Green Wave Defense

govolsgo7069

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Wave defense is going to improve. We should just give them time. But i hope it is not too late. I heard on the radio that tackling stations are coming back. So what do you think about them

GAllatin has alot of talent they just need to get it out of their heads tht they are a "young" team.

Time to wake up Fellas this isn't middle school nemore stop acting like deers in a headlight.

It all comes down to who wants it more and if your willing to work for it or not.

So stop acting like FRESHMAN and get your heads outta your butts and PLAY DEFENSE!!!!!

GAllatin has alot of talent they just need to get it out of their heads tht they are a "young" team.

Time to wake up Fellas this isn't middle school nemore stop acting like deers in a headlight.

It all comes down to who wants it more and if your willing to work for it or not.

So stop acting like FRESHMAN and get your heads outta your butts and PLAY DEFENSE!!!!!

These kids do think of themselves as a young team. They need to wake up and play like Sweat did. He played like a captain should play. These boys know they are not in middle school. You get your head out of your butt and know that these boys want it very bad. after being told they were nothing, they want it even more.

These kids do think of themselves as a young team. They need to wake up and play like Sweat did. He played like a captain should play. These boys know they are not in middle school. You get your head out of your butt and know that these boys want it very bad. after being told they were nothing, they want it even more.

These kids no doubt have faced adversity,with all the talk of the "amazing 42 seniors" that left but lets get for real here people ...how many of these seniors could be on the field at one time? there are 11 men on each side of the ball at all times so for real stop with the 42 seniors ..ITS GETTIN OLD!

Secondly leadership is how you deal with being challenged and how you respond and step up ...yes i appluad Sweat for steppin it up but can he do this week in and week out? if so he might prove very valuable and may indeed add much needed pressure on the quarterback considering the secondary isnt covering a soul on the PASS....

These kids no doubt have faced adversity,with all the talk of the "amazing 42 seniors" that left but lets get for real here people ...how many of these seniors could be on the field at one time? there are 11 men on each side of the ball at all times so for real stop with the 42 seniors ..ITS GETTIN OLD!

Secondly leadership is how you deal with being challenged and how you respond and step up ...yes i appluad Sweat for steppin it up but can he do this week in and week out? if so he might prove very valuable and may indeed add much needed pressure on the quarterback considering the secondary isnt covering a soul on the PASS....

That is one of the truest things I have heard about the green wave defense. The point of defense is to get the ball back. If a quarterback throws a duck, dont kill the reciever, pick the ball off. Hillwood had speed and used it to the Waves disadvantage. The wave seriously let a play go all the way with 9 missed tackles. Not good at all. 42 for the wave has some size on him, why is he not up front with Gleaves.

If the D line will start putting pressure on the QB then that would help the DB's.... sorry to bring it up but that was why Gallatin's DB's were so good last year and had as many int's.... pressure form the D line all the time, except maybe the Ravenwood game.

I hate to tell you guys this, but the majority of where we are hurting hasn't even been mentioned yet. I think Gwave may have eluded to it in another post.... But nonetheless... The type of 4-3 defense we run puts most of the emphasis on the linebackers to make plays. We have nowhere near the size, speed, power, or experience at the linebacker position this year. Ben Miller had over 300 tackles for Gallatin.... That's just nuts. Bell had several to tack on to that, and Harper at safety had over 100 tackles last year I think. I know these kids playing now want to win, don't get me wrong. But you cannot lose the amount of quality players we did and expect to be able to fill the gaps quickly.

i was apart of the amazing 42 senior team. and i agree it is getting old that everybody still talk about us. that season is over and you can't change last season you can only improve on this season take what you have right now and make the most of it they have playmakers but they need to step up and make plays

i was apart of the amazing 42 senior team. and i agree it is getting old that everybody still talk about us. that season is over and you can't change last season you can only improve on this season take what you have right now and make the most of it they have playmakers but they need to step up and make plays

Well... In a question of "what we think about Gallatin's defense"... We have to have something to compare it to. Otherwise, it isn't even worth answering. We can't say that this defense is good or bad unless we compare them to a past team. The coaching has stayed the same... The defensive scheme has stayed the same... So there has to be a hole somewhere... Because we definitely weren't giving up an average of 20 and a half points a game last year. You have to compare it to something.

Well... In a question of "what we think about Gallatin's defense"... We have to have something to compare it to. Otherwise, it isn't even worth answering. We can't say that this defense is good or bad unless we compare them to a past team. The coaching has stayed the same... The defensive scheme has stayed the same... So there has to be a hole somewhere... Because we definitely weren't giving up an average of 20 and a half points a game last year. You have to compare it to something.

This is also true. The Wave runs the same defense as past years. No doubt the senior team from last year had a great defense. That is why we went 10-0 in the regular season. But from what i saw, they did ot get better each week. Which is partly why the Wave got put out by Ravenwood in the first round. Hopefully this year the coaches will challenge the defense as well as the offense to get better with every day. That is the key to winning a 5A region title for the 3rd year straight

Attitude is the difference. It used to be that most kids growing up in Gallatin wanted to play for the Green Wave. When you finally were playing for the Green Wave then it became not wanting to be the team that did not do well. As a former player, our attitude was we were not going to lose period. We were reminded by the coaches each week that we were playing for our fathers, brothers, uncles,and anybody else that ever wore the Geen and Gold. Defense is all about attitude. The players have to bring the attitude that they are going to win the battle every play. The defense has got to go 100mph every play. I think the defense will get better.