Brighton @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

How about it, Brighton fans? Covington comes into this game 1-2 on the year, and not up to our usual standard of play, at least so far. Brighton is 0 for history against the Chargers, having never won a game against us.

I hear every year that "this is the year that Brighton finally beats Covington". Well, if you are ever going to beat us, you need to do it now. We are learning our new offensive system, and getting settled in with our new coach, and this team is still very rough around the edges. I think that you will probably be favored Friday night.

What say you?

I've only seen 1 or 2 Brighton fans on CoachT, so you're probably right. But from what I know about Brighton, they will be a tough foe this year. We (Henry County) have to go down there this year, I think week 7 or week 8.

You are probably right about only a few posters. They have not been playing football very long.

Per Sonny Moore's ratings - Covington by 6.5 + 3 for home field advantage = 9.5

Per Earl Nall's ratings - Covington by 6.6 points (plus 3 for home field, I assume) = 9.6 points

It is interesting that both systems show Covington with about the same spread, on paper. But, we play the games on the field, not on paper, so let's see what happens Friday night.

Per Sonny Moore's ratings - Covington by 6.5 + 3 for home field advantage = 9.5

Per Earl Nall's ratings - Covington by 6.6 points (plus 3 for home field, I assume) = 9.6 points

It is interesting that both systems show Covington with about the same spread, on paper. But, we play the games on the field, not on paper, so let's see what happens Friday night.

Brighton will need to get a big game from the offensive line if they want to win. Deundre Williams is the offense. If Brighton jumps out in front early, they will have a chance,but usually they dont play that well from behind. Should be a good one.

Brighton will need to get a big game from the offensive line if they want to win. Deundre Williams is the offense. If Brighton jumps out in front early, they will have a chance,but usually they dont play that well from behind. Should be a good one.

I noticed in the jamboree that Williams appears tall and skinny. Do you know his height and weight?

Brighton 20 - Covington 19

This was the year that Brighton finally got us. Congratulations.

This was a good clean game, and extra points provided the winning margin. Brighton converted 2 of 3 kicks, while Covington missed 2 of 3. If we have known that the second half would be scoreless, then we would have gone for 2 just prior to halftime when we scored our third TD.

Brighton had to win one eventually, and the Williams kid was the main reason. We had a hard time stopping him all night.

Brighton 20 - Covington 19

This was the year that Brighton finally got us. Congratulations.

This was a good clean game, and extra points provided the winning margin. Brighton converted 2 of 3 kicks, while Covington missed 2 of 3. If we have known that the second half would be scoreless, then we would have gone for 2 just prior to halftime when we scored our third TD.

Brighton had to win one eventually, and the Williams kid was the main reason. We had a hard time stopping him all night.

Good game by both teams. Kicking game was a huge factor, Brighton's defense stepped up in big in the second half. Brighton had a realy long possesion in the 3rd and 4th quarter that ate up alot of clock. Williams is a tough back and going into the game led the memphis metro area in rushing yards averaging just over 200 yards per game.

Fun game to be at with all the fans and excitement. Glad i was there to see it. Finally!!!!