• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA's defensive line according the their roster is as follows:

McHaney, Jr., 6-5, 220

Lewis, So., 6-1, 250

Carrethers, Jr., 6-1, 290

Dabney, Jr., 6-1, 270

Did you happen notice that none of them are seniors? It's incredible. I think they can all play in college, not sure at what level. They also have an OLB (Tuani, 6-1, 240) who is a div. I prospect. They dominate the line of scrimmage.

BA's defensive line according the their roster is as follows:

McHaney, Jr., 6-5, 220

Lewis, So., 6-1, 250

Carrethers, Jr., 6-1, 290

Dabney, Jr., 6-1, 270

Did you happen notice that none of them are seniors? It's incredible. I think they can all play in college, not sure at what level. They also have an OLB (Tuani, 6-1, 240) who is a div. I prospect. They dominate the line of scrimmage.

Their roster is wrong. If you go to the game, you will see. They are much bigger than what is listed.

Will be a very interesting game..I think this will probably make or break Smyrna's season, they are at the point where they will choose what kind of team they will be..one that leaves it all on the field, or one that is left with question marks on what they really could have done. Sonny/Rod/Jesse/Jeremiah/Hager/Jonah have there work cut out for them, and also the offensive line does too. I look to see a lot of 4WR roll-outs and I'm not sure that will work against a defense that runs side-to-side well. Could be a rough game for Smyrna. Also I'd like to point out something, remember last year when Antoine and Maceo were pass-blocking, they did a terrific job picking up blitzes, this could be the difference in the game. Can Smyrna keep Sonny out of pressure? As for Smyrna's defense..well I hope Josh Day plays, because they will need a presence in the backfield to slow down this Brentwood Academy offense. I feel if Josh day plays and Smyrna can get presence in the backfield it will be a VERY low scoring/hard hitting game. Special teams will be a big factor because of Rod Wilkes, lets look to see if BA kicks away from him all game pretty much like Lebanon did.

Close game, could be another 9-7 nail biter.

couldn't be farther from the truth this is a non region game that other than window dressing will have zero effect on smyrnas season goals.

win - get to know you can play with the concensus best team in the state

lose - you get good competition to prepare for the tough late season games

no this game won't make or break smyrnas season the ones with a region game asterisk * are now the ones that make or break a season

actually I like smynas position now no more state title repeat talk all the emphasis in the region is now on riverdale and lebanon.

smyrna is just a nother team battling for a region playoff spot

Are you kidding me? Two straight losses will demoralize this team. Imagine if they are blown out, this game WILL make a big impact in Smyrna's season. If Smyrna did not want to win this game for it to give them some momentum, they 0bv. would not have scheduled this game. Come on, don't be so blind to see how important this game is.

You can bet while it would be a moral victory for public schools everywhere to see Smyrna beat BA, that they would trade it in a heartbeat to replay Lebanon again.

I agree with 82cat. Life goes on after a loss.......and you better believe their focus is more on worrying about getting in the playoffs than to win this non-region game.

Are you kidding me? Two straight losses will demoralize this team. Imagine if they are blown out, this game WILL make a big impact in Smyrna's season. If Smyrna did not want to win this game for it to give them some momentum, they 0bv. would not have scheduled this game. Come on, don't be so blind to see how important this game is.

sorry but as much as you would like to see smyrna demoralized it isn't going to happen

they will play as hard as they can and then win or lose get back to making the playoffs

this game will have zero effect on smyrnas region chances and season goals the most important game on smyrnas schedule is the next region game and then the next most important game will be the next region game and that is how will it will be all year.

folks smyrna lost to a very good lebanon team that needed to convert 5 4th down conversions to win by 3

I hope everyone in the region plans on playing a 'demoralized" smyrna team with their tail between their legs because that would be a mistake.

BA is just what smyrna needs right now a talented team defending state champ. That will certianly keep you from feeling to sorry for yourself this week during practice.

as mark twain said (paraphrase)

smyrnas death has been greatly exaggerated