David Brainerd Christian @ Lancaster Christian

LCAKnightsFan

Does LCA run a true double wing or is it a modified wingT? Basically the DW has tight (1ft) splits and 2 wings and mostly 2 tights and the modified WingT has wide splits (1 yd), 2 wings and a split end. It is easy to set up in right/left sets (true WingT) by moving the backside wing to half back

I agree. If you go to the wingT you need to have that as your bread and butter and mix in some formations (loose, twins, etc) to spread the field when you want to do that. Out Jr High has 13 different formations (both left/right) that we run. Our base set is the double wing, one split with motion. It's very effective for a smaller teams with some speed.

Zone whats going on havent had much time to get on here, but I know what you are saying about the wing-t but I am looking more down the road as far as college and the wing is like dead. Anyway I couldnt get the game moved to friday (DONT HAVE ENOUGH UMPH YET....LOL). I have saw LC on tape they are not bad but we have to kind of use what we got type of thing and with better rotation of players I think I can get better work out of the spread, HEY tell your guys in SP to just tackle #21 and everything is going to go smooth!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong, but I did see one decent sized "wide out" (6'2'', 175lbs) that burned LV the entire night, with 7 catches and 133 yards, according to the paper. Also caught a 65 yard TD and extra point?

The only one to get burned was DB, Remember the score 44 to 14 and all that was at the start of the game. GO JACKETS!

LCA runs the true double wing. We only have 100 kids in our high school. We must get everything we can out of each player.

Private school, 100 kids in high school. There is the answer to the question I have been asking. You will be in 4 1A if thats the case. More competition for FCS getting players. This should get really interesting when you enter the TSSAA in region 4 1A. 3 privates fighting for players.

I guess that will mean only playing two 2A or 3A teams instead of 3. One if you dont play zero week. Whats the thoughts on this?

LCA only has two home schoolers on the team right now and they are both injured and neither one of them start. They both understand that when we enter TSSAA in 09 that this will not be allowed. I don't know where this idea comes from that we play a lot of home schoolers. I also feel very good about our chances of getting players from this area. We are the only Christian school in Smyrna. Our main competition for players is Middle Tenn about 15 min down the road. We are within 20 miles of Lavergne, Blackman, Antioch, and Smyrna high schools. We are very excited about our football team and the direction we are headed. God bless

Zone whats going on havent had much time to get on here, but I know what you are saying about the wing-t but I am looking more down the road as far as college and the wing is like dead. Anyway I couldnt get the game moved to friday (DONT HAVE ENOUGH UMPH YET....LOL). I have saw LC on tape they are not bad but we have to kind of use what we got type of thing and with better rotation of players I think I can get better work out of the spread, HEY tell your guys in SP to just tackle #21 and everything is going to go smooth!

Everybody has their own philosophy and opinions, you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. I say if a kid is a player he will get noticed by colleges reguardless of the offense he plays in HS. We have several smaller schools looking hard at several of our kids and some are getting a few looks from the mid size schools. We could have 3-4 that get offers. Not bad for the ole wingT and a 1A school. When you play us or see us on film you will see that this is not old school WingT. See if you can get the Tyner or Boyd games...those will be good. I think you can make the spread work, I just think you could win quicker with the T.

21 will get his share of hits on Friday

LCA runs the true double wing. We only have 100 kids in our high school. We must get everything we can out of each player.

I understand that. The WingT is an easy transition from the double wing. I used the DW with a 9-10 year old team so it is easy to learn. IMO, It just doesn't spread team out enough once you get into HS and you don't have the room to run the mis-direction as well. We would absolutely kill a true DW team.