BA vs Smyrna 2007

WarriorFan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not quite clear to me why BA is being touted as some almost supernaturally talented team. At this point, they aren't nearly as good as last year's team, IMO. Defensively, they have a chance to be if the secondary continues to improve. Offensively, they have a long ways to go, particularly in the passing game. You don't lose that many great athletes and bounce back as strong as ever...at least not right away. The Eagles are good, but very young. Next year and the year after, they will be dynamite!! They have a chance to be a special team this year as well, and I hope they become one. The schedule helps, with so many games against excellent teams.

Yes...a game against a talented, disciplined and well coached team. Yeah...who would want that??!!

I saw the BA-McC game friday night and BA looked any thing but supernatural. Mc won the battle in the trenches the first half on both sides of the ball. Jordan was a non factor the first half. Mc was slow getting the defense called on the screen pass that he scored his long touchdown on. I believe his ankle was still hurting him. Jordan rushed for 77 yds in 22 carries. Brock for Mc rushed for 101 yds in just 14 carries. Not bad against such a GREAT defenive line!!! Mc was on an emotional high with Potter coming back. If Smyrna can come out fired-up they can win!

I feel like BA is ripe for a butt kickin and if Smyrna is as good as some say friday night could be the night. I will not be suprised if Smyra WINS!

This is a link to the chattanoogan.com website for stats of BA-Mc game:

Link: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_112947.asp

I saw the BA-McC game friday night and BA looked any thing but supernatural. Mc won the battle in the trenches the first half on both sides of the ball. Jordan was a non factor the first half. Mc was slow getting the defense called on the screen pass that he scored his long touchdown on. I believe his ankle was still hurting him. Jordan rushed for 77 yds in 22 carries. Brock for Mc rushed for 101 yds in just 14 carries. Not bad against such a GREAT defenive line!!! Mc was on an emotional high with Potter coming back. If Smyrna can come out fired-up they can win!

I feel like BA is ripe for a butt kickin and if Smyrna is as good as some say friday night could be the night. I will not be suprised if Smyra WINS!

Can Smyrna beat BA this weekend? Absolutely. They have an explosive offense with the top WR in the state. But Smyrna's defense will also have its hands full trying to stop Chris Jordan and you better believe he will get the ball 20+ times. Jordan was definitely still slowed by the ankle injury against McCallie.

To suggest that BA's defensive line was showed up by McCallie's running game is insane. Brock probably got half of his rushing yards on the 1st drive of the game (and perhaps one other long run) until BA quickly adjusted and shut them down. If you were at the game, then you remember that the only TD McCallie scored was an absolute fluke that should have been intercepted by BA's CB. McCallie did not come close to scoring the rest of the game. BA's defensive line is not supernatural, but they dominate. If giving up 6 pts to a solid team is supposed to show your defensive line is overrated, that's a sign that BA's is pretty good.

I expect B A to be as good as they always are and to be loaded with talent as much as smyrna has seen in a while

I expect smyrna to play very well they also have a few athletes especially on offense that are as good as anybodies

this is a great game for both teams and both will play to win but also I guarantee you if either team had as star player that was doubtful or hurt during the game they would not chance theM getting hurt in this game.

Smyrna playing B A will be a huge plus in getting ready for the meat of the region schedule later

Smyrna has never backed away from tough non region opponents

gallatin

hendersonville

brentwood

ravenwood

While other teams are rolling up early undefeated records the proof comes later when the going gets tough

I look forward to a great game and smyrna can be loose and let it all hang out they are an overwhelming under dog I mean how could they be any good they lost a game!!

Please don't start anything runtheball. Smyrna and there program has reached the top why shouldn't they try to beat one of the best programs in the state. Remember they beat BA with O.J. Smith. Any division I school can beat a division II team so I hope that is what you are talking about.

No, I'm not trying to start anything. Most division II schools are good programs every year and you know why. You know very well that almost all public schools go up and down in talent cycles. They would not be playing you this year or the year O.J. played if they did not think they could compete.The only time any school plays outside is for a feather in their cap and a year they feel they can compete.. Every year there is a public school that could play with you guys,but they can't do it every year like you can. Even your former coach would not play at a level he didn't think he could win at. That is a fact.

I think most people in attendance would say that McCallie won a skirmish in the trenches during their first drive. However, I will agree that BA has not looked supernatural. It is EXTREMELY hard to run on them, but it worries me to think about what Sonny could do. He will have to hurry, but that will be okay with him. BA's offense has looked pretty ordinary and has not totally jelled with the new system just yet. I have not seen Smyrna this year, but I know Sonny very well. This game is a pick'em in my opinion. It is not a David vs. Goliath scenario by any means.

Hi Jack, No I'm not trying to start anything. Most division II schools are good programs every year and you know why. I hate to see any public school playing a division II at anytime in any sport. You know very well that almost all public schools go up and down in talent cycles. They would not be playing you this year or the year O.J. played if they did not think they could compete.The only time any school plays outside is for a feather in their cap. Every year there is a public school that could play with you guys,but they can't do it every year like you can. Even your coach would not play at a level he didn't think he could win at. That is a fact.

Not all coaches are about feathers and egos. Some coaches are playing to be better in November. They accomplish this by playing the best opponents possible.

So, why do you think that your opinion is a fact? I think you meant: "I feel strongly".

Not all coaches are about feathers and egos. Some coaches are playing to be better in November. They accomplish this by playing the best opponents possible.

So, why do you think that your opinion is a fact? I think you meant: "I feel strongly".

It is a fact that BA's last coach would only play at a level that he thought would give him the best chance to win a state championship. Won championships at different classes because of this, FACT.

Not much of a true athlete? lol this is probably coming from someone who has never played a high school sport period. ANYWAYS: this game is very important for the spirit of the team, maybe not the record so much. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with someone over this I'll just state what I think.

This game is crucial to Smyrna's season in terms of confidence.

See you at the game =)

what ever makes you feel better. everyone said the riverdale game last demoralized smyrna and they were done. so like i said, what ever makes you feel better. its your world, we're just here to crap on it.

sad news for smyrna, senior LB Josh Day out for season...

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...ORTS08/70910018

absolutely hate to see a player lose his senior season, i know i am upset about losing some of our seniors for even a single game. hope he gets the oppurtunity to play college ball, shame this might have cost him a scholarship also.