FridayMainEvent

Pick the Winner  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cascade11:Shelbyville doesn't own Nick Batts anything. They supported him for the past three years and helped develop him into the fine athlete he is. Remember, he chose to leave Shelbyville (for what ever reason), Shelbyville didn't leave him!!!!

Your typo speaks volumes: "Shelbyville doesn't own Nick Batts"..... I don't think Nick or anyone else is asking "Shelbyville" for anything. The only thing that has been requested of Shelbyville's principal is to end his pig-headed stance and allow this kid to try and better himself through his God-given ability to play sports. Ask yourself, "What is to be gained other than bad publicity by being so stubborn and not writing a release letter to the TSSAA." I'll answer that for you, absolutely nothing! I hate that you folks from Shelbyville are always worried you may be shown up be the little single A county school. The sooner you realize this isn't a Cascade vs. Shelbyville issue the better off you'll be. The ONLY issue here is your principals unwillingness to do for this kid what many other principals have done for kids who chose to attend your school. I could care less how many of you folks in town get your tail feathers ruffled over a few comments about your principal. If he had handled this more professionally, we wouldn't be discussing it now.

Cascade11:

Shelbyville doesn't own Nick Batts anything. They supported him for the past three years and helped develop him into the fine athlete he is. Remember, he chose to leave Shelbyville (for what ever reason), Shelbyville didn't leave him!!!!

... and Nick doesnt owe shelbyville anything either it's not lie they gave him a scholarship to o their and play football and get a free education high schol sports is supposed to be about the luck of the draw you go to school where you are zoned. it took no effort by anybody at Shelbyvill e to get Nick their he lived in the zone. NOW he lives in Cascade's zone so he should be able to play for Cascade. as long as he legitimately lives in their zone he is/should be eligible to play I dont understand what the hold up is. I dont even see why anyody at shelbyville should have to write a letter. what is that going to prove. just check the address

Cascade11:

Shelbyville doesn't own Nick Batts anything. They supported him for the past three years and helped develop him into the fine athlete he is. Remember, he chose to leave Shelbyville (for what ever reason), Shelbyville didn't leave him!!!!

This person could possibly be Principal Embrey in disguise......New account and look at that name.....

... and Nick doesnt owe shelbyville anything either it's not lie they gave him a scholarship to o their and play football and get a free education high schol sports is supposed to be about the luck of the draw you go to school where you are zoned. it took no effort by anybody at Shelbyvill e to get Nick their he lived in the zone. NOW he lives in Cascade's zone so he should be able to play for Cascade. as long as he legitimately lives in their zone he is/should be eligible to play I dont understand what the hold up is. I dont even see why anyody at shelbyville should have to write a letter. what is that going to prove. just check the address

After reading your last post about the address thing, from what I have come to understand with these rules a signature or a letter from the other principal shouldnt have to be written. If he has moved and changed to Cascade zoning he should be elgible to play. I wonder what the hold up is? Could someone from Shelbyville be keeping him from playing by saying something to the TSSAA? I find this really odd that this is still a problem. Its little ol Cascade why would Shelbyville be worried about the success Cascade is having? Just let the kid play, he will make our team much more talented but either way him playing or not we will make the playoffs so once again Cascade has and will have the better football season. Who cares though we should all be supporting all the schools in our county not hurting them. I am still bitter to know all the players that Shelbyville has gotten over the years and they make a stink about this??? It makes no sense to me. Grow up and let the kid play.

After reading your last post about the address thing, from what I have come to understand with these rules a signature or a letter from the other principal shouldnt have to be written. If he has moved and changed to Cascade zoning he should be elgible to play. I wonder what the hold up is? Could someone from Shelbyville be keeping him from playing by saying something to the TSSAA? I find this really odd that this is still a problem. Its little ol Cascade why would Shelbyville be worried about the success Cascade is having? Just let the kid play, he will make our team much more talented but either way him playing or not we will make the playoffs so once again Cascade has and will have the better football season. Who cares though we should all be supporting all the schools in our county not hurting them. I am still bitter to know all the players that Shelbyville has gotten over the years and they make a stink about this??? It makes no sense to me. Grow up and let the kid play.

There is definitely more to it, Trey. I spoke with someone "in-the-know" on our faculty at the Soccer game yesterday and he said he couldn't comment on it. That told me there was something going on that we aren't privy to.

51AFBFan, you said yourself that Nick was told even by the Cascade administration that it would be hard for him to be eligible if he transferred. He was IMPLORED by many people at Shelbyville who really care about him as a young man first, not just for his talent, to stay put and not throw away his senior year of eligibility. So why would he insist on going ahead anyway-there is definitely more to this- why would you insist on going ahead when everyone tells you UP FRONT that what you are doing is wrong and against the rules of your association and you will have to face the consequences. Don't blame Don Embry - he is only doing what is required of him by TSSAA rules and regs. Also, he was not the principal in years gone by at SCHS; whatever you THINK happened in the past, is just that, in the past, whether true or not - and it is only being brought up to now try and somehow justify this unfortunate situation.

No one from Shelbyville is whining about Nick leaving nor harbors ill will towards him, although many were very disappointed in his decision making. I doubt very seriously if anyone from Shelbyville would even have come on this forum about Cascade, if not for some of you all putting down the school or bashing Mr. Embry. A poor decision was made and now the consequences must be faced and it is very sad-just a shame!

I don't think it is fair to publicly delve in to this young man's personal family situation either and there is no way that this situation can be compared to that of Kelby Sanders. Just ask Nick's sister who attends Shelbyville.

By the way Cascade 11, no one, and I mean no one I know from Shelbyville is even a tad bit jealous of Cascade -that's just plain funny! You just keep on living in your delusional fantasy world. It is not the fault of the kids who are playing at Shelbyville that the program got in to the shape it did but we still have pride in our school and it's winning traditions and do you seriously think anyone is afraid of Cascade-good grief-what a dumb thing to think, much less say out loud! We have a long road ahead but are on the right track with a great new coaching staff. Whoever said it was right about one thing, Nick did not see eye to eye with the coaches, because they apparently did not give him enough of the individual kudos he felt he deserved. Since when did a high school coaching staff need to bow to the whims of a student, anyway? What would that be teaching our kids? That doesn't sound like wanting to be part of a team effort to me, nor does forsaking your lifelong friends and teammates and as far as getting beat up every week, isn't that a part of football ? How many runningbacks expect to run from sideline to sideline and then downfield unscathed?

HOMECOOKEN, seriously, where do you get off saying that Nick wanted to go where they play like a team and strive for a winning season and then say you don't mean to disrespect the Shelbyville players. Give me a break. Rebuilding the Shelbyville program is all about a team effort and believe it or not, a good scout knows a talent whether they are playing for a winning program or a losing one. Are you all also saying that no one from Shelbyville is worthy of being recruited and that no scouts are there to look at any of these players? Get real! You are wrong again. Scouts are more interested in the individual than the team record; at least that is what they tell me. Often times, mediocrity is overshadowed by weak competition and a winning record. Real talent and character can always be found in the trenches, if you know what you are looking for.

This is not about any one school vs. the other. This is simply about following the rules. A bad decision was made, rules were broken, there is more to this than meets the eye, and it is a real shame. Bashing another program or a principal is not going to change that-just let it go.

51AFBFan, you said yourself that Nick was told even by the Cascade administration that it would be hard for him to be eligible if he transferred. He was IMPLORED by many people at Shelbyville who really care about him as a young man first, not just for his talent, to stay put and not throw away his senior year of eligibility. So why would he insist on going ahead anyway-there is definitely more to this- why would you insist on going ahead when everyone tells you UP FRONT that what you are doing is wrong and against the rules of your association and you will have to face the consequences. Don't blame Don Embry - he is only doing what is required of him by TSSAA rules and regs. Also, he was not the principal in years gone by at SCHS; whatever you THINK happened in the past, is just that, in the past, whether true or not - and it is only being brought up to now try and somehow justify this unfortunate situation.

No one from Shelbyville is whining about Nick leaving nor harbors ill will towards him, although many were very disappointed in his decision making. I doubt very seriously if anyone from Shelbyville would even have come on this forum about Cascade, if not for some of you all putting down the school or bashing Mr. Embry. A poor decision was made and now the consequences must be faced and it is very sad-just a shame!

I don't think it is fair to publicly delve in to this young man's personal family situation either and there is no way that this situation can be compared to that of Kelby Sanders. Just ask Nick's sister who attends Shelbyville.

By the way Cascade 11, no one, and I mean no one I know from Shelbyville is even a tad bit jealous of Cascade -that's just plain funny! You just keep on living in your delusional fantasy world. It is not the fault of the kids who are playing at Shelbyville that the program got in to the shape it did but we still have pride in our school and it's winning traditions and do you seriously think anyone is afraid of Cascade-good grief-what a dumb thing to think, much less say out loud! We have a long road ahead but are on the right track with a great new coaching staff. Whoever said it was right about one thing, Nick did not see eye to eye with the coaches, because they apparently did not give him enough of the individual kudos he felt he deserved. Since when did a high school coaching staff need to bow to the whims of a student, anyway? What would that be teaching our kids? That doesn't sound like wanting to be part of a team effort to me, nor does forsaking your lifelong friends and teammates and as far as getting beat up every week, isn't that a part of football ? How many runningbacks expect to run from sideline to sideline and then downfield unscathed?

HOMECOOKEN, seriously, where do you get off saying that Nick wanted to go where they play like a team and strive for a winning season and then say you don't mean to disrespect the Shelbyville players. Give me a break. Rebuilding the Shelbyville program is all about a team effort and believe it or not, a good scout knows a talent whether they are playing for a winning program or a losing one. Are you all also saying that no one from Shelbyville is worthy of being recruited and that no scouts are there to look at any of these players? Get real! You are wrong again. Scouts are more interested in the individual than the team record; at least that is what they tell me. Often times, mediocrity is overshadowed by weak competition and a winning record. Real talent and character can always be found in the trenches, if you know what you are looking for.

This is not about any one school vs. the other. This is simply about following the rules. A bad decision was made, rules were broken, there is more to this than meets the eye, and it is a real shame. Bashing another program or a principal is not going to change that-just let it go.

Come on now this has nothing to do with the bashing of Shelbyville players and you know it. You are doing the same thing you are accusing us Cascade fans of doing by stating we play weaker competition but the bottom line is Cascade is alot smaller than Shelbyville. Another thing the principal at your school now was the Assistant Principal during the recruting regime at Shelbyville. The last people that should get upset with people moving and transferring to a school is Shelbyville. Your school has taken players out of other schools many times and did make the kids do the same thing your stating that Nick did alas Tiffany Woosley, Abi Ramsey, and many more students. We could go into all the players you have gotten from other schools but UT plays Florida on Saturday and I dont want to miss the game because i would still be here typing. Its not about whether or not Shelbville is jealous of Caqscade it is about a double standard that Shelbyville has. There is too much politics and favortism of Shelbyville over any other bedford county school. you guys call in and get upset when something is written in the paper that is positive towards Cascade and not enough about Shelbyville. Get over yourselves and let the kid play,. If he doesnt or didnt get along with the coaching staff why would he play there and why would they want him there. I have not met Nick myself personally but plan on introducing myself to him very soon, but frome verything I have heard he is a stand up kid that is very respectful to everyone he meets or is around. THIS IS RIDICULOUS LET THE KID PLAY!!!!

Come on now this has nothing to do with the bashing of Shelbyville players and you know it. You are doing the same thing you are accusing us Cascade fans of doing by stating we play weaker competition but the bottom line is Cascade is alot smaller than Shelbyville. Another thing the principal at your school now was the Assistant Principal during the recruting regime at Shelbyville. The last people that should get upset with people moving and transferring to a school is Shelbyville. Your school has taken players out of other schools many times and did make the kids do the same thing your stating that Nick did alas Tiffany Woosley, Abi Ramsey, and many more students. We could go into all the players you have gotten from other schools but UT plays Florida on Saturday and I dont want to miss the game because i would still be here typing. Its not about whether or not Shelbville is jealous of Caqscade it is about a double standard that Shelbyville has. There is too much politics and favortism of Shelbyville over any other bedford county school. you guys call in and get upset when something is written in the paper that is positive towards Cascade and not enough about Shelbyville. Get over yourselves and let the kid play,. If he doesnt or didnt get along with the coaching staff why would he play there and why would they want him there. I have not met Nick myself personally but plan on introducing myself to him very soon, but frome verything I have heard he is a stand up kid that is very respectful to everyone he meets or is around. THIS IS RIDICULOUS LET THE KID PLAY!!!!

i completely understand why nick left shelbyville. not anything against shelbyville because they have some tremendous athletes. i used to be an eagle so i am always gonna be a supporter of the team, but i moved from shelbyville to chapel hill and didnt miss a single game. Nick playin for cascade will better his chances of getting a higher education, not that he wouldnt anyways because i grew up with nick and played with and against him and he is smart, and he makes good grades, but shelbyville hasnt sent anyone to play college football since aled marable went to tsu my freshman year. so i dont disagree at all with nick for tryin to better himself, because i play college football and i love it. but back to the topic cascade runs away with this game. they have too much for CA too handle

I'm guessing your a politician or lawyer the way you twist words around. I don't have any problem with any of the kids at Shelbyville. Like I said, some may get noticed during games that recruiters are at to watch the other team. Recruiters go to see kids because those kids and usually there schools are having outstanding seasons. That is the point that you people are missing! Why gamble on being seen when you can be the one they are coming to see. If you rush for 1000 yards for a 2-8 team or 1500 yards for a 9-1 or 10-0 team who do you think is going to get the most press and attention drawn to them? Surely you can let common sense dictate your opinion on this matter.

As I've stated many times already, whether Nick plays for Cascade or not shouldn't be an issue for you or anyone else at Central and nothing you say is going to convince me differently. What this kid does at Cascade and with the rest of his life will not factor into anybody at Shelbyvilles future plans so the best thing you can do is take care of your school and let us take care of Nick now that he is a member of the Cascade family. The information I got is that Embrey is the only one who still factors into this equation from your part of the county so I'm not wasting anymore of my time addressing you Cascade bashers! Trying to use logic against you Embrey supporters is giving me a headache so I'm done with this argument.