebels will bounce back from this one and use what they learned tonight and come out kicking the rest of the season!!!! It was a much closer contested game than the score indicates.

And for a fact, Trenton will also hurt a lot of feelings this season!!!!!!!! Very good football team. If I understood the announcer correctly, tonights game will be on WLJT-TV (Ch. 11 here in McKenzie) and ya'll can all see for yourself how tough this game was for both teams.

Thankfully, I don't guess I personally have any crow to eat since I never picked a winner!!!!There are a couple who may be joining you tonigth but, the Rebels put on a good showing tonight and could have just as easily come away with the W. The score is definitely NOT indicative of the game. This game tonight was one of the best games I've seen in recent seasons and that is the main reason the score really upsets me. All the rest of the world will see is the final score and that just stinks IMHO!!!!

Even though it's supposed to be on WLJT tomorrow night most feel that the final score is all they need to assess this game!!! It doesn't really matter though. Mistakes, dropped passes and refs aside, the Rebels can play with the big dogs in Class A!!!

On the way to the game tonight we were listening to ESPN radio and in talking about our game, they finally said when a good class A team is playing a good class AA team, you take the class AA team to win. That was (for most of the night) a questionable comment!!!!

I'm pretty well pleased with the Rebels game tonight. That was as hard hitting game as I've seen in a while too. McKenzie played well enough to win it but, some mistakes (dropped passes, missed tackles, etc.) killed us in the end. It was still 27-24 and under 4 minutes to play and we had the ball. Droppd passes right in the hands of the receivers stopped us that time. Passes we have caught all night in the first two games and most of them weren't caused by Trenton's defense either. Ther is no doubt in my mind the receivers will get a workout this coming week. But, in all fairness, they made some awesome catches too so.................

I'm sure the Rebels will bounce back from this one and use what they learned tonight and come out kicking the rest of the season!!!! It was a much closer contested game than the score indicates.

And for a fact, Trenton will also hurt a lot of feelings this season!!!!!!!! Very good football team. If I understood the announcer correctly, tonights game will be on WLJT-TV (Ch. 11 here in McKenzie) and ya'll can all see for yourself how tough this game was for both teams.

I agree Duck. I think we gave a great effort tonight and the kids have nothing to hang their heads about. There were some great licke also. Kudos to Rusty Chapman!! He got labeled a couple of times and got right back up.

Another thing I saw was some leadership when we were not doing our job. Reeder and Carr really gave some intense coaching when a couple of people missed their blocks. That is always good to see.

Anyway, put this one behind us and lets get ready for next week. Union City up next!

Thankfully, I don't guess I personally have any crow to eat since I never picked a winner!!!!There are a couple who may be joining you tonigth but, the Rebels put on a good showing tonight and could have just as easily come away with the W. The score is definitely NOT indicative of the game. This game tonight was one of the best games I've seen in recent seasons and that is the main reason the score really upsets me. All the rest of the world will see is the final score and that just stinks IMHO!!!!

Even though it's supposed to be on WLJT tomorrow night most feel that the final score is all they need to assess this game!!! It doesn't really matter though. Mistakes, dropped passes and refs aside, the Rebels can play with the big dogs in Class A!!!

On the way to the game tonight we were listening to ESPN radio and in talking about our game, they finally said when a good class A team is playing a good class AA team, you take the class AA team to win. That was (for most of the night) a questionable comment!!!!

I don't think you have to worry so much about the score of the game...Most people had McKenzie losing the game by 10 or more anyway......Peabody is a tough team......I think the talking heads on the radio show are right....When you have a really good AA team playing a really good A team,the AA team is favored and will pretty much win every time....McKenzie gave a good showing of themselves and proved they will be a force to be reckoned with in 1A ball the rest of the season..If they stay away from major injuries to one or two key players they have a shot at getting to Murfreesboro....I actually think this game was more impressive for the Rebels than the two blowout wins they had to open the season....

Well Son of A ............. There goes the Undefeated Season I was hoping for. Well might as well trash it all. Sell the field, the uniforms and such. All the New Renovations and all. Just trash it.....

Now on a brighter side. All you can ask for In a Game your Predicted to lose is a chance.

And boy with less than 3 minutes left in the Fourth Quarter we had it. Trenton hadn't really found an answer for us and we hadn't one for them. But we had a Chance. And Son of A.................... we blew it.

Congratulations to a Talented Trenton Team and good Luck with Westview.

Now on to the Future. It's those Son Of A ...................es From Union City. Good Luck Rebels!!!

I know I would't wanna be at practice this week. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What all are they doing to the stadium as far as renovations go??......If I'm not mistaken Union City and McKenzie have a JV game scheduled for Monday nite in McKenzie,so i'll get to go to McKenzie twice this week....

too much of McKenzie could be a BADDDD thing lol... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

too much of McKenzie could be a BADDDD thing lol... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm not worried if I have to go to McKenzie every day next week.....This appears to be McKenzie's time,we have had ours and we will again...The atmosphere at McKenzie will be great Friday nite and that's what it's all about...I predicted early on for UC to have an 8-2 season and second place behind the Rebels and I think a bunch of schools would be happy with that(I'm sure Gibson County would be ecstatic)but it will obviously be tough to go into McKenzie and get a win,especially the way our defense is playing right now....But they don't hand out W's on paper or a web-site,you have to go out and perform and with 14-18 year old kids you never know what you will get from game to game,heck from day to day for that matter......It's been three or four years since I saw a game at McKenzie,so I'm looking forward to the trip.....However many times I got to go... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />