The WaCoJaCo 5A Top 10

WaCoJaCo

The end of the argument will come next year when Maryville will most likely become a Region 2, 5A school. The Rebels have had the best football team in the state (any classifacation) for about 5 years now. There is no end to their madness. This might be the last year Region 4 wins a gold ball.

Also for the past 3 years and for this year you could form a all star team from each region and region 2 would trounce everybody. Easily the best region from top to bottom in the state. I am a Region 1 fan by the way.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waco, I think Region 1 might end up getting Maryville when they move up. The Big East has one less team than region 2 already. I don't see anybody in region 2 moving down any time soon, so that would make 7 teams in region 1 and 9 teams in region 2. However, they might just rearrange the whole thing. Of course that would make too much sense for the powers that be. Farragut and Bearden are 3 miles apart and they aren't even in the same region, that's just crazy! So, you never know. Regardless of where Maryville ends up, the finalist from our end of the state will have to go through the Rebels to get there.

Farragut, WB, Ootlewah, and OR are very tough this year, McMinn is on the rise, Heritage, Soddy, and Bradley continue to struggle. I don't know how 2-5A matches up top to bottom with the other regions, but I'd put our top four against anybody's top four in TN.

Waco, I think Region 1 might end up getting Maryville when they move up. The Big East has one less team than region 2 already. I don't see anybody in region 2 moving down any time soon, so that would make 7 teams in region 1 and 9 teams in region 2. However, they might just rearrange the whole thing. Of course that would make too much sense for the powers that be. Farragut and Bearden are 3 miles apart and they aren't even in the same region, that's just crazy! So, you never know. Regardless of where Maryville ends up, the finalist from our end of the state will have to go through the Rebels to get there.

Farragut, WB, Ootlewah, and OR are very tough this year, McMinn is on the rise, Heritage, Soddy, and Bradley continue to struggle. I don't know how 2-5A matches up top to bottom with the other regions, but I'd put our top four against anybody's top four in TN.

WB, Ootlewah, Farragut, and OR versus Lebanon Smyrna Riverdale andtake your pick on the fourth team. Oakland, Lavergne, Wilson Central are about the same and that is probably the only game region 2 would win. If smyrna was such a fluke last year then why did they beat ooltewah in the playoffs? and i mean cmon be serious there is no way you can be a fluke and win a state championship. Flukes are one GAME happenings, not one SEASON happenings or one PLAYOFFS happenings. So region 4 has the DEFENDING state champs, AND Lebanon who beat them this week, AND Riverdale has won state a couple times the past ten years or so. I dont remember seeing farragut or ooltewah or William Blount or oak ridge (but i might be wrong about oak ridge) holding up any state championship trophies ANY of the past few years. So really, wheres the arguement.... the proof is when they play each other, in the playoffs and region 4 has DOMINATED. so wheres the arguement....

I didn't say anything about a fluke, maybe somebody else did. I said I'd put region 2 top four teams against any region in the states top 4, and I'll stand by that. Last year, and recent history don't mean crap this year. This year is this year and our top 4 teams this year are very very good. The only way to know for sure is the playoffs and we will be ready!

I didn't say anything about a fluke, maybe somebody else did. I said I'd put region 2 top four teams against any region in the states top 4, and I'll stand by that. Last year, and recent history don't mean crap this year. This year is this year and our top 4 teams this year are very very good. The only way to know for sure is the playoffs and we will be ready!

yea i wasnt sayin that you said it was a fluke, one of the previous people said it was a fluke and i was just replying to them at the same time. But i agree, its pointless talking about it now. we will see in the playoffs. sad part is that only one team from each region will be playing in that game so we will only see one team from region 4 against one team from region 2.

Guest workinprogress

He is 100 percent CORRECT!!!!!!

This is hilarious. All of you are talking about your regions being the best with region 2 and region 4. How bout I throw out there region 6. No Im not a fan of region 6, I am actually a fan of region 5. In region 6 you have Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, etc. all of which are fairly recent champions.

As far as the polls, all polls are pointless. Its a popularity contest and nothing more. Waco is right when he says this is his top ten for this week and this week its 100 correct. It meant absolutely nothing last week and it will mean absolutely nothing next week.

This is hilarious. All of you are talking about your regions being the best with region 2 and region 4. How bout I throw out there region 6. No Im not a fan of region 6, I am actually a fan of region 5. In region 6 you have Ravenwood, Franklin, Brentwood, etc. all of which are fairly recent champions.

As far as the polls, all polls are pointless. Its a popularity contest and nothing more. Waco is right when he says this is his top ten for this week and this week its 100 correct. It meant absolutely nothing last week and it will mean absolutely nothing next week.

The WaCoJaCo 5A poll changes every week to remain 100% correct. Duh!

Of cource last weeks poll is pointless. Next weeks poll is pointless also because it not out yet. When next weeks poll does come out it will be 100% correct.

I think what we're all trying to say here is that the Eastern half of the state will produce the 5-A champion for about the next 20 years.

2-5A now has strong coaching all around, much more than before. 4-5A has great tradition and great football every year. Maryville would romp through 1-5A, and maybe 2-5A as well. No one from the West will have a hope in a few years.