South Pittsburg @ David Brainard Saturday Game..

Geno

Probably was correct, but that should be between the schools administrators. I don't agree with bashing a school's facilities, however meek they may be. Think Tennessee, with it's 100,000 plus stadium, likes going to a smaller place to play, like maybe Memphis, or even California this year (with approx half the size of what they have). Vanderbilts stadium? Stinks compared in size to all other SEC schools.

I'm not sure even sure if you guys (Temple) have a field this year, but if you do, I can guarantee one thing. The folks at DBCS won't post undue comments on a public forum bashing the facilities. If people only realized the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into the athletic facilities at DB, they would be embarassed to ever say anything negative about it. It all goes back to understanding your roots and how you get to where you are today.

I think you guys play us on our home field this season. You may want to wait until you have seen our facilities before you say that you will not post "undue" comments. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I assure you they are much worse than yours. In fact, I may get on here after our game and bash the facilities. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is a good thing that you have pride in your facilities. No one could ever really appreciate them unless they do not have them or have not invested a lot of sweat in getting them as good as they are. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Zonepirate is a pretty classy guy, and even though he was expressing frustration about the facilities, I am pretty sure that he did not intend to be hurtful or hateful about it. He was really just expressing the truth from his perspective. When we played last year against South Pittsburg at Finley, he expressed the frustration of not being able to sit behind his team, but rather sat behind ours, next to our fans. He was right then and he is probably right about Saturday, even though it is hard to hear.

I feel the same way about having to go play an away game at Grace academy during basketball season. Their gym is inadequate. One year they played their home game at our university gym, McGilvary and it was packed, but everyone who wanted to come, got in. When we went to their place to play, they doled us out a ridiculously small amount of tickets for the game. Many were not able to attend becuase of it. I felt the same way Zone did. I thought that it was an inappropriate venue, everyone jam packed in, can't breathe, can't move, etc.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I was on the sidelines and I talked to the player that he tackled and then taunted right after it happened...He may be a great kid but he was taunting. And it was more than one occasion and he wasn't the only one. Your coaches may want to address that. It is also a fact that he was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and ejected from the game.

Read it again...I said "Second team players started seeing action in the first qtr" not that everyone was switched out. We have a little problem having enough DB's to play with just 2nd team guys when all you guys do is try to pass. I also said the JV players finished the game AFTER we scored our last TD on the first series which if you were paying attention took up most of the 3rd qtr because the mercy rule was in effect. You guys kept mostly starters in until the game was over. Why didn't DB put in their younger guys???

I'll ask you another question...How come our film guy was told he could not use the platform to film? They said he would just have to film from the ground. I have never seen that at any other school...ever. And don't say there was not enough room because there is no way DB needed both of the cameras filming and even then there was room for 1 more. They should have told little Johnny's daddy that was filming to get out of the way for SP's film guy.

I was just posting the facts. I agree with OP....the real fact is you guys should not be allowed to host a game until you have adequate facilities

They didn't have any more players to play. I actually saw a referee on the platform but I'm not sure about that whole thing. It looks like a death trap anyways. I think DB had already lost the game mentally before they even stepped on the field. If they brought their A game, they probably would have scored against your JV. It's hard to build fantastic factilities when you don't have a great deal of funding. South Pittsburg should know that better than anyone, didn't ya'll tear down your gym but didn't have enough money to build another one? If you want to gripe about winning then don't play them anymore; apparently for your sake and theirs. Some kids don't get to play football much less play on a decent field. Be happy your guys won the game and no one got seriously injured.

They didn't have any more players to play. I actually saw a referee on the platform but I'm not sure about that whole thing. It looks like a death trap anyways. I think DB had already lost the game mentally before they even stepped on the field. If they brought their A game, they probably would have scored against your JV. It's hard to build fantastic factilities when you don't have a great deal of funding. South Pittsburg should know that better than anyone, didn't ya'll tear down your gym but didn't have enough money to build another one? If you want to gripe about winning then don't play them anymore; apparently for your sake and theirs. Some kids don't get to play football much less play on a decent field. Be happy your guys won the game and no one got seriously injured.

The referee was on the lower platform running the clock, not on the top level with the DB film guys, but you missed the point. What facilities we have we let the other team use. We play on some fields that are not as nice as ours but they are at least adequate. I wish we had a choice about who we play in region play but we don't. Yes we had some problems with a gym but while we are without a gym we are playing our big home games at Jasper's gym or and our smaller home games to our elementary school gym....basically we moved our home games to adequate facilities. Sorry if you thought I was griping but truthfully DB just does not have the facilities to host a region game yet.

Oh, I did not realize you were a coach, since you were on the sideline talking to the players. Film guy? I have nothing to do with that, but realize that the 2nd level of the tower was only put up the night before, and could have been considered dangerous with more than 2 people up there. I can only imagine what SP's facilities looked like when they have been playing football for 3 years. All that tax money I pay helps build up public schools and I don't get any advantage at all out of that! Maybe the state could change tax laws and parents who send kids to private schools could get out of that money! Anyways, SP does have an awesome team. Just remember where you came from. I would envision that at some time in your history, you had bad facilities and even worse teams. Don't knock the schools for trying. Do it with class and you will be much better in the long run.

All the tax money? At LV the parents donate and the parents build everything. Get use to that. You sent your kid to private school so get over it. GO JACKETS! Film Guy LV (VOLUNTEER)

Oh, I did not realize you were a coach, since you were on the sideline talking to the players. Film guy? I have nothing to do with that, but realize that the 2nd level of the tower was only put up the night before, and could have been considered dangerous with more than 2 people up there. I can only imagine what SP's facilities looked like when they have been playing football for 3 years. All that tax money I pay helps build up public schools and I don't get any advantage at all out of that! Maybe the state could change tax laws and parents who send kids to private schools could get out of that money! Anyways, SP does have an awesome team. Just remember where you came from. I would envision that at some time in your history, you had bad facilities and even worse teams. Don't knock the schools for trying. Do it with class and you will be much better in the long run.

There were 3 people in the top level, 2 people that were filming the game for DB but we were not allowed to have our film guy up there. Having film of every game is extremely important to see where mistakes were made so they can be corrected. If you have a place to film from then the host team should provide the visiting team a place to film from...this is just a little bit of football etiquette that DB has yet to learn.

It is just a simple fact that DB's facilities are inadequate for a region game. Not knocking just stating a fact. Temple and Silverdale at least understand that. Silverdale is moving their game to Finley and Temple did last year. and Grace made temporary accommodations at their field last year and moved their game with Boyd last week. keep playing big home games at your field and you will keep hearing about it.

The DB coaches I have met seem to be real nice guys that are working hard. I wish them luck the rest of the season

The referee was on the lower platform running the clock, not on the top level with the DB film guys, but you missed the point. What facilities we have we let the other team use. We play on some fields that are not as nice as ours but they are at least adequate. I wish we had a choice about who we play in region play but we don't. Yes we had some problems with a gym but while we are without a gym we are playing our big home games at Jasper's gym or and our smaller home games to our elementary school gym....basically we moved our home games to adequate facilities. Sorry if you thought I was griping but truthfully DB just does not have the facilities to host a region game yet.

Old Pirate says, Zone, you can tell the DB folks about blood,sweat and tears can't you. The SP facilities are some of the nicest around and a LARGE portion of it's makeup is from private citizen's time and money. THe DB folks need to learn about hospitality. Hey Zone, OP may need some help locating those porta-pots at a cut rate price. Heck, we have a year, perhaps we'll be able to borrow some from the gym construction site for the game with DB.

Old Pirate says, Zone, you can tell the DB folks about blood,sweat and tears can't you. The SP facilities are some of the nicest around and a LARGE portion of it's makeup is from private citizen's time and money. THe DB folks need to learn about hospitality. Hey Zone, OP may need some help locating those porta-pots at a cut rate price. Heck, we have a year, perhaps we'll be able to borrow some from the gym construction site for the game with DB.

I personally know some older ladies who went to the game to watch their grand children play.... They didn't realize they needed to carry chairs and made a long trip for nothing. It takes money to build a program and I heard the coaches were offered a deal to change locations but turned it down. It's nice to play in front of your home crowd and I am sure db will have some nice facilities down the road. But having Grandmas and Grandpaws standing in 90 degree weather is a little too much to ask. The trip wasn't a total waste though they turned it into chance to do some shopping.

I personally know some older ladies who went to the game to watch their grand children play.... They didn't realize they needed to carry chairs and made a long trip for nothing. It takes money to build a program and I heard the coaches were offered a deal to change locations but turned it down. It's nice to play in front of your home crowd and I am sure db will have some nice facilities down the road. But having Grandmas and Grandpaws standing in 90 degree weather is a little too much to ask. The trip wasn't a total waste though they turned it into chance to do some shopping.

Old Pirate says Hey team69, are you planning on going to the Tyner game? OP would be interested in your Top 10 RB for SP. OP started it and has some interesting posts. Check it out and give some insite.

Old Pirate says, Zone, you can tell the DB folks about blood,sweat and tears can't you. The SP facilities are some of the nicest around and a LARGE portion of it's makeup is from private citizen's time and money.

I could write a book about it. It's been a tough 8 weeks. We worked from 7 AM - 3 PM today in the weight room to get ready for next Friday. If we hadn't had a Sat game scheduled we could have done it yesterday and taken Sunday off. I guess that is why I am a little ill /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Here is a whole set of pictures of what we did this summer Beene Stadium renovations . The oldest pictures are on page 4 at the bottom. We have well over 500 man-hours in the last 8+ weeks. I guarantee DB can raise more money than we can if they try. We are just a small town school.