3A D. Lipscomb at 4A Stratford

vandy1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D. Lipscomb is disappointing, they need to be playing in 4A, not 3A. They have a good team, probably cause they dont play good teams. When they do play a good team (Fulton), they lose but 4-5 touchdowns. But they could do well in 4A. Oh well, it is David Lipscomb : |

This is really not the response I was expecting to hear. The comment about when Lipscomb plays a good team like Fulton: Lipscomb loses by 4-5 touchdowns. Apparently this poster did not watch or listen to the game. A 2A Lipscomb beat 4A Champs Pearl Cohn the year the firebirds won the title and either the year prior or post the Championship.

In recent years, Hillsboro, Antioch, Overton, Franklin, MBA, Centennial, Hillwood, and Lebanon have either played a regular season game, Jamboree or regular scrimmage partner with the Mustangs.

If things stay on track, The Mustangs are probably destined to the ranks of 4A during the realignment year of 2009.

Perhaps that will make you and some others feel better.

lipscomb should take this with ease. their discipline will beat a raw stratford team. startford has not played good football at all this year. 'stangs by 3TDs.

I dnt think the stangs are going to beat by no 3TD's i have a good feeling that we might beat the stangs and give them their lost of the season. Their OL is good but DL is better so someone better tell the qb and rb to hold on to the ball this week because we will take it back to the house.

If D.L. played local teams, such as MBA, Hillsboro, Father Ryan, Overton, etc. they would see teams they SHOULD be playing, but rather, they play schools who all together really shouldnt have a football team. Im not bad-talking D.L., just put some competition on your scheduele.

I'm not sure of who you would be thinking of "schools that shouldn't have a football team. Lipscomb has to play 7 region games. Perhaps with the exception of Montgomery Central, all the teams on this year's schedule has enjoyed some success. The 2007 non-region games includes Stratford, Goodpasture, and Greenbrier. GB and GP are both teams who have played in the state championship game in recent years.

Lipscomb will destroy Stratford this week by a score of around 42-6.

Hey vandy1, it was in 1995-1996 when Lipscomb won the season series with Pearl Cohn. In '95 the Firebirds were a very mediocre team and in '96 they finished the season at 5-5 and snuck into the playoffs in the final week of the regular season by virtue of their win over then region opponent Cheatham Co. The rest is history as in the postseason that year a sophomore tailback named Beard and a senior quarterback named Fitzgerald led the first ever #4 seed to a state title. In 1997 when PC repeated they lost the season opener to MBA and afterward they ran the table finishing at 14-1 and beat Maryville for the state title.

Hey Wowcraft, I can assure you sir that Lipscomb will face a very good opponent when they square off against Giles Co. later in the season (Week 8). Marshall Co. is another team I expect to be playing really good football by the time they lock horns with Lipscomb in Week 9. Lipscomb also has a big non-region test coming up in Week 5 when they play their arch rivals in Goodpasture.

60spartans, I hope you have your "mind on focus" for Lipscomb better than you did for the "state pretenders" at Hillsboro. Otherwise, you will be in line for another running clock. But at least you can get home and see highlights from other "competitive" games.

WE do have our minds focus this week on the so called 3a state runner-up. We have already watch the tape and we were not impressive the d.line is lacking and o.line we will dominate by me and my fellow teammates in crime. So you stangs better get for a butt whipping.

GO SPARTANS!!!

P.S #78 and #60 said will get to know the qb lot more in depth on friday

WE do have our minds focus this week on the so called 3a state runner-up. We have already watch the tape and we were not impressive the d.line is lacking and o.line we will dominate by me and my fellow teammates in crime. So you stangs better get for a butt whipping.

GO SPARTANS!!!

P.S #78 and #60 said will get to know the qb lot more in depth on friday

The only thing you two fat cats (6'1" 330)&(5'8" 245) will get to know is the buffet at Shoney's!