3A D. Lipscomb at 4A Stratford

vandy1

Those DL boys can jump and run.

So does the Spartans have a crowd at their home games? Or is it like HL. They had very little community support at the HL games last year.

It was a very small home crowd. Lipscomb crowd much larger. Lets see if the New Mayor, Karl Dean lives up to his campaign promises and help schools like Stratford build community. Very few students in attendance--so where were they? Where were the parents and the boosters and the neighbors. Garcia needs to see the big picture and Karl Dean needs to be aware of what a Metro school is like on Game Night....both of these men are not from Nashville and do not know what community used to mean to various areas around town.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very small home crowd. Lipscomb crowd much larger. Lets see if the New Mayor, Karl Dean lives up to his campaign promises and help schools like Stratford build community. Very few students in attendance--so where were they? Where were the parents and the boosters and the neighbors. Garcia needs to see the big picture and Karl Dean needs to be aware of what a Metro school is like on Game Night....both of these men are not from Nashville and do not know what community used to mean to various areas around town.

You are right. Not much support. I would say Maplewood and Hunters Lane were where most of the students were and or Whites Creek and Pearl. Another possible reason is there was not much suspense about who would win the game.

Way to throw your teammates under the bus! You should have pushed the offense under there too, since they can't score.

Exactly what I was thinking. If I were Coach Smith or one of his teammates and read this nonsense there would be an opening for a starting DT position in practice this week because somebody would be KICKED OFF OF MY FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!

Some additional thoughts, opinions, and commentary along this line can be found on the Mustangfanpage.com

http://www.mustangfanpage.com/game%20grade.htm

If D.L. played local teams, such as MBA, Hillsboro, Father Ryan, Overton, etc. they would see teams they SHOULD be playing, but rather, they play schools who all together really shouldnt have a football team. Im not bad-talking D.L., just put some competition on your scheduele.

What the heck are you talking about? "Shouldn't have football teams"....? It sounds like Mustang envy or something because the Mustangs are a good team that rolls. Did you know for two years straight (2004 and 2005?), Greenbrier was only team to beat the Mustangs and as Vandy said we and Goodpasture have been to the state championship games in recent years. Greenbrier beat the same team that Father Ryan beat when playing Pope John Paul this year. Just sounds like you have something against DL to tell them they are not playing "anybody".

Hey GreenbrierCat2, enjoy the week off this week. Coach Williams & Co. are off to an excellent start this season. Guys like Dickerson, Grogan, Seay, Pinkleton, & Cline have really stepped up their games for the Bobcats from last year to this season.

Look forward to hosting Greenbrier next week for "Homecoming 2007" at CCCHS.

These guys are playing top-notch this year. Just when I think I have a favorite player on our team, all these boys make awesome plays. Michael Seay (pronounced "SEA" for those who don't know) took a thud and got back up to make the next play with some good yardage. They remind me alot of Herndon & Company. I watched Michael when he little playing baseball and he was good back then, but this boy is just a born athlete. It's exciting to watch the speed turn on in these guys when they hit the hole. I think maybe Butch Savage needs to come up with new saying of "SEAY YA"...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />