Can Gallatin get it together?

JustaGHSfan

id really appreciate it if yall would quit posting all this crap on here about "can gallatin get it together" or "green wave defense" we get enough ridicule as it is so let us handle it without all the talk. you all act like this is the worst start gallatin has been off to, but if im not mistaking there was a team a little while back that started 0-3 and went to the semi-finals of the playoffs...just let us handle it

I don't remember the last time that Gallatin had so many problems in all three phases of the game. If there were just one or two things that needed to be worked on I might be able to see some hope. But they are struggling in so many areas that I just don't see them winning more than a couple more games. They defense has been no where near good. The offense has only had a couple of good drives. The special teams gives up blocked kicks. I don't ever remember a team going from being so good in so many areas to so bad in so many areas in just one offseason. I know the kids are frustrated with the results, and don't really want to read anything like this, but it is what it is.

At this point in time it is hard to argue that Gallatin is one of the four best teams in the region. Hendersonville, Hunters Lane, Antioch, McGavock, and Glencliff are all teams that are capable of beating this particular Green Wave.

I hope the seniors are able to salvage their final year, but if I'm an underclassman I want to get in there and build for next year.

id really appreciate it if yall would quit posting all this crap on here about "can gallatin get it together" or "green wave defense" we get enough ridicule as it is so let us handle it without all the talk. you all act like this is the worst start gallatin has been off to, but if im not mistaking there was a team a little while back that started 0-3 and went to the semi-finals of the playoffs...just let us handle it

I take it from your reply that you are a player for Gallatin. If you want these kinds of post to stop then you boys need to start playing with fire in you belly and with a purpose. I know you guys are frustrated and don't want to loose any games but you boys are the only ones that can do something about it! It looks like you all are out there just going through the motions much of the time. You guys need a leader and some kids to start stepping up. I hope you win out and play for the championship but I and all the other fans can only hope for it... you guys are the ones that have to make it happen.

I take it from your reply that you are a player for Gallatin. If you want these kinds of post to stop then you boys need to start playing with fire in you belly and with a purpose. I know you guys are frustrated and don't want to loose any games but you boys are the only ones that can do something about it! It looks like you all are out there just going through the motions much of the time. You guys need a leader and some kids to start stepping up. I hope you win out and play for the championship but I and all the other fans can only hope for it... you guys are the ones that have to make it happen.

yea i play im #6 a wide reciever and i know we lack leadership thats why im tryin my hardest to step up and see what i can do about that. ill tell you startin monday that we wont lack the leadership and all the bad practices are begind us cause that where it starts, not on friday night, it starts monday and believe me from now on practice is gonna be more intense and meaningfull (sp) than ever before, take my word for it...and you all just stay behind us and were gonna strive off of the SUPPORT!!!

yea i play im #6 a wide reciever and i know we lack leadership thats why im tryin my hardest to step up and see what i can do about that. ill tell you startin monday that we wont lack the leadership and all the bad practices are begind us cause that where it starts, not on friday night, it starts monday and believe me from now on practice is gonna be more intense and meaningfull (sp) than ever before, take my word for it...and you all just stay behind us and were gonna strive off of the SUPPORT!!!

I'm glad to hear that.... and you are absolutely right, it has to happen at practice and Friday nights will be a reward. This Gallatin fan is behind you and this team more than you will ever know! I hear what happens and sneak by practice once in a while... you guys just practice wide open and it will happen for Gallatin...

By the way, heck of a game Friday night 6... GO WAVE!

kind of hard to get a team together when you have your quarterback and head coach who calls the plays arguing to each other like i saw friday night in the stands. and halftime it seems like to me yall weren't together that it was just whatever for you guys. looked like you guys didn't care that it was already over

The Ingham kid has looked good. Outside of that blocked put for a TD, which the blocking looked questionable at best. Soild on field goals and extra points, not to mention the SEC worthy kickoffs. I'd say Lassiter was atleast one weapon he should take better advantage of.

The Sweat kid on defense is also note worthy. The game that boy had a hillwood was incredible. While it looked like the rest of the D was running in concrete he was all over the backfield and hillwood has tons of speed from what i saw.

The only thing that i see as a possibilty is to put Boo at reciever and let the Matthews boy run QB. Boo is a stellar athlete, but in terms of reading the D and making the best decision its hit and miss. Put the ball in his hands often, but dont let him be the only thing the other teams have to defend. If he is out wide they have to respect that which would open other things up. The little bit i've seen the Matthews boy he looked solid and should only get better.

The Ingham kid has looked good. Outside of that blocked put for a TD, which the blocking looked questionable at best. Soild on field goals and extra points, not to mention the SEC worthy kickoffs. I'd say Lassiter was atleast one weapon he should take better advantage of.

The Sweat kid on defense is also note worthy. The game that boy had a hillwood was incredible. While it looked like the rest of the D was running in concrete he was all over the backfield and hillwood has tons of speed from what i saw.

The only thing that i see as a possibilty is to put Boo at reciever and let the Matthews boy run QB. Boo is a stellar athlete, but in terms of reading the D and making the best decision its hit and miss. Put the ball in his hands often, but dont let him be the only thing the other teams have to defend. If he is out wide they have to respect that which would open other things up. The little bit i've seen the Matthews boy he looked solid and should only get better.

You are spot on!

The Butler kid at receiver or the slot would be a much better fit IMO... you could use him so many different ways. He doesn't throw the ball with much on it therefore it floats or the receivers have to wait on it many times. Putting Matthews in at QB would give the other teams something to think about, like you said. I've been told that the kid with the best arm is the other senior QB. Maybe use him and try and open up a passing game which will only help the running game... anyway, try something different and if it doesn't work you can always go back to what's not working now!

You are spot on!

The Butler kid at receiver or the slot would be a much better fit IMO... you could use him so many different ways. He doesn't throw the ball with much on it therefore it floats or the receivers have to wait on it many times. Putting Matthews in at QB would give the other teams something to think about, like you said. I've been told that the kid with the best arm is the other senior QB. Maybe use him and try and open up a passing game which will only help the running game... anyway, try something different and if it doesn't work you can always go back to what's not working now!

the other kid is sunshine. his real name is adam patrick he plays db on defense but i agree he does have the best arm on the team

You are spot on!

I would agree,

I think butler would make a great running back, wideout . I think Holder is a great running back!!! But without BLOCKING nothing is going to be very effective its almost like the other teams defense knows what we are going to do before we do. The defense doesnt look to bad they just cant stay on the field that long. #54 was allover the field friday and never let up. #16 was laying some licks(love to see those big hits) #1 was like glue on their WR. Defense needs to get mad and play that way.

KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH AND LEAVE IT ALL ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!

AND I WILL BE THERE CHEERING FOR MY GREENWAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!