Alcoa vs. Maryville

WarriorFan

Maryville is better than any 5A team. 4A is tougher year end and out in my opinion.

Maryville better than any 5A team? They may play like it, but that remains to be seen. And 4A is one of the weakest classes. You have almost the same teams advancing far into the playoffs (Maryville, Hillsboro, Melrose, Mo. West - but I think they're down this year).

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville better than any 5A team? They may play like it, but that remains to be seen. And 4A is one of the weakest classes. You have almost the same teams advancing far into the playoffs (Maryville, Hillsboro, Melrose, Mo. West - but I think they're down this year).

I stand by my comment that no team in DI can beat Maryville. Alcoa is a top DI team in ANY classification any year and they cannot beat them. Alcoa is a top 5....no......TOP 3 team in ANY class for the last 3 years.

Alcoa had a streak of wins on Maryville....IF you look at the database at http://www.hsfdatabase.com .......SINCE 1990, Alcoa has won 4 times. That is a record of 4-14 against Maryville.........BEFORE 1990......Alcoa won 3 times in 20 years......that is a 3-17 record against Maryville...7 wins in 38 years.....some of the players that partisipated and remember beating Maryville for these 7 wins are 56 years old...why call that a rivalry?????? Oh...7 of the 22 wins in 80 years came from 1952-1958...THAT is the streak...

It is TOO bad Maryville and BA have not played since the 1970's. Come on administrators.........get this game together..we are in a small state, and this is doable....This game hurts neither team in their division for a loss.....The last time Maryville and BA tee'd up, the players would now be 45-50......