Cumberland Co. Jets

Jet Pride

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is going on this suxs. Im so sick of losing what is the problem? Whats going on at CCHS

Read my thoughts on the main page. Before the school split CCHS had a so-so program, some say it was poor coaches other team attitude. If you were to take and put the school back together (I'M NOT FOR THAT, by the way) CCHS may have won a few games. You guys stayed in a 5A region and we where sent to the best 3A region in the state. I often wonder who in Cumberland Co. upset off the TSSAA! I just wish we could recruit like private school's.

Any way, good luck, we are pulling for you guys!

Sorry, but I like small school's. I do think the TSSAA needs to look at a better way to split a school. It's like giving a death sentence to the sporting program's. I felt we both should have been dropped to weaker regions to give us a chance to rebuild. By the way, where is Crabtree, Potter and Parson? They where pretty good ball players. To bad we can't recruit, we could use Crabtree!

A few things need to happen before your program can turn around.

1. Your school systems leaders needs to be commited to the program, if they are not get rid of them!!

2. Find a Coach that has a record of turning a program around.

3. Get out of 5A!!

Didn't they have a chance to get out of 5a and chose to stay because of Maryville? I guess this is better!!! There is no commitment by the coaches, boosters, or the board. Our boy Brumfield says maybe we ought to be able to recruit, well let's start with coaching. You want a winning program go to a program with a winning tradition and try to find out what it would take to get those type coaches and really go after him. Now the tricky part and this is where the Cumberland County School Boards rep gets involved KEEP THEIR WORD on what's promised. Splitting the schools didn't put this program where it is it is the commitment to excellence. It's monkey see monkey do. You don't like the program then find one you do and imitate it.Why would anybody with a good reputation want to come to the revolving coaching door called the JETS unless they wanted the ultimate challenge and yes I have been a Jet, a parent, a booster and always a fan. This is not an attack on Coach Shultz I can't even imagine what they promised the poor man before the reality of the job sit in.

This is a very young team in a bad situation. I played the last 4 years and can tell a difference in the community and the kids inthe schools not caring about sports. they'd rather play guitar hero and go to parties. this is going to be a long term rebuild, the good thing is they ae playing alot of underclassmen, and terryl bowen the qb will be there the next 3 years. the freshmen team is also doing real good this year, I just hope they give coach shultz some more time, and give his some more true assistants

Didn't they have a chance to get out of 5a and chose to stay because of Maryville? I guess this is better!!! There is no commitment by the coaches, boosters, or the board. Our boy Brumfield says maybe we ought to be able to recruit, well let's start with coaching. You want a winning program go to a program with a winning tradition and try to find out what it would take to get those type coaches and really go after him. Now the tricky part and this is where the Cumberland County School Boards rep gets involved KEEP THEIR WORD on what's promised. Splitting the schools didn't put this program where it is it is the commitment to excellence. It's monkey see monkey do. You don't like the program then find one you do and imitate it.Why would anybody with a good reputation want to come to the revolving coaching door called the JETS unless they wanted the ultimate challenge and yes I have been a Jet, a parent, a booster and always a fan. This is not an attack on Coach Shultz I can't even imagine what they promised the poor man before the reality of the job sit in.

When I said "recruit" it was a shot at KC, 3A team that dressed 110 players, must be nice. I may be wrong but it seems that the school board and county is more basketball than football. Am I wrong? Coaches at both schools need to work with elementary school's to develop players. What happens here is the future of High School ball. I attend alot of HES games and see 30-40 kids on the sideline and 12 kids from both school playing, so what happens is by the time they get to HS the majority quite. Alot of times it is the big slow kid who would make a great lineman later in High school. Good luck to both school's.

I actually knew recruiting was a shot at KC but it opened the right door anyway. There has always been more kids playing at the county level than come out at the high school level. I am hoping that they do turn the corner soon. something positive. I coached or know a lot of the kids that are juniors and seniors at both schools at some time in the past. Here is a suggestion that I know one program changed back to winning was to start bringing in alumni that had played stars and regular guys to speak to these young men to understand that there has been alot of blood, sweat, tears, injuries, even some wins, and heart break losses by those that came before them in the columbia blue. Not to date myself but I remember being so excited for friday night to get here to go to the games I couldn't hardly sleep. Good Luck Coach Shultz. the speed of the pack is always determined by the Leader.

CCHS will drop to either 4A or 3A next year. The state redistricts every 4 years the next being 2008. They used to do it every 2 but some genius changed it. Doesnt matter though the way the team is playing. The level of play doesnt drop that much from 5A to 3A. I am from Rhea County where football is #1 and have been in cumberland county for 14 years and I can tell ya the community could care less about football. Dont get me wrong the die hards do and always will but the county doesnt as a whole. Just look at some of the facilities at the elementary schools. Not only that the county will not help the pee wee league at all! No money and its a fight to find a place to play the games at. This is where you learn the game and develop players coming into high school. One other thing that I feel really hurts football is the number of elementary schools. When you have a team with a limited number of players the talent level goes down so your playing against weaker teams til you get into high school; then you realize your kinda behind. Dont get me wrong Im sure theres good football every Thursday but is it the same as playing outside the county against bigger schools and more talent? Just a thought. Either way if the community would get behind both schools with the number of players that are coming out support the younger kids, Pee Wee and elementary, things will change. May take some time but it can happen.

CCHS will drop to either 4A or 3A next year. The state redistricts every 4 years the next being 2008. They used to do it every 2 but some genius changed it. Doesnt matter though the way the team is playing. The level of play doesnt drop that much from 5A to 3A. I am from Rhea County where football is #1 and have been in cumberland county for 14 years and I can tell ya the community could care less about football. Dont get me wrong the die hards do and always will but the county doesnt as a whole. Just look at some of the facilities at the elementary schools. Not only that the county will not help the pee wee league at all! No money and its a fight to find a place to play the games at. This is where you learn the game and develop players coming into high school. One other thing that I feel really hurts football is the number of elementary schools. When you have a team with a limited number of players the talent level goes down so your playing against weaker teams til you get into high school; then you realize your kinda behind. Dont get me wrong Im sure theres good football every Thursday but is it the same as playing outside the county against bigger schools and more talent? Just a thought. Either way if the community would get behind both schools with the number of players that are coming out support the younger kids, Pee Wee and elementary, things will change. May take some time but it can happen.

As my name says I am your neighbor to the South, but I remember when CCHS actually played football years ago. I remember Curt Watson, Dana Winningham, Jim Thimpson, and others that went on and played at the next level. Only playing elementary schools within the county will kill you when they move up, because they don't know what to expect or that they are behind until it is too late. But you all have the same problem in CC that we do in BC, an administration and a community that has accepted losing. Stand up and be counted, let your board members and principals know you expect more. Again, we are experiencing the same thing down here in BC so I understand. As I said I remember when football meant something in this area and what it should mean today. Good luck, and Go Jets!