Coffee County @ Warren County

RaiderRat

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with owls, yes WC has alot of Confidence, but just because we haven't played cookeville or Tullahoma YET(which we will as a matter of fact the cavs are our last game, the spot that is usually reserved for CC) doesnt mean our guys aren't prepared to face you. By the way Our Freshmen are going to be really tough in the future, they have played Blackman, are going to play Riverdale and Soddy. WC is working extremely hard and In my opinion has the heart to beat whatever comes in front of them and that includes Coffee County. I do give Coffee major props for hanging in there with Oakland and the win against Cookeville, you guys do play some tough teams I give you that, as a matter of fact I was at the Brentwood game a year or two back and you guys didn't do too bad. I hope all the players and fans will keep their emotions in check, after all, we the fans, and players are representing our communities/counties. Hope to see a great game!

Warren County wants Coffee County bad, Coffee Count is Warren County's "Tullahoma" if you will. The Raiders are focused and playing good football right now...they will be tough to beat, assuming they don't show up and fumble the ball 3-4 times. It will be a tough game early but I think CC has too much power and even too much speed for the Pioneers... another problem CC could run into is overconfidence after the past two weeks, but I doubt that will happen....These kids know what kind of situation they have put themselves in and I doubt they will lose focus and blow it. I'll take Coffee County 35-14. The Pioneers will be confident though, 4-0 on the season...but no big tests. Big playoff implications this week for sure! Hope to see a huge crowd in what has become a pretty nice rivalry game!

Good luck! fumbling is also the key for Warren Co. Turnovers were the key in against Tullahoma

Sounds to me like Coffee Co. has already won this game......You better top off that coffee pot that you won friday night. You may need an extra cup or two because it might be a longer night than expected for the Raiders. Did somebody mention overconfidence?

Overconfidence is a problem that both teams are facing. it will come down to the X's and O's and excution of the game. Warren is 4 and o Coffee is 3 and 1, both teams could fall in the trap of overconfidence. I have not seen Warren play, i did see them practice and they are a much improved team, but so is Coffee. Coffee is very physical team that has three very good running backs and some recievers that has some good hands they really have not used yet, there off line is huge and they excute. There Def is getting better every game, so CC is looking better every game, just like Warren County. I think the deference will come down to teams that they have played. if i looked at it right Warren's opp are 1 and 14 and Coffee's opp are 8 and 8. that does make a difference. If Coffee holds on to the ball i feel they will win by 10 points. Good luck to both.

Homecoming week for Warren co (did I say distraction?) Fair week in Coffee Co (did I say distraction?). BTW - I heard there is free food for all Coffee County football players at the fair on Thursday night but only if you arive after 10pm. So please spread the word - FREE FOOD for all Coffee County players at the fair after 10pm on Thursday night!!!! (I hope they enjoy it too). /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Homecoming week for Warren co (did I say distraction?) Fair week in Coffee Co (did I say distraction?). BTW - I heard there is free food for all Coffee County football players at the fair on Thursday night but only if you arive after 10pm. So please spread the word - FREE FOOD for all Coffee County players at the fair after 10pm on Thursday night!!!! (I hope they enjoy it too). /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i would say that Coach Price will take care of the fair problem. As for Warren Co. having Homecoming, always in the past Coach's and or school admin. schedule there Homecoming against Weak Teams, so that tells me what Warren thinks of Coffee. i really don't know Price but i would say that he might use that to CC favor. but it still comes down to the match up's between players.

i would say that Coach Price will take care of the fair problem. As for Warren Co. having Homecoming, always in the past Coach's and or school admin. schedule there Homecoming against Weak Teams, so that tells me what Warren thinks of Coffee. i really don't know Price but i would say that he might use that to CC favor. but it still comes down to the match up's between players.

Easy now windy lol ... Warren County has a frontloaded home slate of games. If I remember correctly, they only have one home game after this Friday and that will obviously be reserved for senior night. If it were up to me homecoming would not happen ever lol...and the fair is always a distraction but Coach Price doesn't let his players go. But the Raiders will be out of school Friday so that does get them out of routine which is never good...but small...it comes down to X's and O's as you said. It's hard for me to believe that either team will be overconfident or Cocky simply because they know what's at stake. But at the same time, neither group has been in this position before so who know's how they will act. I think it comes down to the coaching staff's and who can keep there team more focused on the prize. No knock at Coach Madewell at all, but Coach Price and his staff are doing a fine job so far this season all the way around. I'll stick with the Raiders by two touchdowns.